Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Clark Media/Press - 11/14

coachprouty
School: Appalachian State

Clark Media/Press - 11/14

Unread post by coachprouty » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:19 pm

<a href="

Transcribed on Twitter by TK Maxwell.

Thoughts?
App. Alum '10 '22
Section 207

T-Dog

Re: Clark Media/Press - 11/14

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:24 pm

Just finished. Man that was a long one (14 minutes, compared to usual ones about half that).

Gotta give credit to Ware, WLOS and DJ for asking tough questions.

app73

Unread post by app73 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:30 pm

According to the coach we had too many third and long situations. We averaged third and over 8 yards for the game. Maybe we have third and long time after time because everyone watching or on the other team knows the first two plays will be a run up the middle.

AppSt91

Unread post by AppSt91 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:47 pm

Most of these press conferences are just a re-run of the previous week. Seems to be the mushroom method. Keep them in the dark and keep feeding them shit.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:04 pm

app73 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:30 pm
According to the coach we had too many third and long situations. We averaged third and over 8 yards for the game. Maybe we have third and long time after time because everyone watching or on the other team knows the first two plays will be a run up the middle.
Did you watch the game? We didn't do that on 1st and 2nd as much. We threw on 1st down more than we had in any other game... I haven't done the research but I would wager it was more than any other 2 (maybe 3) games combined.

Problem is when the QB gets the snap and already has to push up in to the pocket it doesn't bode well for any offense. Regardless who is QB or what the play call is.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:10 pm

We are getting beat up front .

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:22 pm

It seems when we don’t run up the middle, we’re tossing it 40 yards down field. Need more short routes and tosses to Noel and tight ends. Those seem to be successful but we don’t do them enough.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:39 pm

We need better blocking , tackling , decision making....

app73

Unread post by app73 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:23 pm

Yes I did watch the game, not in person, but I did watch it. If we are third and 8+ for the game and it is a pattern that we keep repeating we need to make some changes or get a little more creative in the play calling. I will be in Boone this weekend like I am for every home game but it is frustrating to see us starting out in a hole almost every series. I am not calling for any firings, I like CB and I think the team is a group of hard workers. I hope that we can win out and go to a bowl and finish 8-4. Just run the occasional sweep, throw a short pass sometimes and do something different so we are not always third and long.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:29 pm

app73 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:23 pm
Yes I did watch the game, not in person, but I did watch it. If we are third and 8+ for the game and it is a pattern that we keep repeating we need to make some changes or get a little more creative in the play calling. I will be in Boone this weekend like I am for every home game but it is frustrating to see us starting out in a hole almost every series. I am not calling for any firings, I like CB and I think the team is a group of hard workers. I hope that we can win out and go to a bowl and finish 8-4. Just run the occasional sweep, throw a short pass sometimes and do something different so we are not always third and long.
Don't disagree it's frustrating. But I was more commenting on your statement about running up the middle on first and second down. We didn't do that last game and still same results.

At this point, it's not the play call. It's the o line getting beat.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:39 pm

app73 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:23 pm
Unfortunately, we can't finish 8-4.

ncman071

Unread post by ncman071 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:40 pm

I just hope and pray we finish strong....we have the talent to pick up these last 2 and get bowl eligible plus win the bowl game...but i just dont see it..i think our players are playing their asses off but they are deflated...those guys are not used to losing and its a tough situation...after this season clark and co. gonna have to look in the mirror...truly think about what they want their identity to be...we'll have a mobile qb...so our offense should be what it was prior to chase...just a shame that chase's abilities were never really utilized...still love my mountaineers and am so proud of them but we need to get back on top

app73

Unread post by app73 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:53 pm

My bad. I’m hoping to win out, go to a bowl, win that and finish 8-5. Too much Famous Grouse to do math.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:25 pm

As mentioned earlier, we are simply getting beat up front. No amount of creative play calling will fix that issue. You can hide it for a while but bad O line play will always catch up to you. We will find a way to develop or replace the current group or have the same results next year. Won’t matter who the QB is or if he can run or not. I’m pulling for the current group but come the first of the year they are going to have to live in the weight room and cultivate a desire to punish the guy across the line from them. When’s the last time you saw an App O lineman take the guy in front of him and push him out of bounds and through the benches? I think it was at TN. That was a long time ago.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:12 am

I think some folks would be happy if a coach actually said what he really thought during a press conference:

We prepared all week and had a great plan. We called plays but our offense screwed up over and over. We didn't block worth a crap and our receivers dropped some balls and for crying out loud on a couple of plays some cut off routes and actually ran the wrong ones!

Our defensive scheme was solid but like most weeks we didn't tackle worth a crap! We have guys who don't wrap up the ball carrier and think it's touch football. We have injuries to key players and the next man up isn't nearly good enough to play but that's all we have.

This one is on the players not me.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:50 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:12 am
I think some folks would be happy if a coach actually said what he really thought during a press conference:

We prepared all week and had a great plan. We called plays but our offense screwed up over and over. We didn't block worth a crap and our receivers dropped some balls and for crying out loud on a couple of plays some cut off routes and actually ran the wrong ones!

Our defensive scheme was solid but like most weeks we didn't tackle worth a crap! We have guys who don't wrap up the ball carrier and think it's touch football. We have injuries to key players and the next man up isn't nearly good enough to play but that's all we have.

As true as this is its exactly how a coach gets fired

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:59 am

ncman071 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:40 pm
I just hope and pray we finish strong....we have the talent to pick up these last 2 and get bowl eligible plus win the bowl game...but i just dont see it..i think our players are playing their asses off but they are deflated...those guys are not used to losing and its a tough situation...after this season clark and co. gonna have to look in the mirror...truly think about what they want their identity to be...we'll have a mobile qb...so our offense should be what it was prior to chase...just a shame that chase's abilities were never really utilized...still love my mountaineers and am so proud of them but we need to get back on top
Exactly. We have a very good pocket passer....behind what has been an awful line and we do nothing to help grt the ball our quick with short routes and screens. Makes zero sense. Yet we have fans saying we should just get a QB who can run for his life better. Smh
The Appalachian State

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:01 am

kornegaylw wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:50 am
bigdaddyg wrote:

Right, because players not executing is directly related to a coaching staffs ability to prepare, and in college, recruit the guys that can fit. No one gets a pass.
The Appalachian State

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:56 am

appstatealum wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:01 am
kornegaylw wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:50 am
bigdaddyg wrote:

Right, because players not executing is directly related to a coaching staffs ability to prepare, and in college, recruit the guys that can fit. No one gets a pass.
Agree. This was a far-fetched take. No coach would ever speak like this. My point was that we have guys who don't like the same coach speak but even SC gets in a difficult position and has to spin it positively if possible.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:51 am

We have not been prepared to play in most games. Every game it seems teams score on their first possession. We seem to always be behind from the get-go. Reminds me of the Fla. A&M playoff game some years back when we knew exactly what they did going in to the game then we did not stop them from doing it all game. We have made some adjustments but by that time we seem to always be playing from behind. Lack of proper preparation and motivation seems to me to be a real problem. Seems like with the poor line play that we should be getting the ball out quicker, too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”