Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Perfect timing for site obliteration

mountaineerman
School: Appalachian State

Perfect timing for site obliteration

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:25 pm

Well it took me 45 minutes to post this. No other site I ever visit has the problems that this one does. What can be done?

mountaineerman

Re: Perfect timing for site obliteration

Unread post by mountaineerman » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:52 pm

We may be back! Let’s go!

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:12 pm

Just worked well for me after nothing for a couple days.

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:12 pm

Sincere apologies for the site issues and yes, it happened at probably the worst time possible. We are a free site and do not have the resources other sites have to fix these issues that can pop up from time to time. We have some folks who help run the boards (huge shout out to appst89 and biggie for all the work they do!) but we have one “technical” resource which is me. With 5 kids, it’s not always easy to drop everything and get the site fixed and in most cases, it requires working with someone on the other side of the world so responses are delayed. We will continue to try and improve and appreciate the patience everyone has shown.

Thanks,

Kyle

BayouApp

Unread post by BayouApp » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:58 am

It happens. Thanks to you and the others for donating your time to the website!

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:12 am

I’m actually glad this site wouldn’t work during the weekend. I do not miss the posts that would have been on here about it being the end of the program, fire Clark, we suck, blah blah blah. This stuff happens. Thank you to all the mods for what you do here every day.
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

WXAPP

Unread post by WXAPP » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:57 pm

The hateful posts do damage to the App State brand. Parents and potential prospects surf these boards. They read the stuff and get a feel for the fan base. I'll tell ya, on more than one occasion, I know of talented kids who have opted to look elsewhere because of some of the hateful things seen. Words matter folks. Passion is great, but when it turns into hate filled rants and attacking players and staff, that's when we get viewed as being no better than GASouthern.

We are Mountaineers. We treat each other with respect and support our players, coaching staff and their families. OK to criticize, but remove the hate and the ugliness. Think / pause before you post. As David Jackson said, "It's just a game." We've been fortunate by our ongoing and long history of success.

I'll die Mountaineer Proud.

- WXAPP
Twitter: @wxcrum

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:43 pm

Yosef wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:12 pm
Sincere apologies for the site issues and yes, it happened at probably the worst time possible. We are a free site and do not have the resources other sites have to fix these issues that can pop up from time to time. We have some folks who help run the boards (huge shout out to appst89 and biggie for all the work they do!) but we have one “technical” resource which is me. With 5 kids, it’s not always easy to drop everything and get the site fixed and in most cases, it requires working with someone on the other side of the world so responses are delayed. We will continue to try and improve and appreciate the patience everyone has shown.

Thanks,

Kyle
No need to apologize. We appreciate the efforts!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:45 pm

WXAPP wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:57 pm
The hateful posts do damage to the App State brand. Parents and potential prospects surf these boards. They read the stuff and get a feel for the fan base. I'll tell ya, on more than one occasion, I know of talented kids who have opted to look elsewhere because of some of the hateful things seen. Words matter folks. Passion is great, but when it turns into hate filled rants and attacking players and staff, that's when we get viewed as being no better than GASouthern.

We are Mountaineers. We treat each other with respect and support our players, coaching staff and their families. OK to criticize, but remove the hate and the ugliness. Think / pause before you post. As David Jackson said, "It's just a game." We've been fortunate by our ongoing and long history of success.

I'll die Mountaineer Proud.

- WXAPP
Never get why people post really hurtful stuff and hate filled rants. Every school seems to have some of those. It baffles me that anyone would think our program is at the end of the world because we lost a championship game. That certainly won't be the last time we play for a SBC football title.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”