Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

at Wake Forest

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: at Wake Forest

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:41 am

Captain Morgan wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:35 pm
here you go!

" Appalachian State and Wake Forest have agreed to postpone their nonconference game scheduled for Sept. 11 to a future year. Wake Forest's news release cited the reduced fan capacity for the game between programs separated by 86 miles.

Wake Forest is a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference, which has announced that league teams will play 10 conference games and one nonconference matchup played in the ACC member's home state.

Appalachian State is a member of the Sun Belt Conference, which has announced that league teams will play eight conference games and the option to add as many as four nonconference opponents."
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ame-future

We could have played the game legally but Wake ducked out, claiming the game was too important to play for the state of North Carolina with reduced seating. Part of the agreement included a trip to Boone, which State, Carolina and East Carolina have all scheduled since then.

But 4 years later, the Wake game still has not been scheduled, despite it's importance to the state of North Carolina. They are scared.
You may be right. Maybe they are scared, we beat them 7 times and tied them once.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:09 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:41 am
Captain Morgan wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:35 pm
here you go!

" Appalachian State and Wake Forest have agreed to postpone their nonconference game scheduled for Sept. 11 to a future year. Wake Forest's news release cited the reduced fan capacity for the game between programs separated by 86 miles.

Wake Forest is a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference, which has announced that league teams will play 10 conference games and one nonconference matchup played in the ACC member's home state.

Appalachian State is a member of the Sun Belt Conference, which has announced that league teams will play eight conference games and the option to add as many as four nonconference opponents."
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ame-future

We could have played the game legally but Wake ducked out, claiming the game was too important to play for the state of North Carolina with reduced seating. Part of the agreement included a trip to Boone, which State, Carolina and East Carolina have all scheduled since then.

But 4 years later, the Wake game still has not been scheduled, despite it's importance to the state of North Carolina. They are scared.
You may be right. Maybe they are scared, we beat them 7 times and tied them once.
I don't think they are scared of what happened in the 1990s. I think they might be avoiding us now from what we have done the last 5-6 years. Harvard has plenty of national championships, more than App has, but I would be happy to give them a go and night even place money on it, and I never bet on sports of this nature, but that would be about a sure thing.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:27 am

McL "I don't think they are scared of what happened in the 1990s. I think they might be avoiding us now from what we have done the last 5-6 years. Harvard has plenty of national championships, more than App has, but I would be happy to give them a go and night even place money on it, and I never bet on sports of this nature, but that would be about a sure thing"

Makes sense. Harvard fans/alumni would say we let every hill billy and Bubba in to play regardless of academics in. is why we shucked them.
Google SUX

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:12 am

Didn't they drop us and played Campbell that year?? Coming off a 13-1 season, Wake got and was scared. We can blame Covid for everything in 2020. Yeah right.!!
Last edited by AppState89 on Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:22 am

I honestly don't know. However, I can see sort of where these teams are coming from. When they beat us, they don't move up in the rankings much or if at all...in most cases, but move down or stay the same when they do lose.
Carolina used to say if they played us, they'd have to play all the other NC University system schools, but then they'd play the likes of Elon. Go figure
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:54 am

NewApp wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:22 am
I honestly don't know. However, I can see sort of where these teams are coming from. When they beat us, they don't move up in the rankings much or if at all...in most cases, but move down or stay the same when they do lose.
Carolina used to say if they played us, they'd have to play all the other NC University system schools, but then they'd play the likes of Elon. Go figure
UNC-CHeat should rotate around the NC schools in FBS and FCS. And so should we and UNCC and ECU and NCSU. We all should play each other on a regular basis. it fills the stands. It need not be every year but once a decade there should be some ECU, UNCC, and App on the UNC-CHeat and NCSU schedules and vice versa.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Captain Morgan

Unread post by Captain Morgan » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:01 pm

AppState89 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:12 am
Didn't they drop up and played Campbell that year?? Coming off a 13-1 season, Wake got and was scared. We can blame Covid for everything in 2020. Yeah right.!!
that's right! just remembered...they dropped us and scheduled Campbell, who had just restarted their football program. and I think the next year they won the ACC division championship. crazy they dropped us

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:56 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:54 am
NewApp wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:22 am
UNC-CHeat should rotate around the NC schools in FBS and FCS. And so should we and UNCC and ECU and NCSU. We all should play each other on a regular basis. it fills the stands. It need not be every year but once a decade there should be some ECU, UNCC, and App on the UNC-CHeat and NCSU schedules and vice versa.
ECU plays NCSU in 25 & 28....we Play NCSU 25 & 26....Hell South Carolina plays a large number of North Carolina schools. I'd say the UNC System schools, save for Chapel Hill, do a decent job of scheduling each other. Talk to the fans and they want these games.

UNC being the "Flagship"...Excuse me while I go throwup...Wants to play "peer institutions"...hence why they play ND as a non-conference opponent in 26, 30, 31 & 36 and TCU in 25 & 26. Whats really disgraceful about UNCs upcoming schedules is playing JMU & Richomnd multiple times in the next decade. Oh the UNC fans don't want to play us...I say let them go do their thing and once again sqander all that money and national perception.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:59 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:58 pm
Depending on the order as issued , they may have been subject. I don’t recall. But yes they don’t want us beating up on them .
Who is issuing orders around here? Certainly not unelected bureaucrats or a Head of State extending a State of Emergency beyond the length of time allowed by the law?

Ah, who am I kidding?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”