Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Thursday Games

AppAlum1

Re: Thursday Games

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:58 am

WVAPPeer wrote:The facts do matter... :shock:
Nuh-uh. In a university? Are you kidding?

We don't need no stinkin' facts to get in the way of a good time. :roll:

Gonzo
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:31 am

A fedora boy has put down his e-cig and taken the time to chime in.

http://thedailywit.blogspot.com/2015/08 ... lshit.html

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:47 pm

I have to admit that I find of the comments a little baffling. I really didn't want to comment on this issue, but what the heck...here goes. For the record, I have taken off work and I'm planning to be at both of the Thursday night games. I love my Appalachian Football as much as anyone. That being said, to criticize the letter for being "politically correct" is perhaps a truism because almost ALL communications coming from instituations these days are passed through that filter! Just get used to it and accept it folks. It's not going to change. Characterizing members of the MMB as "PC" because they understand the political and institutional complexity in which the Chancellor operates, is just ridiculous though.

I completely understand the concerns that some of voiced and share many of them. On the one hand, Appalachian State is a University and, despite the "Football first" approach we often adopt, football is not the primary purpose of this instituation. That being said, this decision is asking for a logistical nightmare and will probably create some significant issues. Part of me hopes that it DOES because that means that a ton of people are driving up the mountain for the games.

Personally, I'm disappointed but I also understand the constraints that Dr. Evert is working under. If this decision creates a nightmare, she will have information and ammunition to use the next time. I don't know why anyone would suggest that she isn't going to learn from any mistakes she might make.

At the risk of speaking heresy on this board....Tailgating isn't the "end game" here. I will jump through whatever logistical hoops have to be cleared and when the whistle blows, I'll be there to watch my Apps beat Georgia Southern and Louisiana in front of a national audience. THAT is the end game.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:05 pm

For those that park in Stadium or Justice I recommend going down 105 and cutting through the neighborhood behind the stadium.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:11 pm

Saint3333 wrote:For those that park in Stadium or Justice I recommend going down 105 and cutting through the neighborhood behind the stadium.
Poplar Grove road is an option also.

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:20 pm

Gonzo wrote:A fedora boy has put down his e-cig and taken the time to chime in.

http://thedailywit.blogspot.com/2015/08 ... lshit.html
If only the author knew that some of those Yosef Club members also paid tuition at some point and that "Yosef Club overpriced parking spaces" > "students overpriced parking spaces.

Don't anyone take that the wrong way.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:28 pm

It would be fine with me if I could get on a bus and go right to the game. The stadium spot is much better but i'd give it up for a game( not to you bozo's) if I got AppleCart Uber to do the work. No big deal as long as i can go to the game.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Let's just all donate our Yosef Club parking passes to current students and faculty and throw the rowdiest tailgate party the high country has ever seen up at the old WHS. Make sure that 'the Appalachian' an ESPN catches wind of App fans' generosity and show the administration, faculty, students, the college sporting world and possible future students and parents that we care greatly about the mission of our university. Now it's easy for me to say I'd give up my Library pass compared to some folks who spent thousands on Stadium lot parking to ride a bus but we could spin this into a positive and be the solution.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:49 pm

I'll just have lunch a tApp Room, stay there and drink until 3, and then hit Big C's per my usual.

Oh, and I'll be skipping class to do it, although not at Appalachian.

Dmanuhone

Unread post by Dmanuhone » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:04 am

Victory Yosef visited the Virgin Islands, now they are just called the Islands

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”