Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

NCAA Video Game

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

NCAA Video Game

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:22 am

EA Sports released a trailer with some info regarding the game. According to this article they said 118 of the D1 schools accepted to be in the game: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tylerroush ... 8168cf6643

Does anyone know if App State fully cooperated? I know many here are not into video games but being in something as cultural as this is for kids and young adults is huge for us. We missed it by one year when they stopped making the game and I would hope that we helped as much as possible to make sure our school is included with our stadium, logos, accurate roster, etc.

704App

Re: NCAA Video Game

Unread post by 704App » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:43 am

I saw it on some social media that the Equipment Manager said they sent in everything that was requested but he couldn't speak on what was sent in because he wasn't sure if he was allowed to. I am guessing that means we fully cooperated.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:18 pm

"All 10 FBS conferences have signed on. That includes the Power 5 conferences:

SEC
BIG 10
BIG 12
PAC-12 (if it still exists)
ACC
As well as the lesser known “Group of 5” conferences:

C-USA
MAC
Mountain West
Sun Belt
AAC"

https://collegefootball.gg/ea-sports-co ... g-we-know/

My guess is yes we are in.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:14 pm

Finally can play as App State in Kidd Brewer instead of a modded create a team that has to play its home games in Wake Forest.
YNWA

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:14 pm

704App wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:43 am
I saw it on some social media that the Equipment Manager said they sent in everything that was requested but he couldn't speak on what was sent in because he wasn't sure if he was allowed to. I am guessing that means we fully cooperated.
I figured we did but wanted to make sure we already did it. My guess is that a small group of P5s are the ones who did not want to be in it.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:15 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:18 pm
"All 10 FBS conferences have signed on. That includes the Power 5 conferences:

SEC
BIG 10
BIG 12
PAC-12 (if it still exists)
ACC
As well as the lesser known “Group of 5” conferences:

C-USA
MAC
Mountain West
Sun Belt
AAC"

https://collegefootball.gg/ea-sports-co ... g-we-know/

My guess is yes we are in.
I know the conferences did but according to an article I read there are some schools who declined.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:45 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:15 pm

I know the conferences did but according to an article I read there are some schools who declined.
There is some expenses that EA Sports might be pushing onto the schools with having some take their own video with 360° cameras and drone shots but this seems like a lot of great advertising that would be hard to put a price on for the exposure. And a way to allow some NIL money to flow to the students. Had App declined I would expect a very detailed explanation and even then I might call for heads to roll.

Hopefully it comes out for PC as I have no desire to purchase either a PlayStation or XBox. I likely would spring for a Switch for this game.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:08 pm

I’m picking Joey D for my QB

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:32 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:45 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:15 pm

There is some expenses that EA Sports might be pushing onto the schools with having some take their own video with 360° cameras and drone shots but this seems like a lot of great advertising that would be hard to put a price on for the exposure. And a way to allow some NIL money to flow to the students. Had App declined I would expect a very detailed explanation and even then I might call for heads to roll.

Hopefully it comes out for PC as I have no desire to purchase either a PlayStation or XBox. I likely would spring for a Switch for this game.
Agreed. Especially considering the fact we missed it before we should be chomping at the bit to be on it. If taking some of our own video to send in is all we have to do then I think any G5 school would be nuts not to do it. You can't put a price on this exposure for sure.

I don't know if the game will be on PC but they did say that it will be exclusively on PlayStation 5 and XBOX Series X/S and not the previous consoles like PS4, PS3, Xbox, etc.

brocktune90

Unread post by brocktune90 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:52 pm

You can play both x box and PlayStation games on the PC without their consoles.

However, the real OGs remember the Techmo Bowl game with App. I still remember the dude who programmed it. He's on this board sometimes. Thanks Rob. That one was loads of fun!

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:16 pm

App is in the game. The offical App Football social media accounts put out pics of Kaeden Robinson on the cover on Wednesday with all the other schools.

As exciting as it is to have this game coming out I am very skeptical of how "good" it will be when it comes to gameplay. EA has confirmed NCAA will be run on the current Madden engine which is HOT GARBAGE and full of bloaty gameplay. My fear is it will be a reskinned Madden but lack all the cool features the previous NCAA games had...or EA will nickle and dime the user into obilvion with add-on purchase to get exactly what you want. All that plus the "Ultimate Team" feature is most certainly going to be included which is fine but will ruin multiplayer with frakenstein esque teams.

Don't get me wrong I hope its fantastic. I hope its the most beautiful epic football game ever. I hope I stay up well past my bed time playing it....but its EA and I'm not holding my breath for this.

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:35 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:16 pm
App is in the game. The offical App Football social media accounts put out pics of Kaeden Robinson on the cover on Wednesday with all the other schools.

As exciting as it is to have this game coming out I am very skeptical of how "good" it will be when it comes to gameplay. EA has confirmed NCAA will be run on the current Madden engine which is HOT GARBAGE and full of bloaty gameplay. My fear is it will be a reskinned Madden but lack all the cool features the previous NCAA games had...or EA will nickle and dime the user into obilvion with add-on purchase to get exactly what you want. All that plus the "Ultimate Team" feature is most certainly going to be included which is fine but will ruin multiplayer with frakenstein esque teams.

Don't get me wrong I hope its fantastic. I hope its the most beautiful epic football game ever. I hope I stay up well past my bed time playing it....but its EA and I'm not holding my breath for this.
This has been my fear since it was announced. I’ll buy it day one because I’ve been craving for a NCAA game, but like you said, with it being EA, I won’t hold my breath.
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:02 pm

kornegaylw wrote:

Watch EA include only the SEC and BigTen teams with the base game release with everyone else being paid DLC. Remember when the PS2 version had most I-AA teams, including App?

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:11 pm

The way sports games, especially football is going, I wouldn't put anything past them. I could see them making each conference its own paid DLC. The players that demand NIL payment for being in the game would each cost $1 as their own DLC with star players being 2-3. You oay extra for a team soundtrack with their fight song. Then another 5 dollars foe the ingame announcers to say the school name correctly. After that you have to pay another 1$ per named player on your team to pay for the NIL deals the digital game players demand before they will play for you. After you've paid all that you will have to pay a crash fee that if you don't pay then your game crashes every time you score a TD.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:35 pm

There will definitely be some "We waited a decade just for this?" moments, and the gameplay will have its laughable moments similar to Madden, but as long as they put a lot of effort into the dynasty mode, and offer up a variety of playbooks, per the norm in college football, then I will overall be happy.

Side note...Was not as popular (Actually ended before the last CFB game), and there has been no mention of it being considered, but 2K College Hoops was a beast of a game as well. Wouldn't mind that being introduced as well at some point in the future.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:04 pm

Every team that's agreed to be in it will be from day one for no extra charge. EA knows they have a gold mine on their hands so they need to play nice to get ppl buy the game.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:06 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:35 pm
There will definitely be some "We waited a decade just for this?" moments, and the gameplay will have its laughable moments similar to Madden, but as long as they put a lot of effort into the dynasty mode, and offer up a variety of playbooks, per the norm in college football, then I will overall be happy.

Side note...Was not as popular (Actually ended before the last CFB game), and there has been no mention of it being considered, but 2K College Hoops was a beast of a game as well. Wouldn't mind that being introduced as well at some point in the future.
The playbook will be the same one as in Madden with same offensive variations.

EA owns the rights to the NFL, NBA and NCAA games...2k can't go near sports anymore.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:08 pm

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:02 pm
kornegaylw wrote:

Watch EA include only the SEC and BigTen teams with the base game release with everyone else being paid DLC. Remember when the PS2 version had most I-AA teams, including App?
Yeah that's not gonna happen. Concentration of the product dilutes the quality.

Yes I have NCAA 08 which has App in it.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:17 pm

appdaze wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:11 pm
The way sports games, especially football is going, I wouldn't put anything past them. I could see them making each conference its own paid DLC. The players that demand NIL payment for being in the game would each cost $1 as their own DLC with star players being 2-3. You oay extra for a team soundtrack with their fight song. Then another 5 dollars foe the ingame announcers to say the school name correctly. After that you have to pay another 1$ per named player on your team to pay for the NIL deals the digital game players demand before they will play for you. After you've paid all that you will have to pay a crash fee that if you don't pay then your game crashes every time you score a TD.
Your cynicism is palpable

Every current team and probably most current players will be in there. Historical players/teams, throwback unis, unique play books etc will likely cost money...

Paying for your schools announcers would be cool and worth the money..

Also there will likely be a "Historical Moments/Games" game mode where you assume the challenge of producing the same outcome as what actually happen...like beating Michigan on a last second FG block...now imagine you can pay to have DGs voiceover as you control Corey Lynch to block that kick

Damnit just sell me the game already

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:07 am

kornegaylw wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:06 pm
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:35 pm

The playbook will be the same one as in Madden with same offensive variations.

EA owns the rights to the NFL, NBA and NCAA games...2k can't go near sports anymore.
That's sooo lame. Here's to hoping they at least go all out and make dynasty mode as detailed as possible.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”