Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Keep Joey 2024 - NIL

ASUTodd
School: Appalachian State

Re: Keep Joey 2024 - NIL

Unread post by ASUTodd » Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:26 pm

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:16 pm
This isn’t just for Joey. It’s about being serious to be compete in the college football playoff.

Everyone can come on here to complain about how CFB isn’t the same and this ruins the game or how they are never donating to a collective.

We will lose players to the portal. This doesn’t change that. This does enhance our ability to retain players and attract players. Either be a part of the solution or complain about the state of the world now.
So if the college couldn't get folks to give to YC....what makes them think people will give to the 3333collective? This all just seems counterproductive. Yes, people want to be part of the solution but to badmouth folks for bemoaning the situation....well that's how things get changed. Someone bemoaned that we couldn't donate to a collective and it got fixed, rather quickly I would say.

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:40 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:26 pm
ASUFan4863 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:16 pm
This isn’t just for Joey. It’s about being serious to be compete in the college football playoff.

Everyone can come on here to complain about how CFB isn’t the same and this ruins the game or how they are never donating to a collective.

We will lose players to the portal. This doesn’t change that. This does enhance our ability to retain players and attract players. Either be a part of the solution or complain about the state of the world now.
So if the college couldn't get folks to give to YC....what makes them think people will give to the 3333collective? This all just seems counterproductive. Yes, people want to be part of the solution but to badmouth folks for bemoaning the situation....well that's how things get changed. Someone bemoaned that we couldn't donate to a collective and it got fixed, rather quickly I would say.
This is the reality of the sport now. NIL is a factor in everything. Bemoaning about that doesn’t change anything. I give to the YC and will give to the collective. Many people view their YC donations as just the cost of season tickets.The YC is upping their limits to have tickets and maybe that is unattainable for a lot of people. Giving $20 to the collective isn’t unattainable.

Something I may consider is keeping my YC donation the same, not getting season tickets and donating that typical cost to the collective while attending fewer games in person. It is all a personal decision but it gives more options for people to consider the impact of their giving.

tim88791

Unread post by tim88791 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:57 pm

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:02 pm

Click that link and donate!!

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:51 pm

I’m sorry but I will not do this. I’ll continue to be a season ticket holder and donate to YC. But, I can’t get past the fact that this whole conversation treats a FREE 4 year education, access to trainers, nutritionists, housing, food and stipends like they are an entitlement. If it means we lose the best so be it. But if it happens to us it will happen to everyone else in the Sun Belt so field leveling is inevitable. This money is not raised by grassroots efforts. Deep pockets are pouring money in.

AppSt WxGuy

Unread post by AppSt WxGuy » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:02 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:51 pm
I’m sorry but I will not do this. I’ll continue to be a season ticket holder and donate to YC. But, I can’t get past the fact that this whole conversation treats a FREE 4 year education, access to trainers, nutritionists, housing, food and stipends like they are an entitlement. If it means we lose the best so be it. But if it happens to us it will happen to everyone else in the Sun Belt so field leveling is inevitable. This money is not raised by grassroots efforts. Deep pockets are pouring money in.
I disagree, in that if many App supporters gave a relatively small amount, the grassroots can make a difference. I signed up for the NIL contribution on a monthly basis.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:59 pm

AppSt WxGuy wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:02 pm
appbio91 wrote:
I disagree, in that if many App supporters gave a relatively small amount, the grassroots can make a difference. I signed up for the NIL contribution on a monthly basis.
Agree! I did the same!

GO APPS!!

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:32 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Sorry, but I am going to call you out - this is an outdated loser mentality. "if it means we lose the best so be it." People on this board with that same mentality will be griping when we do lose the best and when we lose games because of it.

Giving anything to the collective does make a difference at our school because we don't have many deep pockets. We have always done more with less and this collective doesn't change that, but it gives us a fighting chance to be competitive for championships so we can continue to develop, retain and attract the best players possible. This is a pivotal day for our programs. We are no longer taking a knife into a gunfight. We may always be up against a higher caliber gun until NIL is reformed for the better, but until then this is the way to provide our programs with a gun and ammo to shoot.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:49 pm

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:32 pm
appbio91 wrote:
Sorry, but I am going to call you out - this is an outdated loser mentality. "if it means we lose the best so be it." People on this board with that same mentality will be griping when we do lose the best and when we lose games because of it.

Giving anything to the collective does make a difference at our school because we don't have many deep pockets. We have always done more with less and this collective doesn't change that, but it gives us a fighting chance to be competitive for championships so we can continue to develop, retain and attract the best players possible. This is a pivotal day for our programs. We are no longer taking a knife into a gunfight. We may always be up against a higher caliber gun until NIL is reformed for the better, but until then this is the way to provide our programs with a gun and ammo to shoot.
What right do you have to call someone out for what they do with their money? Don’t project onto someone else. I will not give to the collective. I will give money for scholarships and I will be in Boone for games, whatever the case may be. You do you.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:51 pm

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:32 pm
appbio91 wrote:

Giving money to a college kid who I don’t know makes zero sense. My donations go to better causes.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:26 pm

I will not be contributing to paying players more than they already make which is around $30k or better. There are many people in this country who do not take that home after taxes.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:34 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:02 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:53 am
APPdiesel wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:58 am
If I donate and he leaves anyway do I get my money back?

You guys are idiots for donating to collectives. Ask South Carolina how much loyalty the $1m they paid Juice Wells bought.

If any player leaves they leave. I will absolutely not put a dime into any collective ever to pay a player.
Agree. In my opinion, a collective would be better served to help keep the COA stipends in the hands of student athletes rather than give them more. Fund a year round training table and create a pantry stocked with everyday necessities.
I am all for paying an athlete by the hour the same amount other working students are making because it is a Job....almost a full time job. I worked when I was at App to have spending money...there is no way I would have had time to work if I were an athlete and study. So...I am all for an hourly pay for these athletes.
I am fine with that. If we classify it like a job then how do we label the scholarship? Do we get rid of them and players pay from their salary for it or classify it as part of their pay and it is taxed?

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:52 pm

It’s quite hilarious that everyone against a collective have a 79, 91 and 93 in their name. Get with the times. Don’t be mad with the consequences. A lot of FCS playoff mentality going on around here.

I bet that’s when college football meant something huh.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:30 pm

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:52 pm
It’s quite hilarious that everyone against a collective have a 79, 91 and 93 in their name. Get with the times. Don’t be mad with the consequences. A lot of FCS playoff mentality going on around here.

Let us know when you start donating to the Carolina Panthers so they can pay their players better.

This is not about getting with the times. This is not old vs young. I've been an advocate for players to get paid for years. The student-athlete concept was a farce from the start. With that said, I will never give to an NIL fund. A school like APP will lose out more than win if they try buying the players. If you give a kid 500k to play for you, then he does great and transfers to the next team that can pay 1mil, then you just got F'ed. You're money is gone. Period. It's done. So then you throw another 500k at another athlete who does the same. This is going to be a lesson some of you will have to learn the hard way.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:09 pm

America is a great place. I can choose to donate to a scholarship fund and that 91 implies I have been doing it for a long time. If someone else wants to give to an NIL it’s their money and their choice.

BTW, I ain’t no loser and I love Appalachian State.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:43 pm

The price of players will no doubt continue to escalate just like coaches salaries. When will it stop? It’ll take more and more dollars in the football arms race as time passes. I won’t give to this when there are good charities and hard-working people everywhere that need help. There are worthy causes out there that supersede any sport.

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:07 am

appdaze wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:30 pm
ASUFan4863 wrote:

Let us know when you start donating to the Carolina Panthers so they can pay their players better.

This is not about getting with the times. This is not old vs young. I've been an advocate for players to get paid for years. The student-athlete concept was a farce from the start. With that said, I will never give to an NIL fund. A school like APP will lose out more than win if they try buying the players. If you give a kid 500k to play for you, then he does great and transfers to the next team that can pay 1mil, then you just got F'ed. You're money is gone. Period. It's done. So then you throw another 500k at another athlete who does the same. This is going to be a lesson some of you will have to learn the hard way.

I will gladly give $25/month if it means a better chance to win a national championship. That should be the goal of everyone here. Sucks to see that’s not the case! Always do more than expected…. Unless it means I have to actually do more. Have a good night and go App!

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:09 am

appbio91 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:09 pm
America is a great place. I can choose to donate to a scholarship fund and that 91 implies I have been doing it for a long time. If someone else wants to give to an NIL it’s their money and their choice.

BTW, I ain’t no loser and I love Appalachian State.
Agree with your post. Have a good night and go App!

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:10 am

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:07 am
appdaze wrote:
ASUFan4863 wrote:

I will gladly give $25/month if it means a better chance to win a national championship. That should be the goal of everyone here. Sucks to see that’s not the case! Always do more than expected…. Unless it means I have to actually do more. Have a good night and go App!
I'd rather give the extra I have to my church.

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:25 am

ASUTodd wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:10 am
ASUFan4863 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:07 am
appdaze wrote:
ASUFan4863 wrote:

I'd rather give the extra I have to my church.
Didn’t realize this was going to turn into a moral pissing match against tithing, livable wages and benefits for athletic trainers. But then again this is a message board.

Whether it’s YC or NIL. Everyone should give something.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”