Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

It's Bur....Joey Time! - GW discussion

AppStateNews
School: Appalachian State

Re: It's Burger Time - GW discussion

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:55 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:52 pm
Can you read??? - I never said anything about Jimbo outcoaching Coach Clark
It's fine. It's only a problem when everybody else is hyperbolic...

He's allowed to be. He has the hyperbole pass! Which is great, because he sure gets a lot of use out of said pass.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:04 pm

Three of you are upset when I give constructive criticism and/or praise to Clark.

It’s emotional when anyone speaks ill of any coach it seems. It’s like an automatic tilt button.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:09 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:04 pm
Three of you are upset when I give constructive criticism and/or praise to Clark.

It’s emotional when anyone speaks ill of any coach it seems. It’s like an automatic tilt button.
Not upset at all. No emotions one bit.

Simply pointing out your hypocrisy. You call people out on the same things you do daily... But only you get upset when you're called out for it.

Everybody you say it to ust laughs because they know who it's coming from.
tAPPedInSports.net

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:18 pm

I’m laughing that you believe I’m upset. I enjoy talking about App State sports and you knuckleheads are some of the few that engage.

Unfortunately for you, you clearly possess a lot of the same characteristics, I know that burden too well. Hypocrisy is rampant from all sides in this thread.

Gwebb isn’t a world beater, you’ll see soon enough.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:22 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:18 pm
I’m laughing that you believe I’m upset. I enjoy talking about App State sports and you knuckleheads are some of the few that engage.

Unfortunately for you, you clearly possess a lot of the same characteristics, I know that burden too well. Hypocrisy is rampant from all sides in this thread.

Gwebb isn’t a world beater, you’ll see soon enough.
Please pont me in the direction where anybody said GW is a world beater... I'll wait...
tAPPedInSports.net

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:23 pm

OK - let's see a show of hands --- How many of us called GWebb a "world beater"?
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:44 pm

I thought this was the hyperbole thread now, keep up gents, tip your waitresses.

InFor6More

Unread post by InFor6More » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:47 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:11 pm
ASUFan4863 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:12 pm
GW will be no pushover. It will be a solid test for our DL and LB to see if they are improved and up to the challenge. Their RB will make us pay if we aren't.
If we haven't improved from last year, it'll be close.
This line of commentary is bringing back memories of the Charleston Southern game. I’ve never been so disappointed.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:00 am

I think Saint and Appstnews need a truce.
I like both of your posts.

People can have a difference of opinion and be right. I see circle posts.

BTW, appstnews, if we lost recruits because of posts on yosefs cabin , the recruit doesn't understand App State, and will hate the other school they chose because most other schools fans suck compared to App.... imho

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:56 am

This thread has provided me with my recommended daily allowance of hyperbole, virtue signaling, shaming and ad hominem attacks. How I have missed visiting the Cabin!

Key observations:
  • Everyone here is 100% entitled to their own opinion (the 1st Amendment is still the law of the land)
  • Some YC posters are extremely knowledgeable when it comes to football.
  • Sloan was brought back as DC for more than just his familiarity with the defensive scheme (hint: which position does he coach? Where did App's defense struggle on 3rd down last season?)
  • We have many new players in a new scheme who've never played a live snap together in front of 30k+ fans who expect them to crush GW. We simply cannot replicate that level of pressure on the practice field. Should we just assume everything will run smoothly and App will win by 50?
It's safe to say App's spring/summer practices went well and the S&C program is very much improved. It's also safe to say there are many variables and unknowns about this squad, some of which will resolve on Saturday.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:00 am

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:00 am
I think Saint and Appstnews need a truce.
I like both of your posts.

People can have a difference of opinion and be right. I see circle posts.

BTW, appstnews, if we lost recruits because of posts on yosefs cabin , the recruit doesn't understand App State, and will hate the other school they chose because most other schools fans suck compared to App.... imho
I agree, I've stated I appreciate his homework and perspective while backing up my position as well. Then I enjoyed the play on words which seems underappreciated :lol:

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:04 am

Bootsy wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:56 am
This thread has provided me with my recommended daily allowance of hyperbole, virtue signaling, shaming and ad hominem attacks. How I have missed visiting the Cabin!

Key observations:
  • Everyone here is 100% entitled to their own opinion (the 1st Amendment is still the law of the land)
  • Sloan was brought back as DC for more than just his familiarity with the defensive scheme (hint: which position does he coach? Where did App's defense struggle on 3rd down last season?)
  • We have many new players in a new scheme who've never played a live snap together in front of 30k+ fans who expect them to crush GW. We simply cannot replicate that level of pressure on the practice field. Should we just assume everything will run smoothly and App will win by 50?
It's safe to say App's spring/summer practices went well and the S&C program is very much improved. It's also safe to say there are many variables and unknowns about this squad, some of which will resolve on Saturday.
The only ones that have mentioned App winning by 50 are those that are putting words into people's mouth. Don't fall for that trap. The range of outcomes discussed here has been 14-20's. Now we know the crazies will come out in the prediction thread though!

I think the players will be relieved not to have go up against each other Saturday and will have a loose fun game after the first two series.

NeersBy90

Unread post by NeersBy90 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:20 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:04 am
Bootsy wrote:

Key observations:
The only ones that have mentioned App winning by 50 are those that are putting words into people's mouth. Don't fall for that trap. The range of outcomes discussed here has been 14-20's. Now we know the crazies will come out in the prediction thread though!

I think the players will be relieved not to have go up against each other Saturday and will have a loose fun game after the first two series.
I think the Neers Roll by 90...

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:29 am

If I researched correctly, Gardner Webb also will be starting a QB with limited experience themselves. That might limit their offensive scheme abilities.

Also noticed teams they faced last year that like to run the ball, found a decent amount of success on the ground. We all know that's bread and butter. Game will be decided in the trenches, for I don't see either couch putting the game on the arm of their inexperienced QBs.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:40 am

More importantly than any of these game related topics. Is anyone not cooking burgers for the opening tailgate of the Burger era?

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:49 am

mike87 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:40 am
More importantly than any of these game related topics. Is anyone not cooking burgers for the opening tailgate of the Burger era?
We certainly are!

GO APPS!!

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:09 am

mike87 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:40 am
Nope, we're roasting Dogs at ours!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:12 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:29 am
If I researched correctly, Gardner Webb also will be starting a QB with limited experience themselves. That might limit their offensive scheme abilities.

Also noticed teams they faced last year that like to run the ball, found a decent amount of success on the ground. We all know that's bread and butter. Game will be decided in the trenches, for I don't see either couch putting the game on the arm of their inexperienced QBs.
I would just say last year was last year. I would assume that the starter, whoever it may be can operate the playbook and scheme with consistency and productively or they wouldn’t be out there.

But you know…. excuses.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:15 am

NeersBy90 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:20 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:04 am
Bootsy wrote:

Key observations:

I think the Neers Roll by 90...
That has to be your prediction every game, I assume 😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:51 am

Good lord.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”