Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

#TeamClark

Pikapp79
School: Appalachian State

Re: #TeamClarks

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:59 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:51 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:57 pm
Pikapp79 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:51 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:49 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:39 pm

All damn year I’ve read your negative crap. Why don’t you do everyone, starting with yourself a favor and sign off for a while. seriously just take a break. This drum you continue to beat, after a bowl game win over a 10 win conference champion is quickly becoming irrational. It’s idiotic and it’s repetitive. You are clearly unhappy with App State football as it currently stands. The coach is not leaving. The team will keep fighting and hopefully winning. But the endless complaining is played.
Dude..... You need to check your blood pressure? You ok? Maybe I'm not the one that needs to check off for awhile. I'm happy and enjoying the Christmas season. Go do the same.
Yep
What a surprise the usual suspects rally. It’s so funny to me on this board how one can post the same negative crap endlessly but but if it aligns with your opinion it’s well reasoned gospel and if anyone take issue with it they are the ones who need to relax. Ok.
The only thing that will make those 3-4 posters happy is Shawn Clark not being coach. If App wins a national championship, they’ll still be moaning and groaning about some bad 3rd down play call.

And you’re right, because as soon as anyone calls them out on their constant negativity they get all defensive for each other. “Hurr, I’m allowed to express an opinion ain’t I?” “Oh so you’re ok with 5 losses every year!?”

Those dudes don’t understand football or coaching. It’s clear because their criticism never has any nuance. They just repeat “this isn’t good enough.”
You are dead wrong. If Clark proves with performance he can win championships will jump on the bandwagon. So far his performance has been subpar. No excuses, you are what your record says you are. On the flip side as soon as someone mentions his record the sunshine pumpers offer excuses. Just win..

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Re: #TeamClark

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:43 pm

"sub-par" is you as a "sub-par" knowledged "fan"
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:58 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:43 pm
"sub-par" is you as a "sub-par" knowledged "fan"
So do you think his record and performance are ok or excellent? Since you are obviously and excellent “fan” interested in your opinion.

NewApp

Re: #TeamClarks

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:03 pm

Pikapp79 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:59 pm
MrCraig wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:51 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:57 pm
Pikapp79 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:51 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:49 pm

Dude..... You need to check your blood pressure? You ok? Maybe I'm not the one that needs to check off for awhile. I'm happy and enjoying the Christmas season. Go do the same.
Yep
What a surprise the usual suspects rally. It’s so funny to me on this board how one can post the same negative crap endlessly but but if it aligns with your opinion it’s well reasoned gospel and if anyone take issue with it they are the ones who need to relax. Ok.
The only thing that will make those 3-4 posters happy is Shawn Clark not being coach. If App wins a national championship, they’ll still be moaning and groaning about some bad 3rd down play call.

And you’re right, because as soon as anyone calls them out on their constant negativity they get all defensive for each other. “Hurr, I’m allowed to express an opinion ain’t I?” “Oh so you’re ok with 5 losses every year!?”

Those dudes don’t understand football or coaching. It’s clear because their criticism never has any nuance. They just repeat “this isn’t good enough.”
You are dead wrong. If Clark proves with performance he can win championships will jump on the bandwagon. So far his performance has been subpar. No excuses, you are what your record says you are. On the flip side as soon as someone mentions his record the sunshine pumpers offer excuses. Just win..
So the whole conference's member universities should fire their coaches if they don't win a championship?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:06 pm

I can just picture a couple of these "App fans" sitting together atop KBS just grumbling and bitching about every play that doesn't go our way. They are those guys who scream at the team from hundreds of feet away and never realize that nobody on the sideline hears them nor cares what they say. They are those guys who call plays that always work and can't understand why nobody reaches out to them for their expertise. They are those guys who can't accept anything less than a conference championship and refer to rosters as Lamborghinis. They are those guys who want coaches fired as soon as their unrealistic expectations are not met.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:07 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:12 pm
You can put lipstick on a pig all you want. Those that love Clark, fine....those that don't like Clark, great. Clark isnt the worst coach on earth but he is nowhere near what Satt and Drink were. Will he get there? Who knows. I'll never settle for mediocre or almost the best. Right now I think Clark is the Marv Levy of App State. I saw a post I made on Facebook (memories) when Clark was named coach. I was excited and so happy. Now... I'm just, eh....
As I alluded to PikeApp, every coach in the conference who didn't win a championship or go better than our record are mediocre? Damn, then we have a mediocre conference.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:08 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:06 pm
I can just picture a couple of these "App fans" sitting together atop KBS just grumbling and bitching about every play that doesn't go our way. They are those guys who scream at the team from hundreds of feet away and never realize that nobody on the sideline hears them nor cares what they say. They are those guys who call plays that always work and can't understand why nobody reaches out to them for their expertise. They are those guys who can't accept anything less than a conference championship and refer to rosters as Lamborghinis. They are those guys who want coaches fired as soon as their unrealistic expectations are not met.
Is a conference championship unrealistic? Check the years prior to Clark. What is your expectation? Let’s hear it.

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:10 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:07 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:12 pm
You can put lipstick on a pig all you want. Those that love Clark, fine....those that don't like Clark, great. Clark isnt the worst coach on earth but he is nowhere near what Satt and Drink were. Will he get there? Who knows. I'll never settle for mediocre or almost the best. Right now I think Clark is the Marv Levy of App State. I saw a post I made on Facebook (memories) when Clark was named coach. I was excited and so happy. Now... I'm just, eh....
As I alluded to PikeApp, every coach in the conference who didn't win a championship or go better than our record are mediocre? Damn, then we have a mediocre conference.
What is your expectation of Clark and the program?

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:20 pm

Pikapp79 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:08 pm
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Is a conference championship unrealistic? Check the years prior to Clark. What is your expectation? Let’s hear it.
I’ll play. A championship is certainly realistic. Every. Single. Season? Not really. My expectations are to win 75%+ of our games most seasons and play in the CCG more times than we don’t. We should win half of the CCGs we play. There’s work to be done. I don’t expect to run any coach out of town on a whim. When there’s been ample time, under normal circumstances, to evaluate a coach then I’m all for making a tough decision. Considering the recent conditions, I’m willing to take some time to evaluate.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:21 pm

My expectations every single season:

1: go undefeated and win the National Championship
2: play in the NY6 game
3: win the Sunbelt
4: play in and win a bowl game

Number 1 is nearly impossible and as a reasonable and non-delusional fan I don't expect that. If we accomplish number 2 the 3rd is a given.

Those are the goals and expectations I'd set but by the same token not accomplishing the first 3 does not equate to coaching changes. There are other aspects to sports (football) that go beyond those first 3 expectations.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:30 pm

Satterfield was an above average coach in a terrible conference. Clark is just as good as Satterfield, he’s just coaching against better teams. Drink is a better X’s and O’s guy, but he’s also a snake oil salesman. Only two coaches in Sun Belt that are considered better than Clark and they just left the conference.

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:35 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:30 pm
Satterfield was an above average coach in a terrible conference. Clark is just as good as Satterfield, he’s just coaching against better teams. Drink is a better X’s and O’s guy, but he’s also a snake oil salesman. Only two coaches in Sun Belt that are considered better than Clark and they just left the conference.
Good post.

VNova

Unread post by VNova » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:36 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:21 pm

Number 1 is nearly impossible and as a reasonable and non-delusional fan I don't expect that. If we accomplish number 2 the 3rd is a given.

Those are the goals and expectations I'd set but by the same token not accomplishing the first 3 does not equate to coaching changes. There are other aspects to sports (football) that go beyond those first 3 expectations.
Speaking of accomplishments, let’s run through the list that his contract provides bonuses for:

Academic Progress Rate at or above 950: TBD

GPA of team at or above 2.7 at the end of the semester (higher bonus if above 3.0): TBD

Play a P5 at their stadium: Yes

Bowl Game Appearance (separate bonuses for ny6/non-ny6): Yes

Bowl Game Win: Yes

CFP Appearance/Win/Natty: No x3

Division Champ: Yes

Conference Champ: No

Conference/National CotY: TBD

8 wins or more (9 wins is a higher bonus): Yes

According to the athletics department contract, Clark has earned $135k in bonuses, not including a potential $45k for the team’s academic performance. Sounds like they consider his year pretty successful based on what they incentivize.

Next year he can add $60k for winning the conference championship. 9 more months until the season starts, let’s go!
Last edited by VNova on Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:37 pm

VNova wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:36 pm
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:

Speaking of accomplishments, let’s run through the list that his contract provides bonuses for:

Academic Progress Rate at or above 950: TBD

GPA of team at or above 2.7 at the end of the semester (higher bonus if above 3.0): TBD

Play a P5 at their stadium: Yes

Bowl Game Appearance (separate bonuses for ny6/non-ny6): Yes

Bowl Game Win: Yes

CFP Appearance/Win/Natty: No x3

Division Champ: Yes

Conference Champ: No

Conference/National CotY: TBD

8 wins or more (9 wins is a higher bonus): Yes

According to the athletics department, Clark earned $135k in bonuses, not including $45k for the team’s academic performance. Sounds like they consider his year pretty successful.

Next year he can add $60k for winning the conference championship.
Excellent additions thanks

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:43 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:20 pm
Pikapp79 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:08 pm
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
I’ll play. A championship is certainly realistic. Every. Single. Season? Not really. My expectations are to win 75%+ of our games most seasons and play in the CCG more times than we don’t. We should win half of the CCGs we play. There’s work to be done. I don’t expect to run any coach out of town on a whim. When there’s been ample time, under normal circumstances, to evaluate a coach then I’m all for making a tough decision. Considering the recent conditions, I’m willing to take some time to evaluate.
Appreciate your response and agree a championship every season is unrealistic. Do believe we should ring one up every 3-4 years which we accomplished with past leadership. Clark coached himself to another season with the finish. Wouldn’t have said this after the start but it’s why you play all the games. With that said, 5 losses isn’t cutting especially after last seasons debacle. Not sure what you mean by recent conditions. Most just chatter without stating their true expectation's and that’s all this banter is about, what are your annual expectations for the program. Again, thanks for the response. Go Apps, WIN Apps.

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:50 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:

So since #1-2 are unrealistic the final two are your realistic expectations? How we doing with the Clark regime?

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:09 pm

Pikapp79 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:50 pm
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:

So since #1-2 are unrealistic the final two are your realistic expectations? How we doing with the Clark regime?
It’s great that you are so negative about Clark and the program. I’m happy for you. Truly. Perhaps you were the some of the people trying to run him out of town this season?

The 6 highest conference champs make the playoff next season. The PAC 12 is over. That means two conference champs from either the AAC, CUSA, MAC, MWC, and Sun Belt will be in the playoff. A 3rd will be in a NY6 bowl. 3/5 conferences. Number 1 and 2 are not unrealistic. They are only unrealistic to people like you who trash our program every chance they get.

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:13 pm

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:09 pm
Pikapp79 wrote:
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:

It’s great that you are so negative about Clark and the program. I’m happy for you. Truly. Perhaps you were the some of the people trying to run him out of town this season?

The 6 highest conference champs make the playoff next season. The PAC 12 is over. That means two conference champs from either the AAC, CUSA, MAC, MWC, and Sun Belt will be in the playoff. A 3rd will be in a NY6 bowl. 3/5 conferences. Number 1 and 2 are not unrealistic. They are only unrealistic to people like you who trash our program every chance they get.
Oh my, now you are being silly. Never trashed the program. Expectations for the program is not trashing it. Carry on youngster.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:15 pm

Pikapp79 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:35 pm
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:30 pm
Good post.
I know. I was going to write more but wasn’t sure Yosef’s Cabin could handle it.

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:18 pm

Pikapp79 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:13 pm
ASUFan4863 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:09 pm
Pikapp79 wrote:
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:

Oh my, now you are being silly. Never trashed the program. Expectations for the program is not trashing it. Carry on youngster.
Just giving you facts. 3/5 group of 5 champs will be in either the playoff or NY6 bowl in 2024. Get behind Clark and the program.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”