Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Wyoming Discussion

yosef69
School: Appalachian State

Re: Wyoming Discussion

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:34 am

Does anyone else remember “scared money don’t make money”

Sure buddy

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:43 am

Who is at fault that we had to waste three time outs on the drive that ended up in the blocked field goal? Plays seemed to take forever to get in all night, but especially then, only to be the same three we’ve run forever, anyway. In other words, they knew what we were going to run before we did. I knew it. I might not know “Z wide bunch whiskey flat zoom on one on one” by name, but I know play one, play two, or play three — because that’s all we run. And have run since 2020 — you know, that year we were the ONLY team in America to have to deal with Covid.

The continued excuses and the “you don’t understand football” narrative is maddening.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:52 am

It’s wild that we’re in the exact same spot as last season in the exact same week after losing a game that seemed impossible to lose, again.

And there’s still folks clamoring to hold on to mediocrity. God I hope we don’t get Texas State’d against ULM, but if we do I can just pull up last year’s game thread to get a fix on what the excuses will be.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:51 am

yosef69 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:23 am
Can’t kick 4 FG in the first half and win.

Can’t lose a game you dominate. Can’t sugarcoat this one, horrible loss.
You can if you don't fumble on your own 20 yard line and give the opposition a short field, or have a field goal blocked and returned for a TD, or give up a 75 yard run, or throw a hurried pass in the closing seconds. I agree it was a horrible loss and we can debate the strategy of going for points on 4th down or running out the clock in the 4th but this loss is as much on lack execution by the folks on the field as it was on the coaches. I too scratched my head on some play calls especially in the RZ but our lack of execution on the field cost us the game.

We can what if all day but three errors on the field cost us the game. As for future of the HC, that may depend on what happens going forward. It's clear that there is a segment of the fan base that is ready to move on. Another 6-6 type season will certainly put DG under a lot of pressure.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:35 am

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:52 am
It’s wild that we’re in the exact same spot as last season in the exact same week after losing a game that seemed impossible to lose, again.

And there’s still folks clamoring to hold on to mediocrity. God I hope we don’t get Texas State’d against ULM, but if we do I can just pull up last year’s game thread to get a fix on what the excuses will be.
This was almost an exact thought I had last night. My opinion of Clark will depend on how conference shakes out. If App loses to ULM next week, heads need to roll.
However, next 3 games are ULM, Coastal, and ODU. None of them have looked very good this year. Southern Miss, and both GA teams look ok, but very beatable. That leaves App at 8-4 on the season; 9-4 with a bowl win. I’ll take that. I’ll take 8-5 with a bowl win and a win over Southern.
But again, if conference play goes like it did last year? Some fellas need to start prepping their resumes.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:42 am

Well, after a nights’ sleep ( not a good one) it seems obvious that we lost the game in the first half. Not scoring touchdowns and having to settle for field goals ! The thing that I really don’t understand is that we were first and goal at least twice (maybe three times) and we have not thrown the ball in the end zone yet. You you don’t win many games when all you are doing is kicking field goals. It all didn’t help that we WASTED our second half time outs because we could not get the plays in in time. Would have been better to have to’s on the last drive. Who was responsible for those crucial decisions ? Team deserved a better outcome.

asumba95

Unread post by asumba95 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:49 am

ASUTodd wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:39 pm
AppGrad20 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:36 pm
*If* Joey doesn’t throw there, we are looking at a sack. The likelihood of getting back to the line, spiking it, and having time for a left is slim to none. Can pick on Joey all you want, but it comes down to conservative play calling throughout the game.

Joey did not look like a smart QB tonight. Maybe an off night....maybe showing why isn't playing elsewhere. When you have a coach like Clark, it's hard to tell if it's the QB or the coach. I feel bad for the Defense.
Hi is arm strength is on par with trey elder.

boonegoons89

Unread post by boonegoons89 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:52 am

We had a 96.2% win probability with 2:12 to go in the 4th.

Out of all the losses in the Clark era, this one takes the cake.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:52 am

Yosef10 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:59 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:30 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:14 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:08 pm
Same coach beat Texas A and M
Same coach has UNC down to the wire 2 straight seasons and a dropped 2 point pass wide ass open ballsy play call produces a win.
Same coach in 2021 on side kick vs CCU and energizes the crowd to win the game.
Same coach rolled over EZU last week

Clark will have another job making more money with less stress 30 minutes after you clowns decide to cut him loose.
I don't know what meds they have you on....but let me know so I can get some.
Common Sense meds... 3 point underdog 2500 miles away for a road game that took 12 hours to get from Boone to Wyoming door to door and the ball team played their tails off. Spoiled App fans are worse than trailer park Tar Hole fans and wannabe Dookie fans.
All of that is irrelevant once you get into the game. Had multiple chances to step on their throat and put the game away, but coached conservative and scared. 417 yards to 208. 27 first downs to 7. 40 minutes TOP to 19. Do you actually realize what you’re defending here? This is an inexcusable loss.
1) How is it inexcusable? Did you not watch the game and the actual flow? it was sold school grind it out ball game, ball control, running the clock contest. Clark's defense was playing lights out so he coached fairly conservative when he should have to avoid giving them the momentum. it worked until a fluke block FG happened.

2) How is it irrelevant? And I am defending the fact that App was the road team traveling a long way and Clark had his team well prepared and they executed the game plan perfectly except for 3/4 plays.

What is disgusting about 98% of you that type on this idiotic web site is after GW - UNC and EZU Joey was the savior and best passer App football has seen, last night you that Cheese Burger kid to come back. This fan base is gross!!

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:54 am

Excuses are gross.

Call it a fluke or whatever you need to call it to feel better, but this loss is indefensible.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:55 am

AppinVA wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:43 am
Who is at fault that we had to waste three time outs on the drive that ended up in the blocked field goal? Plays seemed to take forever to get in all night, but especially then, only to be the same three we’ve run forever, anyway. In other words, they knew what we were going to run before we did. I knew it. I might not know “Z wide bunch whiskey flat zoom on one on one” by name, but I know play one, play two, or play three — because that’s all we run. And have run since 2020 — you know, that year we were the ONLY team in America to have to deal with Covid.

The continued excuses and the “you don’t understand football” narrative is maddening.
That offense had over 400 total yards last night.... now what.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:56 am

I swear some of you are fine with losing all our games if a fellow mountaineer is in charge.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:59 am

yosef69 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:56 am
I swear some of you are fine with losing all our games if a fellow mountaineer is in charge.
You are 2-2, not 0-4. loss to top 15 UNC in double OT and a Mountain West team that beat Texas Tech and was tied with Texas in the 3rd quarter

Get some perspective people.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:59 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:55 am
AppinVA wrote:

And I was married for 20 years and still got a divorce. That doesn't mean I had a successful marriage. Zero touchdowns. Zero...not one....zero.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:01 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:59 am
yosef69 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:56 am
You are 2-2, not 0-4. loss to top 15 UNC in double OT and a Mountain West team that beat Texas Tech and was tied with Texas in the 3rd quarter

Get some perspective people.
You’d be right if we didn’t lose due to the same glaring issues that have caused us to lose for 4 years now.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:01 am

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:59 am
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:55 am
AppinVA wrote:

And I was married for 20 years and still got a divorce. That doesn't mean I had a successful marriage. Zero touchdowns. Zero...not one....zero.
If you follow my comments for weeks Ive been consistent in saying 2nd OT play calling at UNC was poor, Red Zone offense last night was poor. But that is football. The Cowboys had to kick a lot of FG's last week vs the Jets -- when playing a good defense it sometimes happens.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:03 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:52 am
Yosef10 wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:08 pm
Same coach beat Texas A and M
Same coach has UNC down to the wire 2 straight seasons and a dropped 2 point pass wide ass open ballsy play call produces a win.
Same coach in 2021 on side kick vs CCU and energizes the crowd to win the game.
Same coach rolled over EZU last week

Clark will have another job making more money with less stress 30 minutes after you clowns decide to cut him loose.
Common Sense meds... 3 point underdog 2500 miles away for a road game that took 12 hours to get from Boone to Wyoming door to door and the ball team played their tails off. Spoiled App fans are worse than trailer park Tar Hole fans and wannabe Dookie fans.
All of that is irrelevant once you get into the game. Had multiple chances to step on their throat and put the game away, but coached conservative and scared. 417 yards to 208. 27 first downs to 7. 40 minutes TOP to 19. Do you actually realize what you’re defending here? This is an inexcusable loss.
1) How is it inexcusable? Did you not watch the game and the actual flow? it was sold school grind it out ball game, ball control, running the clock contest. Clark's defense was playing lights out so he coached fairly conservative when he should have to avoid giving them the momentum. it worked until a fluke block FG happened.

2) How is it irrelevant? And I am defending the fact that App was the road team traveling a long way and Clark had his team well prepared and they executed the game plan perfectly except for 3/4 plays.

What is disgusting about 98% of you that type on this idiotic web site is after GW - UNC and EZU Joey was the savior and best passer App football has seen, last night you that Cheese Burger kid to come back. This fan base is gross!!
“It worked til a fluke blocked FG happened”. Yeah bud, that’s the point. When you coach like Clark does you open yourself up to fluke losses because he obviously coached not to lose instead of to go win. You guys who watch the games and can’t see that, it’s laughable at this point. And you’re not worth arguing with lol.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:03 am

Satterfield lost at UMASS.

Drink is the only one hit wonder perfect coach App has seen -- he left town cause he knew 13-1 wasn't happening each year.

Perspective

yikas1

Unread post by yikas1 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:04 am

We have played well enough to be undefeated, less the big plays, Up a TD in overtime against Carolina and they pop off a huge run. Up big last night and they pop off a 75 yard run. Then the blocked kick. A pick six and a fumble return for a TD nearly cost us against ECU. To me it's not that we aren't better than last year. But if we manage a game to win, we cannot afford a lapse in concentration. That to me is coaching.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:06 am

Yosef10 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:03 am
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:52 am
Yosef10 wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:

“It worked til a fluke blocked FG happened”. Yeah bud, that’s the point. When you coach like Clark does you open yourself up to fluke losses because he obviously coached not to lose instead of to go win. You guys who watch the games and can’t see that, it’s laughable at this point. And you’re not worth arguing with lol.
As soon as he gets aggressive and they throw a pic you would be crushing him for that... the Dude plays to win in more games than he doesn't. Overreaction Sunday fan base. 2-2 with a back up QB

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”