Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

1-AA 2.0

311neers
School: Appalachian State

Re: 1-AA 2.0

Unread post by 311neers » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:27 pm

It’s going to be interesting to see how NIL effects dollars that were once donated for stadium improvements. I don’t think App will have an issue with this but you could see it at the larger schools.
Do you want your money to go to building a better team, or improving your stadium? My guess is that the players will get the dollars before anything goes to the facilities. If this does effect App, I am glad we got our NEZ done prior to the mess that is NIL. Schools that haven’t started facility upgrades might be up against it moving forward, especially with where the debt markets are today.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:38 pm

311neers wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:27 pm
It’s going to be interesting to see how NIL effects dollars that were once donated for stadium improvements. I don’t think App will have an issue with this but you could see it at the larger schools.
Do you want your money to go to building a better team, or improving your stadium? My guess is that the players will get the dollars before anything goes to the facilities. If this does effect App, I am glad we got our NEZ done prior to the mess that is NIL. Schools that haven’t started facility upgrades might be up against it moving forward, especially with where the debt markets are today.
I really do not think that NIL is the mess that people would like to believe it is. Paying someone for NIL rights is what has always gone on at some programs, now it allows everyone to see what everyone else is doing. It also allows honest programs to get involved as well. NIL may be the leveling of the playing field that allows the system to be more fair for everyone. The biggest problem now and in the past is that not everyone is allowed the chance to win it all. When everyone has equal access to a national championship, regardless of conference, the system will be fair.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:33 pm

AppWyo, do we have any athletes who are getting substantial amounts at present via the NIL?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:15 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:33 pm
AppWyo, do we have any athletes who are getting substantial amounts at present via the NIL?
Substantial is subjective, actually I have no idea, but I would like to believe that Appalachian only goes after the players with the best character and talent, instead of the the best players regardless of their character.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:43 pm

There is a limited supply of funds for most schools, either the alums give to institutional improvements or NIL, most schools Alums can't do both. Special exceptions for those old school oil money of the Texas schools.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:56 am

t4pizza wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:43 pm
There is a limited supply of funds for most schools, either the alums give to institutional improvements or NIL, most schools Alums can't do both. Special exceptions for those old school oil money of the Texas schools.
It sucks for G5 when we can have any high performing player "bought" from our level. Even one of those lost from the playing field of our level hurts since there almost always no depth to replace.
BLACK SATURDAY

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:08 am

I simply can't believe that a majority of these athletes who multiple transfer are managing the academic side. Are schools really admitting them legitimately?

Side note. My son is at App and told me a significant football player is in one of his classes and according to my son this player never has a backpack or brings anything to class. Just sits in the back of the class.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:14 am

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:08 am
I simply can't believe that a majority of these athletes who multiple transfer are managing the academic side. Are schools really admitting them legitimately?

Side note. My son is at App and told me a significant football player is in one of his classes and according to my son this player never has a backpack or brings anything to class. Just sits in the back of the class.
When is the last time anyone remembers a player from any school being ruled academically ineligible? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?
BLACK SATURDAY

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:05 am

Black Saturday wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:14 am
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:

When is the last time anyone remembers a player from any school being ruled academically ineligible? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Not since the NCAA did nothing about the UNC-Ch academic athletic scandal.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:19 am

Black Saturday wrote:
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:

One of our own DB's had to miss the Western Kentucky bowl game because he was academically ineligible. Can't remember who it was exactly, but I do remember that we lost one for that reason. That being said, I get the point you were making.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:52 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:19 am
Black Saturday wrote:
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:

One of our own DB's had to miss the Western Kentucky bowl game because he was academically ineligible. Can't remember who it was exactly, but I do remember that we lost one for that reason. That being said, I get the point you were making.
That has more to do with our compliance department enforcing rules than anything else. When's the last time you heard of any other SBC missing a player due to grades?
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:10 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Black Saturday wrote:
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:

Is that why we were torched?
BLACK SATURDAY

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:11 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:10 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Black Saturday wrote:
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:

Is that why we were torched?
Western Kentucky just scored again.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:11 pm

Our fan base doesn’t support the Yosef Club . We are fortunate to perform at the level we do. My opinion.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:39 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:11 pm
Our fan base doesn’t support the Yosef Club . We are fortunate to perform at the level we do. My opinion.
Yup. I figure most of the NIL money we get will be from businesses looking to do actual advertisements to drum up business instead of individuals looking to donate to general NIL funds.

A number I would be very interested in, but I know is impossible to find, is how much App alums give to other schools compared to how much they give to App. I'd be willing to bet for every 1 dollar that goes to App .75 goes to another school. Some App fans only give to other schools, some give to others and App, and not enough only give to App. Such is our school culture. It's a hard trend to turn when 99% of your alum move away from Boone and 60% never look back.

appsfan

Unread post by appsfan » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:58 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Black Saturday wrote:
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:

Yes, his parents sat behind us for a game or two late that season. In conversation, we found out that he stopped going to class that semester (thinking he'd be an NFL pick) and thus was ineligible for the Boca Raton Bowl. Unfortunately for him, his NFL dreams were unrealized.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:21 am

What percentage does the commercial say that goes pro in something else?

Looks like he'd had time to see that based on not going to class a month into the
semester?

Bet he watched a lot of Andy Griffith instead of ESPN?
BLACK SATURDAY

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”