Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Beamer/Moore

HeffnerIV

Beamer/Moore

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:06 pm

I'm not interested in debating how Coach Moore was terminated, but does watching Virginia Tech and their descent make anyone reconsider their thoughts about forcing Coach Moore out earlier than he'd hoped?

mtnjax
School: Appalachian State

Re: Beamer/Moore

Unread post by mtnjax » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:13 pm

VaTech has gotten stale as a program. Bud Foster's defense is nothing like it used to be and they are anemic on offense.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:44 pm

Nope.
Give 'em hell!

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:46 pm

No. Two extremely extremely extremely different cases.

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:09 pm

Not even a little bit. We're seeing the on-the-field fruits of that decision right now.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:18 pm

HeffnerIV wrote:I'm not interested in debating how Coach Moore was terminated, but does watching Virginia Tech and their descent make anyone reconsider their thoughts about forcing Coach Moore out earlier than he'd hoped?
I'm borderline "nuts" for joining this thread. But, here I go. Far beyond the shadow of a doubt, Coach Moore's contract situation was handled in an unprofessional and demeaning way. Anyone could see that from afar.

Nonetheless, it's my understanding that Coach Moore had made it pretty clear that he disapproved ASU's move to FBS and was reluctant to take on the responsibility and headaches of the transition.
I'm unable to see how Coach Moore's wishes and ASU's direction could have had a happy outcome for both parties.

There's much that folks like us don't know about what was happening in the background when this all transpired. It's clearly an unfortunate blemish on ASU athletics that lingers to some degree. Hopefully, healing will be complete with ongoing efforts to show great appreciation for Coach Moore's achievements at Appalachian.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

WVAppsfan

Unread post by WVAppsfan » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:30 pm

Not even a good comparison. However Coach Beamer has to go, he has stayed one too many seasons. Coach Moore left in a different manner, but he left a winner of the Southern Conference, he left with the support of his team and administration of the fans and sons and daughters of Appalachian.

He was succeeded by a member of his team someone from his program a way of thinking. He left his stamp of success for future generations at the Rock.

Beamer does not recruit well, Beamer does not have a vision, Beamer can not beat Wake Forest, that is proof that the change is needed unto its self.

Whomever takes over at VT, has a mess. Coach Sat was ready and the program was passed on in better shape than Coach Moore encountered.

Coach Moore is a legend and he has been honored the proper and just way that anyone could imagine. Take an example from WVU, Coach Bill Stewart was told his " coach in waiting" was coming on line. Well Holgerson is lame, and the program is a mess. Five years in and the change has not been a positive one. There is a caparison to DEBATE.
"Always give your all"

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:41 pm

HeffnerIV wrote:I'm not interested in debating how Coach Moore was terminated, but does watching Virginia Tech and their descent make anyone reconsider their thoughts about forcing Coach Moore out earlier than he'd hoped?
Interesting that you don't want to debate how Coach Moore left but you clearly have a strong opinion by using words like "terminated" and "forced".

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:50 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Interesting that you don't want to debate how Coach Moore left but you clearly have a strong opinion by using words like "terminated" and "forced".

I certainly do have a strong opinion, like everyone else on this board. It was one of the most polarizing issues in our school'shistory. terminated is the technical term and Coach Moore was forced out. In other words, he did not want to leave.

From the moment the decision was made I have agreed with it and, in my opinion, Virginia Tech's situation reinforces my opinion. I, like everyone else, hated the hurt feelings and division it caused, but those were inevitable whenever the change was made.

IGgreer

Unread post by IGgreer » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:15 pm

Frank Beamer & the entire VT program are vastly overrated.

Beamer gets to coach in a very fertile state for recruiting where the only other P5 in-state competition has been mediocre at best since George Welsh retired in 2000.

Coached in a terrible football conference in the Big East and then hit the lotto being able to coach in consistently the weakest division in P5 football -- the ACC coastal for the last 11 years.

2-6 in BCS bowls.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:54 pm

I don't know if anyone could have coached that VT team to a win against OSU last night. That being said, it's time for new blood in Blacksburg. They've been grumbling about it for years. For a while it reminded me of State firing Tom O'Brian and it made me want to say "Who do you think you are? It's one thing to want better and another thing to actually find a better coach." Now I think it might be time for the Hokies to move on.

I think a Beamer/Moore comparison is fair in the sense that they presided over some of their programs best years and for a LONG time, but I that's about where it ends. Beamer wouldn't forget about explicit conversations between him and his AD of he were informed it was about to be over.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:15 pm

Pray tell why you could not just make some comments about Beamer without dragging Coach Moore into this. You could have used Bowden or Paterno as examples of change needed. You dont want to debate it but yet you bring up something with a slant to your obvious anger. Can we close the door on this?

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Rekdiver wrote:Pray tell why you could not just make some comments about Beamer without dragging Coach Moore into this. You could have used Bowden or Paterno as examples of change needed. You dont want to debate it but yet you bring up something with a slant to your obvious anger. Can we close the door on this?
I'm Not angry at all. If you can't see the parallels in our situation then I can't help ya. And I didn't compare Beamer to Paterno or Bowden because I'm not a fan and alum of either of their schools and this isn't their message board.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:57 pm

I'm having trouble remembering a long term historically successful football coach riding off in the sunset that didn't end with some turmoil in the last ten years.

It is hard to hang it up, I've seen it in many professions.

I will have to say that Satterfield did not inherit a team ready for the transition, and I was shocked how quickly Satt and Co have turned it around.

That said I thoroughly enjoyed, celebrating Coach Moore at KBS this past weekend and he stayed the whole game! Hope to see him around more.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Don't need your help in understanding your comment . We'll it is my colleges message board and i ask again. Can we close the door on this? IMO everybody is ready to not see this every time a long time coach seems to be slipping. If you can bring it up I certainly can say I'm tired of hearing it without getting sideways.

ASU85Grad

Unread post by ASU85Grad » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:25 pm

I just wish everyone would hush! The last thing App needs is a school with a similar geography, great football tradition, passionate fans and a LOT more money than we have looking for a great young coach and staff. I think Frank Beamer is doing a fine job at VT. :D

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:13 am

HeffnerIV wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:Pray tell why you could not just make some comments about Beamer without dragging Coach Moore into this. You could have used Bowden or Paterno as examples of change needed. You dont want to debate it but yet you bring up something with a slant to your obvious anger. Can we close the door on this?
I'm Not angry at all. If you can't see the parallels in our situation then I can't help ya. And I didn't compare Beamer to Paterno or Bowden because I'm not a fan and alum of either of their schools and this isn't their message board.
I agree. Beamer, Bowden, and Mack Brown were all similar. We may even be seeing the beginning of tis type of situation with Spurrier at SC. It's nearly impossible for someone to be able to put in the effort it takes to be a successful head coach once they reach a certain age. No coach can beat father time.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:04 am

"Coach Sat was ready and the program was passed on in better shape than Coach Moore encountered."

I'm not sure I understand that comment. Are you saying that the program was in bad shape when Moore took over?
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:37 am

AppSt94 wrote:
He was definitely forced out as he wanted to continue regardless of the contract expiring. This is not to say that his time had not come to leave.
Last edited by NewApp on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Appsolutely wrote:"Coach Sat was ready and the program was passed on in better shape than Coach Moore encountered."

I'm not sure I understand that comment. Are you saying that the program was in bad shape when Moore took over?
If you consider that a scad of players left for South Carolina, some to Sparky, then yes 94 is right.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”