Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Peoples

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: Peoples

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:58 pm

appstate5 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:17 pm
I was hoping to see a few wrinkles on offense but I didn't see anything that we hadn't done all year. No misdirection, no screens, no trickery.
There wasn’t a lot of time for those plays to develop and the lack of screen passes tells me that we don’t have backs that we consider to be reliable in their pass catching. Could be wrong on that.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:28 pm

appstate5 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:58 pm
Does anyone on this board REALLY think that the UL team had better players than us? We had a great stable of backs, awesome receivers, awesome defense. Noone from the UL team stuck out to me. Yes their freshman RB was good, but I would still take Peoples. Guess I just bleed black and gold.
Yes.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:19 pm

I don't know why he's sitting, but have you been watching Cam Peoples' twitter? Dude is constantly congratulating and retweeting recognition for teammates. He's doing everything he can publicly to show he's an engaged part of this team. I think many MANY of you are vastly misunderstanding a dude who's giving his all for Appalachian State.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:14 pm

appstate5 wrote:
Does anyone on this board REALLY think that the UL team had better players than us? We had a great stable of backs, awesome receivers, awesome defense. Noone from the UL team stuck out to me. Yes their freshman RB was good, but I would still take Peoples. Guess I just bleed black and gold.
Yes.

They were wreaking havoc in the trenches on both sides. Napier really put in the work in the portal.

CharlotteApp05

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:23 pm

Agree- They were better. Both times this year.

To the point of we didn’t expand the conference and would play them every year going forward, we needed a new recruiting strategy. Love our speed, but need more size to compete with that.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:30 pm

Also,

to everyone saying we didn't get Cam the ball enough.

Noel Attempts 196 YDS 1,078 AVG 5.5 TD 4
Cam Attempts 153 YDS 825 AVG 5.4 TD 14

We almost had 2 1k RBs again. Cam had some injury issues and they were probably watching the number of plays he had so that he can have a full football career and isn't a cripple for the rest of his life to satisfy fans that want a win. He still had a great season stat line. He has nothing to hang his head about. He has still done enough to show scouts his talent if they are interested. I think we are getting too hung up on it.

What I wish for our offense is if we would go back to using TEs more in the passing game.

Our TE combined for 27 REC all year. Heck our RBs only had 12 REC all year. Our short game has just vanished and that was always a sweet spot for us for the last 15 years that helped to open up the field.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:42 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:19 pm
I don't know why he's sitting, but have you been watching Cam Peoples' twitter? Dude is constantly congratulating and retweeting recognition for teammates. He's doing everything he can publicly to show he's an engaged part of this team. I think many MANY of you are vastly misunderstanding a dude who's giving his all for Appalachian State.
I don't think anyone is saying he is a bad teammate. In fact, I think he is a good teammate. The issue is that he seems to want more carries and possibly has had some disagreements with Clark at times. From evidence of things his mother and Cam have said I think he is probably going to look into the portal or declare early but perhaps our coaches can talk him into returning. I really want Cam to return but he has to want to as well and if he goes elsewhere we should wish him luck.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:52 pm

appdaze wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:30 pm
Also,

to everyone saying we didn't get Cam the ball enough.

Noel Attempts 196 YDS 1,078 AVG 5.5 TD 4
Cam Attempts 153 YDS 825 AVG 5.4 TD 14

We almost had 2 1k RBs again. Cam had some injury issues and they were probably watching the number of plays he had so that he can have a full football career and isn't a cripple for the rest of his life to satisfy fans that want a win. He still had a great season stat line. He has nothing to hang his head about. He has still done enough to show scouts his talent if they are interested. I think we are getting too hung up on it.

What I wish for our offense is if we would go back to using TEs more in the passing game.

Our TE combined for 27 REC all year. Heck our RBs only had 12 REC all year. Our short game has just vanished and that was always a sweet spot for us for the last 15 years that helped to open up the field.
No doubt. We will see what happens but I am doubtful he returns and there are many others who are as well. He is one of 3-4 players I have my eyes on that I could see not playing in the bowl game, not including Dowdy and Smith who have entered the portal.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:15 pm

appstate5 wrote:
Yes, I do. It also doesn’t help that Levi Lewis had 2 of his best games of the season against us. Go check out his QBR game by game. The only games he had a QBR above 80 were App, Troy, and App in the championship. Dude just turned it on against us.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:09 pm

appstate5 wrote:
They have better players that fit their schemes that are designed to beat our schemes.

Pure athletes, I think we have them beat. Players for our schemes, we definitely have them beat.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:52 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:42 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
I don't think anyone is saying he is a bad teammate. In fact, I think he is a good teammate. The issue is that he seems to want more carries and possibly has had some disagreements with Clark at times. From evidence of things his mother and Cam have said I think he is probably going to look into the portal or declare early but perhaps our coaches can talk him into returning. I really want Cam to return but he has to want to as well and if he goes elsewhere we should wish him luck.
The issue is people like you don’t know anything about it. You cast aspersions on what he thinks, wants, or will do when you don’t know. I don’t know either but I’m not making claims that I do. I’m telling you what he’s actually doing.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:07 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:52 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:
The issue is people like you don’t know anything about it. You cast aspersions on what he thinks, wants, or will do when you don’t know. I don’t know either but I’m not making claims that I do. I’m telling you what he’s actually doing.
Maybe I have talked to someone within the family or someone on the staff who knows something? I would not assume what someone does or doesn't know. It is completely up to him on what he does but I don't see him returning. Happy to eat if things change but I don't see it changing. Then once he goes the one thing I am not sure about at all is if he hits the portal or declares for the draft. He does need another season before he goes pro in order to give him the best chance to be ready for that level.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:48 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:07 am
APPdiesel wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:
Maybe I have talked to someone within the family or someone on the staff who knows something? I would not assume what someone does or doesn't know. It is completely up to him on what he does but I don't see him returning. Happy to eat if things change but I don't see it changing. Then once he goes the one thing I am not sure about at all is if he hits the portal or declares for the draft. He does need another season before he goes pro in order to give him the best chance to be ready for that level.
You may very well have spoken to someone who knows, but honestly-I don’t believe a thing you say. You’ve shown nothing in your history of posts that would change my mind. Granted, I’ve gotten to the point where I normally skip through the majority of the novels you write on here.
Give 'em hell!

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:11 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:16 am
appbio91 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:59 am
There is a lot of hysteria on other platforms so I don’t take it too seriously but, anybody know if the transfer rumors have any validity?
Wouldn't be surprised if it happens.... He should have been used more this year.
In the post before this you say "he felt the best he's felt all year" which implies that he has been nicked up and injured throughout the year. Given his track record, Clark may have saved Cam from himself considering he can't take a full workload without getting injured.

Transferring isn't going to fix this issue. The only thing scout's need to see if that Cam can play and carry even a split load without getting hurt. It's not a personal issue but a physical one and I have a feeling it's due to his build. He may be 220 lbs but he looks like he could carry 240, and maybe should, to get some padding against some of the injuries he has had.

Again, transferring and playing more isn't going to change the injury concerns. He would be better off staying, working to continue to mature and change his body, and come back and show this staff that he can handle 15 to 25 carries a game.

Miami hurt, Marshall hurt, Louisiana hurt. Coastal he played but wasn't healthy. His injury situation necessitated splitting carries.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:14 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:
Hate to pile on here but if you've talked to someone in the family or staff. Please keep it off the message boards. If you've seen this kid posing with children after the game and interacting with the fans, he's a class act and deserves confidentiality. Plus he is one hell of an athlete. I'd hate for it to be my job to tackle him. ;)

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:19 am

My guess is that this is not helping. Probably time to kill this thread.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:16 pm

mike87 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:14 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:
Hate to pile on here but if you've talked to someone in the family or staff. Please keep it off the message boards. If you've seen this kid posing with children after the game and interacting with the fans, he's a class act and deserves confidentiality. Plus he is one hell of an athlete. I'd hate for it to be my job to tackle him. ;)
There had actually been some smoke that he was looking to leave as early as the Marshall game but I never said a word. I wanted to see it play out. After seeing more evidence on social media and hearing some things I feel the guess he is gone is pretty accurate right now. His mother has not hid her feelings and those who have not seen it should follow her.

Nobody on here should pile on him because of what you said. I will respect his choice to go pro or transfer but I think his best bet is to come back to App for one more year. This is his choice though and nothing any of us think on here matters. I just hope our fans don't trash him if he does transfer because it is his life. We should want players here who want to be here and he should also do what he feels is best for him.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:18 pm

All I know of Cam is what I’ve seen on the field and the sidelines. Hurt or healthy he always looked positive and encouraging. Made the comment to several folks before this thread ever started that he looked like a great teammate. Hope he heals and stays a Mountaineer.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:21 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:18 pm
All I know of Cam is what I’ve seen on the field and the sidelines. Hurt or healthy he always looked positive and encouraging. Made the comment to several folks before this thread ever started that he looked like a great teammate. Hope he heals and stays a Mountaineer.
Agree about his character. I don't think his desire to be the main guy and not share carries makes him a bad guy so I'm not sure why people are drawing that conclusion because of it.

Alabama WR Jameson Williams left Ohio State because their WR room was crowded and he wanted to start. Some players do that and never play but some are right about their talent and make the right choice. Williams made the right choice.

One thing about our RB room is that I believe our top 5 RBs all could be 1,000 yard rushers in the Sun Belt if we gave them the ball 20 times a game. We definitely are stacked in terms of talent at RB.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:42 pm

Whenever someone says “maybe I have talked to someone” I think “maybe you haven’t” and then I think “you probably haven’t”. Everyone thinks they’re a sports insider now…if you are confident enough in your information then come out and say it. If not keep whatever back channel rumors you have heard to yourself. I’d rather stake my reputation on being right than “having sources”.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”