Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

SBC Hoops.....Sunbelt schedule

spacemonkey
School: Appalachian State

SBC Hoops.....Sunbelt schedule

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:21 pm

SBC Hoops:

We should instantly make our basketball schedule a round robin...and I mean for the whole conference. Find the money to make the travel for basketball. 14 teams equals 26 game schedule. I truly think it would be the best for SBC Basketball. App can't seem to get anyone to agree to play in Boone. If everyone else is having that trouble we should make it happen

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Re: SBC Hoops.....Sunbelt schedule

Unread post by appgrouch » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:26 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:21 pm
SBC Hoops:

We should instantly make our basketball schedule a round robin...and I mean for the whole conference. Find the money to make the travel for basketball. 14 teams equals 26 game schedule. I truly think it would be the best for SBC Basketball. App can't seem to get anyone to agree to play in Boone. If everyone else is having that trouble we should make it happen
We make no money off of conference games. That would leave ~7 games that most would need to be on the road to make the budget. We might have 2 non-conf home games a year. It would also hinder the ability to raise our RPI/SoS with more non-conf.

If the "new" Sunbelt happens, then we will have a better scheduling situation.
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:59 am

I can see a round robin within division, a H/H with one team cross division and a split of 3 home/3 away with the other side. This would allow for two cross division trips for a total of 20 games.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:26 pm

appgrouch wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:26 am
spacemonkey wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:21 pm
SBC Hoops:

We make no money off of conference games. That would leave ~7 games that most would need to be on the road to make the budget. We might have 2 non-conf home games a year. It would also hinder the ability to raise our RPI/SoS with more non-conf.

If the "new" Sunbelt happens, then we will have a better scheduling situation.
I was talking about the new sunbelt....I would much rather see a home and home with all of our soon to be "New" conference mate than our current schedule. Our home schedule is pretty weak.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”