When do tailgate lots open on Saturday?

AppStateNews
School: Appalachian State

When do tailgate lots open on Saturday?

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:54 pm

When do the tailgate lots open on Saturday? I know they typically "open" at 9, but with it being a later game, I was thinking it might be later.

I have a meeting on campus in the morning and will just grab my spot then if the lot is open..
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

T-Dog

Re: When do tailgate lots open on Saturday?

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:18 pm

I can't imagine it being anything other than 9 am and I can'[t find anything that says otherwise, but an e-mail doesn't hurt.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:44 pm

I don't remember a change for a late Saturday game, only for Friday ones.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:26 pm

I think the lots open at the same time, however (see #8):
4.12 Consumption of Alcohol 1.Only malt beverages and unfortified wine may be possessed or consumed. Spirituous liquor(including mixed drinks) is not permitted.
2.Kegs and other common containers are not allowed at any time.
3.Glass containers are not allowed.
4.Drinking games, including but not limited to beer pong, and the use of devices intended to accelerate the consumption of alcohol, including but not limited to funnels or beer bongs, are prohibited.
5.Any participant who consumes alcoholic beverages at such events must be able to produce a valid driver’s license or other photo ID that reflects the person’s age upon request.
6.Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on any other part of the campus or on public streets that run through or are adjacent to the campus.
7.Alcohol consumption will not be permitted in any area during or after the event.
8.Consumption of alcoholic beverages may begin no more than three and half (3 ½) hours before the starting time of the event. Consumption of alcoholic beverages after commencement of the event is prohibited.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:58 pm

YesAppCan wrote:I think the lots open at the same time, however (see #8):
4.12 Consumption of Alcohol 1.Only malt beverages and unfortified wine may be possessed or consumed. Spirituous liquor(including mixed drinks) is not permitted.
[/b]
We don't serve alcohol at our tailgate since so many of the kids coming by are under age. I don't want that kind of responsibility. Plus, I can spend more money on good beef if I'm not spending it on alcohol. :D

It appears from everything I've seen that #1 is rarely enforced ... only malt beverages and unfortified wine? Really?
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:18 pm

I emailed the Yosef Club about a week ago asking if there was a problem getting to my spot at about 10:30. The response I got said they knew of no opening time for tailgating. However, to address an earlier post, I would expect Boone's Finest to be out looking for those who might be having too much fun with alcoholic beverages. Do NOT walk on sidewalks with beer in hand. It's an inverse invitation to sit yourself down in jail for the day.

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:19 pm

It appears from everything I've seen that #1 is rarely enforced ... only malt beverages and unfortified wine? Really?[/quote]

my wine is always fortified...i keep it hidden in a fort like structure between the cooler and the grill.... :mrgreen:

appsfan

Unread post by appsfan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:59 pm

AS with many things in life, discretion is key...

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:54 pm

I'm pretty sure you can show up at any time. We will be in Duncan around 4am cooking a pig, but the 3 1/2 hr alcohol policy will be enforced for sure. One of the campus officers came by our tailgate last year in Duncan and threw his weight around. It could have been done in a different manner, but he made it clear to EVERYONE in Duncan the 3 1/2 hour rule.

Have fun and lets bring home a WIN!!!!!
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:24 am

AppState89 wrote:I'm pretty sure you can show up at any time. We will be in Duncan around 4am cooking a pig, but the 3 1/2 hr alcohol policy will be enforced for sure. One of the campus officers came by our tailgate last year in Duncan and threw his weight around. It could have been done in a different manner, but he made it clear to EVERYONE in Duncan the 3 1/2 hour rule.

Have fun and lets bring home a WIN!!!!!
I'll be making a stop by Biscuitville on the way up the mountain for breakfast, and will re-use (be green) the cup as a place holder for my beverage of choice.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:02 am

More importantly, what time do the students have to have their cars out of the stadium lot?

strongwxnc

Unread post by strongwxnc » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:05 am

The pay lot our group parks at open before 8 am. We usually arrive around 7:30 to kick the day off !
Go APP!!'

kiddbrewer

Unread post by kiddbrewer » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:20 am

YesAppCan wrote:4.12 Consumption of Alcohol [/b]1.Only malt beverages and unfortified wine may be possessed or consumed. Spirituous liquor(including mixed drinks) is not permitted.
I do remember someone in our tailgate crew getting ticketed for pouring liquor from the trunk of their car. An undercover ALE (or whatever they are called) officer happened to notice this act. It was one of the night games, can't remember which. So beware.

bruceh

Unread post by bruceh » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:45 am

You are correct. Got one myself several years ago so all be careful. A margarita was made in the back of my expedition and I was ticketed.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:20 am

YesAppCan wrote:I think the lots open at the same time, however (see #8):
2.Kegs and other common containers are not allowed at any time.
3.Glass containers are not allowed.
4.Drinking games, including but not limited to beer pong, and the use of devices intended to accelerate the consumption of alcohol, including but not limited to funnels or beer bongs, are prohibited.
5.Any participant who consumes alcoholic beverages at such events must be able to produce a valid driver’s license or other photo ID that reflects the person’s age upon request.
6.Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on any other part of the campus or on public streets that run through or are adjacent to the campus.
7.Alcohol consumption will not be permitted in any area during or after the event.
8.Consumption of alcoholic beverages may begin no more than three and half (3 ½) hours before the starting time of the event. Consumption of alcoholic beverages after commencement of the event is prohibited.
There's no way they will be able to enforce that after 12. Mixed drinks in solo cups from 9-11, then cracking brews.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:30 am

kiddbrewer wrote:
YesAppCan wrote:4.12 Consumption of Alcohol [/b]1.Only malt beverages and unfortified wine may be possessed or consumed. Spirituous liquor(including mixed drinks) is not permitted.
I do remember someone in our tailgate crew getting ticketed for pouring liquor from the trunk of their car. An undercover ALE (or whatever they are called) officer happened to notice this act. It was one of the night games, can't remember which. So beware.
I've made a campaign of identifying ALE officers, taking photos of them and walking up to every student tailgate in Raley and warning them about the danger. I give a description, show the photo, and give a last known location and direction of movement. The ALE is the main culprit of Boone being over policed. They are a shameless organization of police academy rejects, bent on destroying our gameday experience. I'll be damned if I let those fascists meet their quota at the expense of the App State college/gameday experience.

MountainMan

Unread post by MountainMan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:17 pm

Hey Gonzo. What do you REALLY think about ALE officers? :lol:

Deano

Unread post by Deano » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Gonzo wrote:
kiddbrewer wrote:
I've made a campaign of identifying ALE officers, taking photos of them and walking up to every student tailgate in Raley and warning them about the danger. I give a description, show the photo, and give a last known location and direction of movement. The ALE is the main culprit of Boone being over policed. They are a shameless organization of police academy rejects, bent on destroying our gameday experience. I'll be damned if I let those fascists meet their quota at the expense of the App State college/gameday experience.

Right on Gonzo, I mean public safety is important and we all know some people can get stupid when alcohol is involved especially if they were already stupid to begin with, but these ALE officers have a chip on their shoulders and they just harass our fans and students. Just to parallel our ALE officers to the officers of another school, when I was a senior in high school back in the early 90's I went with some friends to an ECU game. Some of us in our group were over 21 and some of us like me were not. We were tailgating in one of the parking lots of ECU's stadium and we had a keg. My solo cup was full of this frothy beverage of course and as I was enjoying myself I looked up and saw a uniformed police officer on a horse headed our way. I tried to act cool but I was freaking out inside. The officer came right up to our spot, dismounted his horse and walked right up to me. I was about to crap myself when he opened his mouth and said "Do you have an extra cup for me?". I said "heck yeah bro!" and he sat and drank with us for a few moments never asking us our age, because none of us were causing any trouble. Now that's a cool officer. I just think our campus police need a little more tolerance.

AppState2009

Unread post by AppState2009 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Just got an email from Appalachian State Athletics saying the lots open at 11am.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346883003.803321.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346883003.803321.jpg (145.6 KiB) Viewed 6515 times

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:24 pm

I just think our campus police need a little more tolerance.

Image[/quote]

I agree. And this comes from someone with 23 year experience dealing with this. There is a correct way and wrong way. Some of the campus police officers do it the wrong way.. :o
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”