Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Where are we at as Appalachian football?

Bootsy
School: Appalachian State

Re: Where are we at as Appalachian football?

Unread post by Bootsy » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:36 pm

proasu89 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:13 am
I could be off base here, but it seems like we’re living in the portal for the back half of our defense. Not sure if we’re missing on the kids we recruit or they are just getting beat out by the transfers.
Going forward, we should get comfortable with App "living in the portal" to one degree or another; it's the "new normal." And while every player from the TP hasn't worked out, we've been more fortunate than not.

Not trying to open a can of worms here, but coaching turnover has hurt our HS recruiting. If we can maintain much of our coaching staff for a few seasons, I believe we'll begin to consistently land better recruits from the HS ranks.

proasu89
School: Appalachian State

Re: Where are we at as Appalachian football?

Unread post by proasu89 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:32 am

Bootsy wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:36 pm
proasu89 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:13 am
I could be off base here, but it seems like we’re living in the portal for the back half of our defense. Not sure if we’re missing on the kids we recruit or they are just getting beat out by the transfers.
Going forward, we should get comfortable with App "living in the portal" to one degree or another; it's the "new normal." And while every player from the TP hasn't worked out, we've been more fortunate than not.

Not trying to open a can of worms here, but coaching turnover has hurt our HS recruiting. If we can maintain much of our coaching staff for a few seasons, I believe we'll begin to consistently land better recruits from the HS ranks.
✅

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”