Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Teasett Status

311neers
Posts: 3136
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1299 times
Been thanked: 930 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by 311neers » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:07 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:02 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:27 pm
The back end of the Zocko situation is similar to the Kendall Lewis situation. For those familiar with why Lewis entered the portal. Only difference is Lewis was getting play time.

Teasett is also in a similar sinking boat but he was able to get the water out with the help we provided.
You ever talk to the kids or just get your "news" from the HC?

If the poor kid Zocko couldn't 'throw the ball in the ocean or turn it over in practice consistently' as someone posted above I would call that a 'Bad Eval' by the coaching staff. Over hyping players before they suit up has been a Kerns theme.

Kendall Lewis left campus like a ghost in the night. While the team was out of town he was moving out, coaching staff was clueless of this until they returned from Mobile, AL. And that's a fact jack.

Sad thing is Mike Eads was the 6th man on the championship team. Tossed aside like recycling ever since.
Would hate to see what we say about X if we say zocko couldn’t throw the ball in the ocean 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

User avatar
AppStateNews
Posts: 2736
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:36 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 2289 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:07 pm

311neers wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:01 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm
311neers wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:40 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:24 pm
The crowd that “knows” who should be playing and what should be done because they “watch” games is the least knowledgeable fans in the world. Not because they don’t understand the game, but because they aren’t smart enough to ask what they don’t know about the situation that might be the reason for the results.
We all played high school basketball so we all have some understanding of the game. My issue is we continue to play kids that look uninterested, can’t shoot fts, and don’t play defense over a potential future star (family issues or not) that has shown flashes of abilities. Maybe we thought we were deeper than we actually are based off our weaker OOC schedule early on. I feel for eads and hope his injury doesn’t hold his career back.
Understanding the game is not the issue. If you played the game at the high school level, then you should be well versed in how a guy earns playing time. Instead of asking why guys are playing over a “potential star”, maybe you should be asking, or at the least, wondering what you aren’t seeing that keeps your guy from playing. Kerns, and Clark, play the guys that show the most consistency, effort and ability in practice. Effort in practice dictates minutes on the court in a game. If they aren’t playing, maybe they just aren’t ready.
I agree, if you aren’t ready, probably shouldn’t be playing. We’ve got 3 guys that aren’t ready and are playing, some don’t show effort. If you watch the games, you know who these are. Thus, why we only have 10 d1 wins. Need boykin back ASAP
Yet you constantly clamor about a player that isn't ready to play should be playing. So, which one is it?

I have watched every game but 1. I have not seen a player that didn't show effort. Which player(s) are you talking about?

It's obvious you don't like X, but to say he's not showing effort is absurd. Sure, he needs to get better at FTs, but no effort? That's a reach...
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

User avatar
AppStateNews
Posts: 2736
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:36 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 2289 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:10 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:02 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:27 pm
The back end of the Zocko situation is similar to the Kendall Lewis situation. For those familiar with why Lewis entered the portal. Only difference is Lewis was getting play time.

Teasett is also in a similar sinking boat but he was able to get the water out with the help we provided.
You ever talk to the kids or just get your "news" from the HC?

If the poor kid Zocko couldn't 'throw the ball in the ocean or turn it over in practice consistently' as someone posted above I would call that a 'Bad Eval' by the coaching staff. Over hyping players before they suit up has been a Kerns theme.

Kendall Lewis left campus like a ghost in the night. While the team was out of town he was moving out, coaching staff was clueless of this until they returned from Mobile, AL. And that's a fact jack.

Sad thing is Mike Eads was the 6th man on the championship team. Tossed aside like recycling ever since.
I talk to the players occasionally, but I do not have a relationship with them. I hardly ever talk to Kerns to be honest. This is just a straight observation on my part. And yes, I think Zocko was over hyped by the fan base -- not the staff.

Yes, Kendall left on his own regard, but it wasn't a shock. The shock was how it happened, but he was suspended for violating team rules (hence, not with the team during the trip) on more than one occasion. The team provided him the resources he needed to help get back on track and he chose to continue breaking said rules and not use the resources.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

311neers
Posts: 3136
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1299 times
Been thanked: 930 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by 311neers » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:35 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:07 pm
311neers wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:01 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm
311neers wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:40 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:24 pm
The crowd that “knows” who should be playing and what should be done because they “watch” games is the least knowledgeable fans in the world. Not because they don’t understand the game, but because they aren’t smart enough to ask what they don’t know about the situation that might be the reason for the results.
We all played high school basketball so we all have some understanding of the game. My issue is we continue to play kids that look uninterested, can’t shoot fts, and don’t play defense over a potential future star (family issues or not) that has shown flashes of abilities. Maybe we thought we were deeper than we actually are based off our weaker OOC schedule early on. I feel for eads and hope his injury doesn’t hold his career back.
Understanding the game is not the issue. If you played the game at the high school level, then you should be well versed in how a guy earns playing time. Instead of asking why guys are playing over a “potential star”, maybe you should be asking, or at the least, wondering what you aren’t seeing that keeps your guy from playing. Kerns, and Clark, play the guys that show the most consistency, effort and ability in practice. Effort in practice dictates minutes on the court in a game. If they aren’t playing, maybe they just aren’t ready.
I agree, if you aren’t ready, probably shouldn’t be playing. We’ve got 3 guys that aren’t ready and are playing, some don’t show effort. If you watch the games, you know who these are. Thus, why we only have 10 d1 wins. Need boykin back ASAP
Yet you constantly clamor about a player that isn't ready to play should be playing. So, which one is it?

I have watched every game but 1. I have not seen a player that didn't show effort. Which player(s) are you talking about?

It's obvious you don't like X, but to say he's not showing effort is absurd. Sure, he needs to get better at FTs, but no effort? That's a reach...
x gives great effort and is good defender. not going to bash the guys but yes, I do believe that if the 3 (1 is suspended) continue to see PT, no doubt in my mind zocko or eads should have also been seeing PT. We got our guys, gotta roll with them now. Unfortunate to see guys leave.

User avatar
AppStateNews
Posts: 2736
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:36 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 2289 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:41 pm

311neers wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:35 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:07 pm
311neers wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:01 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm
311neers wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:40 pm


We all played high school basketball so we all have some understanding of the game. My issue is we continue to play kids that look uninterested, can’t shoot fts, and don’t play defense over a potential future star (family issues or not) that has shown flashes of abilities. Maybe we thought we were deeper than we actually are based off our weaker OOC schedule early on. I feel for eads and hope his injury doesn’t hold his career back.
Understanding the game is not the issue. If you played the game at the high school level, then you should be well versed in how a guy earns playing time. Instead of asking why guys are playing over a “potential star”, maybe you should be asking, or at the least, wondering what you aren’t seeing that keeps your guy from playing. Kerns, and Clark, play the guys that show the most consistency, effort and ability in practice. Effort in practice dictates minutes on the court in a game. If they aren’t playing, maybe they just aren’t ready.
I agree, if you aren’t ready, probably shouldn’t be playing. We’ve got 3 guys that aren’t ready and are playing, some don’t show effort. If you watch the games, you know who these are. Thus, why we only have 10 d1 wins. Need boykin back ASAP
Yet you constantly clamor about a player that isn't ready to play should be playing. So, which one is it?

I have watched every game but 1. I have not seen a player that didn't show effort. Which player(s) are you talking about?

It's obvious you don't like X, but to say he's not showing effort is absurd. Sure, he needs to get better at FTs, but no effort? That's a reach...
x gives great effort and is good defender. not going to bash the guys but yes, I do believe that if the 3 (1 is suspended) continue to see PT, no doubt in my mind zocko or eads should have also been seeing PT. We got our guys, gotta roll with them now. Unfortunate to see guys leave.
I saw your original post and had a post lined up when you deleted it. Good delete on your part because it was the most absurd take you've had on here -- and you've had a lot of them.

You do realize the guy you claim gives zero effort (which is a complete farce) is the same exact type of player as one of the guys you claim should be playing more but is lightyears better at that role, right? It's no coincidence their play time start dwindling when this new player got on campus...
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

appgrad95&97
Posts: 1150
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:07 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 430 times
Been thanked: 533 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:49 pm

The only reason I keep asking about Eads is because Kerns called on him to go in during the Ga So game, and Eads seemed to refuse. Kerns seems confused. So was Eads hurt then and Kerns didn't know?

311neers
Posts: 3136
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1299 times
Been thanked: 930 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by 311neers » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:53 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:41 pm
311neers wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:35 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:07 pm
311neers wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:01 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm

Understanding the game is not the issue. If you played the game at the high school level, then you should be well versed in how a guy earns playing time. Instead of asking why guys are playing over a “potential star”, maybe you should be asking, or at the least, wondering what you aren’t seeing that keeps your guy from playing. Kerns, and Clark, play the guys that show the most consistency, effort and ability in practice. Effort in practice dictates minutes on the court in a game. If they aren’t playing, maybe they just aren’t ready.
I agree, if you aren’t ready, probably shouldn’t be playing. We’ve got 3 guys that aren’t ready and are playing, some don’t show effort. If you watch the games, you know who these are. Thus, why we only have 10 d1 wins. Need boykin back ASAP
Yet you constantly clamor about a player that isn't ready to play should be playing. So, which one is it?

I have watched every game but 1. I have not seen a player that didn't show effort. Which player(s) are you talking about?

It's obvious you don't like X, but to say he's not showing effort is absurd. Sure, he needs to get better at FTs, but no effort? That's a reach...
x gives great effort and is good defender. not going to bash the guys but yes, I do believe that if the 3 (1 is suspended) continue to see PT, no doubt in my mind zocko or eads should have also been seeing PT. We got our guys, gotta roll with them now. Unfortunate to see guys leave.
I saw your original post and had a post lined up when you deleted it. Good delete on your part because it was the most absurd take you've had on here -- and you've had a lot of them.

You do realize the guy you claim gives zero effort (which is a complete farce) is the same exact type of player as one of the guys you claim should be playing more but is lightyears better at that role, right? It's no coincidence their play time start dwindling when this new player got on campus...
Yep, was a little harsh for a message board so took it down. Seems uninterested to me at times. Could just be a rough stretch of games or maybe a step slow on defense. Yup, he can definitely knock down the 3 at times, doesn’t mean you completely cut the other one out of the lineup, assuming that injury didn’t help him by any means. He’s still young and working on his game, he added some mid range this year which is a sign of progression.

Saint3333
Posts: 13017
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 3012 times
Been thanked: 4640 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:16 pm

How about “media” members asking questions about roster turnover to provide some insight instead of leaving fans to speculate.

AppSt94
Posts: 9625
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6377 times
Been thanked: 3962 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:24 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:16 pm
How about “media” members asking questions about roster turnover to provide some insight instead of leaving fans to speculate.
What media?

User avatar
proasu89
Posts: 1699
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:33 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 914 times
Been thanked: 757 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by proasu89 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:34 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:16 pm
How about “media” members asking questions about roster turnover to provide some insight instead of leaving fans to speculate.
To be honest, I don’t think there is hardly a coach in major college athletics that will give the media, or anyone else a straightforward answer. All I see or hear is eye rolls and snarky answers when a legitimate question is asked. FWIW, I don’t think Coach Clark falls into that category. Since we have zero media presence in BB, I’ll make no judgements about Coach Kerns.

DenverOfTheEast
Posts: 432
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:15 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 228 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:37 pm

David Ware covers App State Sports. although with an online web site - he's the one asking questions and writing articles on AppState Mania -- the old school newspapers are a thing of the past, once David is done they'll be no consistent coverage in Boone. you can Google or YouTube the press conferences. He has a lot of juice on the in's and outs of that place.

Saint3333
Posts: 13017
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 3012 times
Been thanked: 4640 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:07 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:37 pm
David Ware covers App State Sports. although with an online web site - he's the one asking questions and writing articles on AppState Mania -- the old school newspapers are a thing of the past, once David is done they'll be no consistent coverage in Boone. you can Google or YouTube the press conferences. He has a lot of juice on the in's and outs of that place.
I know, let’s hear from him.
Last edited by Saint3333 on Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saint3333
Posts: 13017
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 3012 times
Been thanked: 4640 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:08 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:24 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:16 pm
How about “media” members asking questions about roster turnover to provide some insight instead of leaving fans to speculate.
What media?
Quotes…. Keep up.

AppSt94
Posts: 9625
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6377 times
Been thanked: 3962 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:24 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:08 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:24 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:16 pm
How about “media” members asking questions about roster turnover to provide some insight instead of leaving fans to speculate.
What media?
Quotes…. Keep up.
I don’t have a problem with the media access. 24/7, particularly the Premium Site has tons of information.

User avatar
AppStateNews
Posts: 2736
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:36 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 2289 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:21 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:24 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:08 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:24 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:16 pm
How about “media” members asking questions about roster turnover to provide some insight instead of leaving fans to speculate.
What media?
Quotes…. Keep up.
I don’t have a problem with the media access. 24/7, particularly the Premium Site has tons of information.
Bahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahbahahhahah

Breath

Hahahahahahahaha

Ware does not provide any information.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppSt94
Posts: 9625
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6377 times
Been thanked: 3962 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:24 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:21 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:24 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:08 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:24 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:16 pm
How about “media” members asking questions about roster turnover to provide some insight instead of leaving fans to speculate.
What media?
Quotes…. Keep up.
I don’t have a problem with the media access. 24/7, particularly the Premium Site has tons of information.
Bahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahbahahhahah

Breath

Hahahahahahahaha

Ware does not provide any information.
I get your disdain for David and that’s fine. But he is essentially the only access to information. Whether you or any one else chooses to venture over to 24/7 to get it is your prerogative.

User avatar
AppStateNews
Posts: 2736
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:36 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 2289 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:27 pm

Ware literally just repeats what he finds online. He has very little access to information.

Clark and Gillin have both told me the only reason he even gets media credentials is because he's behind the 247 brand and that's good for recruiting. Clark purposely feeds Ware incorrect information occasionally.

It's not a disdain towards Ware. And just because he's the only media we have doesn't mean he actually has information.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppSt94
Posts: 9625
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6377 times
Been thanked: 3962 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:07 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:27 pm
Ware literally just repeats what he finds online. He has very little access to information.

Clark and Gillin have both told me the only reason he even gets media credentials is because he's behind the 247 brand and that's good for recruiting. Clark purposely feeds Ware incorrect information occasionally.

It's not a disdain towards Ware. And just because he's the only media we have doesn't mean he actually has information.
If Clark is purposely feeding false information to someone that represents the only real media outlet that he has, then that is shameful on his part and I imagine would violate some sort of university policy on media relations.

User avatar
AppStateNews
Posts: 2736
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:36 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 2289 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:07 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:07 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:27 pm
Ware literally just repeats what he finds online. He has very little access to information.

Clark and Gillin have both told me the only reason he even gets media credentials is because he's behind the 247 brand and that's good for recruiting. Clark purposely feeds Ware incorrect information occasionally.

It's not a disdain towards Ware. And just because he's the only media we have doesn't mean he actually has information.
If Clark is purposely feeding false information to someone that represents the only real media outlet that he has, then that is shameful on his part and I imagine would violate some sort of university policy on media relations.
It's not happening during press related events. So nope, no violations.

There's a reason our coaches are short with answers during press conferences. Early in Ware's subscription site career, he spilled the beans way too many times. So now, he doesn't get information.

Hell, he even spilled the Sloan hire too early and had to take the article down. But that wasn't breaking news. A lot of people had that information weeks prior.

Also, FWIW, I've heard rumors of more media members coming in sooner than later. At least one of which is SUPER connected. Which can only help grow the brand.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppSt94
Posts: 9625
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6377 times
Been thanked: 3962 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:15 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:07 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:07 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:27 pm
Ware literally just repeats what he finds online. He has very little access to information.

Clark and Gillin have both told me the only reason he even gets media credentials is because he's behind the 247 brand and that's good for recruiting. Clark purposely feeds Ware incorrect information occasionally.

It's not a disdain towards Ware. And just because he's the only media we have doesn't mean he actually has information.
If Clark is purposely feeding false information to someone that represents the only real media outlet that he has, then that is shameful on his part and I imagine would violate some sort of university policy on media relations.
It's not happening during press related events. So nope, no violations.

There's a reason our coaches are short with answers during press conferences. Early in Ware's subscription site career, he spilled the beans way too many times. So now, he doesn't get information.

Hell, he even spilled the Sloan hire too early and had to take the article down. But that wasn't breaking news. A lot of people had that information weeks prior.
No he didn’t. He didn’t post the article until the hire was announced or he was given the OK to release the information. We can agree to disagree on this because as right as you are on most things, you are wrong on this.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”