Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

#TeamClark

AppOrange
School: Appalachian State

Re: #TeamClark

Unread post by AppOrange » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:11 pm

ECU is 1-7, didn't check the rest, unless you are not counting FCS wins

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:51 pm

AppOrange wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:11 pm
ECU is 1-7, didn't check the rest, unless you are not counting FCS wins
:lol: :lol: :lol:

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:30 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:43 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:11 am
MrCraig wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:15 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:20 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:24 pm
No, no I'm not Todd or hopefully you are just from Todd.

If before the season 48 points and a homecoming win was on the table everyone would say sounds good, but the majority is miserable and don't appreaciate the win as Dabo says.

As long as I continue to get 'Thanks' people agree and I will continue.
I think the reason some are miserable is that we looked bad for three quarters and gave up 38 to the worst team in league. If we had done what we did in the last 3 games against our last 3 opponents people wouldn’t be as upset but we just played the weakest part of our SBC schedule. We are entering the toughest stretch of the season and people fear back to back years of not even getting a bowl invite.

I think we can win 3 of the final 4 but we also have to play a lot better. The next 4 teams we play are all better than the last 3 we played and we are 1-2 in the last 3 games. Hopefully we improve a lot because we will have to in order to do well in November.
For me, it's like a disappointment hangover. Sure, I'm glad we beat Southern Miss, and I think the team looked pretty darn good in the second half. However, looking at App's first 8 games at the 2/3 point of the season, App has really only played 2 good teams- UNC and Wyoming. The fact that App isn't riding a 4 game win streak, which they would be if they had any sort of defense to speak of, is hugely disappointing to me. So, while the USM outcome was good, I just can't shake the bad taste of a near-miracle field goal win against a very bad ULM and losses to ODU and Coastal.
Exactly. Shawn really needed to beat ODU and CCU. The toughest part of schedule is coming up and we are only 4-4. I believe we have the personnel to go 3-1 or 4-0 this month but we will have to perform and coach a lot better on the field. I am hoping we do!
This is the problem,
'Shawn' / #TeamClark gets no credit for a win or a close loss to UNC 2x, (no good coaching credit)
but he gets the credit when they lose (all bad coaching criticism)

The players beat everyone else, but Shawn lost to the other teams. 🤯

and Hope is not a strategy.
Close only counts in horseshoes and grenades. Both players and coaches win or lose the game but some coaches do a better job of finding talent. If you think we have poor talent after 4 years wouldn't you want someone who can attract better talent?

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:18 am

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:02 am
mike87 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:01 am
GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:43 am
Bootsy wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:13 am
JMU is a new face on the FBS scene. And whether they admit or not, the Dukes don't have any brand recognition. But as long as they keep winning, they'll get more recognition.

It will be fun to see how many SBC teams get bowl bids this year. That's when people will tune in and hear about the conference, how many SBC teams have beaten P5 teams recently, the strength of the SBC East, etc. That's when the credit will come.

But it is a slow process.
Lol they certainly won’t admit it. That’s such an obnoxious and entitled fan base. I had a discussion with one of them the other day who was certain they won’t fall back to earth a bit if Cignetti left, and I cautiously reminded them of our situation. They were positive they have a better winning tradition than App haha.

Between that mindset, them always talking about how they’re guaranteed to have the biggest SBCEast stadium someday, and their b****ing&moaning over a postseason ban rule that their university agreed to I’m already so tired of them.
I don't disagree with the post, but I also recognize what I see in the mirror. :lol: This is absolutely us!
You are exactly right. I'm probably one of them but App fans have had the reputation of being exactly like JMU. We talked big and bad for years and have had this bring it on mentality (which isn't that bad). I've heard many a person say that App fans can be insufferable.
I said that yesterday :lol: :P

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:35 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:30 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

I think the reason some are miserable is that we looked bad for three quarters and gave up 38 to the worst team in league. If we had done what we did in the last 3 games against our last 3 opponents people wouldn’t be as upset but we just played the weakest part of our SBC schedule. We are entering the toughest stretch of the season and people fear back to back years of not even getting a bowl invite.

I think we can win 3 of the final 4 but we also have to play a lot better. The next 4 teams we play are all better than the last 3 we played and we are 1-2 in the last 3 games. Hopefully we improve a lot because we will have to in order to do well in November.
For me, it's like a disappointment hangover. Sure, I'm glad we beat Southern Miss, and I think the team looked pretty darn good in the second half. However, looking at App's first 8 games at the 2/3 point of the season, App has really only played 2 good teams- UNC and Wyoming. The fact that App isn't riding a 4 game win streak, which they would be if they had any sort of defense to speak of, is hugely disappointing to me. So, while the USM outcome was good, I just can't shake the bad taste of a near-miracle field goal win against a very bad ULM and losses to ODU and Coastal.
Exactly. Shawn really needed to beat ODU and CCU. The toughest part of schedule is coming up and we are only 4-4. I believe we have the personnel to go 3-1 or 4-0 this month but we will have to perform and coach a lot better on the field. I am hoping we do!
This is the problem,
'Shawn' / #TeamClark gets no credit for a win or a close loss to UNC 2x, (no good coaching credit)

Close only counts in horseshoes and grenades. Both players and coaches win or lose the game but some coaches do a better job of finding talent. If you think we have poor talent after 4 years wouldn't you want someone who can attract better talent?
You're the same person that said we had very good talent after the Coastal or ODU loss and that we had poor coaching...

We need Noel back healthy this year and if we sign some linemen and we are sitting on 9 win team in 2024.

#TeamClark

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:36 am

appst89 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:23 am
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

This is the problem,

So now you want participation trophies and moral victories? No, thank you.
Playing UNC to double OT and a last possession ain't a participation trophy and Mack Brown saying he ain't playing AppState anymore is a show of freaking RESPECT!

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:57 am

I somehow feel like if we lost every single game by 1 point, with exactly 0 wins and 12 losses, we'd still have people clamoring that we're 12 plays away from being undefeated and we should stay the course.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:02 am

CharlotteApp05 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:46 pm
I dug - The teams we have beaten combine for 1 FBS win (Army).
Woof that’s a sobering stat.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:48 am

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:57 am
I somehow feel like if we lost every single game by 1 point, with exactly 0 wins and 12 losses, we'd still have people clamoring that we're 12 plays away from being undefeated and we should stay the course.
Check legendary coaches records (in all sports) their first 3/4 years and get back to me, I have posted this several times.

What Clark did in year 1 and year 2 is enough to deserve a year 5.

He will be back -- and don't care if he loses the remaining games, just watch. He has the most powerful football mind in the region behind him.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:53 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:48 am
Check legendary coaches records (in all sports) their first 3/4 years and get back to me, I have posted this several times.

He will be back -- and don't care if he loses the remaining games, just watch. He has the most powerful football mind in the region behind him.
let me put it this way

I pray that you are right

because the projection for the future is .500 at best and the record over the last season and a half is puke.

btw, WHO might be the most powerful football mind in the region?
I thought i would be the first to call you out on such a BIG claim :D

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:53 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:35 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:

This is the problem,

You're the same person that said we had very good talent after the Coastal or ODU loss and that we had poor coaching...

We need Noel back healthy this year and if we sign some linemen and we are sitting on 9 win team in 2024.

#TeamClark
Your post sounded like you think players are to blame for not making plays and that we don't have enough talent. My point was that if you are going to argue that we don't have enough talent that I would think you would be ready to look for new coaches since they have had 4 years to find talent.

If he won 9 in 2024 he would obviously return in 2025 but behind closed doors they have been telling people we have a NY6 contender team in 2024 so if we were 9-3 or 9-4 I would feel really let down.

If we don't improve our rush defense and scoring defense then we will lose 2-3 more games and a coaching change will certainly happen at the end of the season.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:55 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:48 am

Those coaches tended to take over programs who were bottom dwellers at the time. They were not taking over a program who went 13-1 the prior year and ranked in the top 25 I would bet.

Who is this powerful football mind? If they are so powerful then that tells me we should be winning a lot more.

I really hope you are right about all this but I have not seen any results to tell me you are. I know the team has not given up because the coaches are good people but they are going to have to win some games this month or else Clark will be let go. You say he will return regardless but the issue is we have money boosters who are ready to write checks and want a change, Everts wants him gone, and Gillin knows we can't afford missing a bowl game for 3 straight years while we enter the toughest stretch of schedule this season with a 4-4 record.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:16 pm

I assume Gibbs is the mind. I'd say the dollars behind him are more important...

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:48 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:53 am
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

This is the problem,

#TeamClark
Your post sounded like you think players are to blame for not making plays and that we don't have enough talent. My point was that if you are going to argue that we don't have enough talent that I would think you would be ready to look for new coaches since they have had 4 years to find talent.

If he won 9 in 2024 he would obviously return in 2025 but behind closed doors they have been telling people we have a NY6 contender team in 2024 so if we were 9-3 or 9-4 I would feel really let down.

If we don't improve our rush defense and scoring defense then we will lose 2-3 more games and a coaching change will certainly happen at the end of the season.
Original post you wrote up top you used the wording "Shawn really needed to beat Coastal and ODU" --

That wording triggered my comments, translation - why the word Shawn and why not App State football - he gets zero credit for winning, but all the blame in a loss.

The most powerful man in the region/aka state of North Carolina is 'Mack Brown' whom App State/Yosef Club loves to use "at times" to help raise money, has many ties to the High Country and NC Politicians - therefore state money coming into Boone.

My boy #TeamClark might be a big ole country boy from West VA, but he ain't no dummy. And he knows the fakes that shake his hand one day and talking trash on here and everywhere else the next day.

**Go back and see how many of those 2019 kids were seniors,
**go back and see how many Drinks recruits didn't show up and as I have said many times he lost a whole recruit class by basically keeping those 5th year guys in 2021/2022
**Clark didn't get to coach his 1st team in the Spring of 2020 due to COVID
All of this compounds to what we see, now - but the light is coming soon and I am going be here for it.
Therefore reason we are seeing so many young guys on the field in 2023.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:36 pm

Is there really not a mental health facility in Lincoln County?

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:01 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:48 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:

This is the problem,

#TeamClark

Original post you wrote up top you used the wording "Shawn really needed to beat Coastal and ODU" --

That wording triggered my comments, translation - why the word Shawn and why not App State football - he gets zero credit for winning, but all the blame in a loss.

The most powerful man in the region/aka state of North Carolina is 'Mack Brown' whom App State/Yosef Club loves to use "at times" to help raise money, has many ties to the High Country and NC Politicians - therefore state money coming into Boone.

My boy #TeamClark might be a big ole country boy from West VA, but he ain't no dummy. And he knows the fakes that shake his hand one day and talking trash on here and everywhere else the next day.

**go back and see how many Drinks recruits didn't show up and as I have said many times he lost a whole recruit class by basically keeping those 5th year guys in 2021/2022
All of this compounds to what we see, now - but the light is coming soon and I am going be here for it.
Post extension, other than A&M, has Clark won a game in which we were not the favorite?

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:23 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:

This is the problem,

#TeamClark

I say Shawn needed to win those because his job is on the line. Those are suppose to be the easier games and he needs some cushion to where he can take a couple losses in November due to how much tougher the schedule will be. If we play against anyone in November like we did against CCU and ODU then we are going to lose those games for sure.

Mack Brown is not recruiting for us and helping us sign good players. I would like to see the physical evidence of what he has done to help us. All I have seen is he coached us for a year and left and now won't let UNC schedule us again.

The fakes thing happens with all coaches. I know of a couple big money boosters who want him gone because they don't think he can turn this around but everyone I know would like for it to work out with him even though many have doubts.

Many other coaches had to deal with those issues you mention. We all agree the admissions need to be adjust for the portal but if the school is not going to completely adjust then we have to focus on HS recruiting and use all 25 spots on HS and only use the portal for a small number of players. I'm tired of hearing about the admission problems so either the school fix it or we adjust and focus more on HS players

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:26 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:01 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

#TeamClark

Post extension, other than A&M, has Clark won a game in which we were not the favorite?
I don't think so. We aren't at the bottom of the basement like some have said but we are not far from it. I don't want to hear if we did this then we would be 6-0 crap anymore. We did not do it and we are 4-4. The good news is we have 4 games to turn this around and get to 7 wins but the bad news is we have a brutal month ahead.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:29 pm

Are we all just going to ignore Denver saying, "behind closed doors they have been telling people we have a NY6 contender team in 2024..."
For real? I mean, I expect App to be better next year because they have a really good recruiting class, the defense will be older, and they will probably get some dudes from the portal. But we're supposed to believe that App is going to go from MAYBE a .500 win percentage this year to a 10-11 win team next year? Sure, it could happen, but I'd be shocked.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:32 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:29 pm
Are we all just going to ignore Denver saying, "behind closed doors they have been telling people we have a NY6 contender team in 2024..."
For real? I mean, I expect App to be better next year because they have a really good recruiting class, the defense will be older, and they will probably get some dudes from the portal. But we're supposed to believe that App is going to go from MAYBE a .500 win percentage this year to a 10-11 win team next year? Sure, it could happen, but I'd be shocked.
I'll quote the great Charlie Rich... "Oh, no one knows what goes on behind closed doors…" Denver is like Jcline and a few others. I read their comments just to get a chuckle during the day.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”