Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Teasett Status

User avatar
AppStateNews
Posts: 2736
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:36 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 2289 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:20 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:15 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:07 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:07 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:27 pm
Ware literally just repeats what he finds online. He has very little access to information.

Clark and Gillin have both told me the only reason he even gets media credentials is because he's behind the 247 brand and that's good for recruiting. Clark purposely feeds Ware incorrect information occasionally.

It's not a disdain towards Ware. And just because he's the only media we have doesn't mean he actually has information.
If Clark is purposely feeding false information to someone that represents the only real media outlet that he has, then that is shameful on his part and I imagine would violate some sort of university policy on media relations.
It's not happening during press related events. So nope, no violations.

There's a reason our coaches are short with answers during press conferences. Early in Ware's subscription site career, he spilled the beans way too many times. So now, he doesn't get information.

Hell, he even spilled the Sloan hire too early and had to take the article down. But that wasn't breaking news. A lot of people had that information weeks prior.
No he didn’t. He didn’t post the article until the hire was announced or he was given the OK to release the information. We can agree to disagree on this because as right as you are on most things, you are wrong on this.
APPsolutely not. He had to take the article down for over 2 hours. It's possible he hit publish instead of save and took it down almost immediately. But his hand definitely got slapped for it.

Sloan had specific desires for announcing since he got screwed when taking the GaSo job. He would have stayed here since Woody was leaving. But, GaSo played the announcement card early and Sloan didn't want to make his friend Lunsford look bad.

Ware definitely breached that agreement. Not his first time, won't be his last. And that's the reason the information he gets is limited.

But, back on topic here...
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppSt94
Posts: 9625
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6378 times
Been thanked: 3963 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:55 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:20 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:15 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:07 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:07 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:27 pm
Ware literally just repeats what he finds online. He has very little access to information.

Clark and Gillin have both told me the only reason he even gets media credentials is because he's behind the 247 brand and that's good for recruiting. Clark purposely feeds Ware incorrect information occasionally.

It's not a disdain towards Ware. And just because he's the only media we have doesn't mean he actually has information.
If Clark is purposely feeding false information to someone that represents the only real media outlet that he has, then that is shameful on his part and I imagine would violate some sort of university policy on media relations.
It's not happening during press related events. So nope, no violations.

There's a reason our coaches are short with answers during press conferences. Early in Ware's subscription site career, he spilled the beans way too many times. So now, he doesn't get information.

Hell, he even spilled the Sloan hire too early and had to take the article down. But that wasn't breaking news. A lot of people had that information weeks prior.
No he didn’t. He didn’t post the article until the hire was announced or he was given the OK to release the information. We can agree to disagree on this because as right as you are on most things, you are wrong on this.
APPsolutely not. He had to take the article down for over 2 hours. It's possible he hit publish instead of save and took it down almost immediately. But his hand definitely got slapped for it.

Sloan had specific desires for announcing since he got screwed when taking the GaSo job. He would have stayed here since Woody was leaving. But, GaSo played the announcement card early and Sloan didn't want to make his friend Lunsford look bad.

Ware definitely breached that agreement. Not his first time, won't be his last. And that's the reason the information he gets is limited.

But, back on topic here...
Just to put a pin in this. A screenshot of your comment has been shared with Shawn and he had a good laugh.

User avatar
AppStateNews
Posts: 2736
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:36 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 2289 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:59 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:55 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:20 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:15 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:07 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:07 pm

If Clark is purposely feeding false information to someone that represents the only real media outlet that he has, then that is shameful on his part and I imagine would violate some sort of university policy on media relations.
It's not happening during press related events. So nope, no violations.

There's a reason our coaches are short with answers during press conferences. Early in Ware's subscription site career, he spilled the beans way too many times. So now, he doesn't get information.

Hell, he even spilled the Sloan hire too early and had to take the article down. But that wasn't breaking news. A lot of people had that information weeks prior.
No he didn’t. He didn’t post the article until the hire was announced or he was given the OK to release the information. We can agree to disagree on this because as right as you are on most things, you are wrong on this.
APPsolutely not. He had to take the article down for over 2 hours. It's possible he hit publish instead of save and took it down almost immediately. But his hand definitely got slapped for it.

Sloan had specific desires for announcing since he got screwed when taking the GaSo job. He would have stayed here since Woody was leaving. But, GaSo played the announcement card early and Sloan didn't want to make his friend Lunsford look bad.

Ware definitely breached that agreement. Not his first time, won't be his last. And that's the reason the information he gets is limited.

But, back on topic here...
Just to put a pin in this. A screenshot of your comment has been shared with Shawn and he had a good laugh.
That's simply not true, but cool.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

User avatar
T-Dog
Posts: 6553
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 2559 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:00 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:27 pm
Clark and Gillin have both told me the only reason he even gets media credentials is because he's behind the 247 brand and that's good for recruiting. Clark purposely feeds Ware incorrect information occasionally.
I'm not a Ware fan and I read the follow-up posts about him posting too much info but, if true, that's bush league by Clark and Gillin.

Those in positions of power at a public institution should suffer a cantankerous press.

Saint3333
Posts: 13017
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 3012 times
Been thanked: 4640 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:24 pm

Well this turned into a fun back and forth.

What “media” seems to be an issue…

pop5app
Posts: 722
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:02 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2198 times
Been thanked: 288 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by pop5app » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:59 am

Since the death of newspapers, all we have is the internet to find information. I used to think it was awful in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s when the only coverage of any kind was about cheat. So now we have the internet to have to sift through the crap to try and figure out what’s true/factual. Rumor and conspiracy are the name of the game now.

User avatar
hapapp
Posts: 16560
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 12:48 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Rocky Mount, VA
Has thanked: 2423 times
Been thanked: 2734 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:12 am

Back to the original discussion beyond the bias against the only person consistently covering App State sports.

I do find it concerning that we have lost three players in a month and a fourth before the season started. They may all have their own individual stories but nonetheless this seems to be a pattern with this staff.

bigdaddyg
Posts: 5832
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 2474 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:03 am

Back in the later days of print a story had to often run through the editor desk before it was published. At least a more experienced set of eyes could help to check some facts. Now a person can type and hit send. There is a rush to "crack the story". Writers have always wanted to be the one with the scoop but with instantaneous internet availability stuff can be out there quickly and often without being checked. I guess that "believe what you read" cause it's on the net has just become a way of life.

Yosef10
Posts: 1750
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:15 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 322 times
Been thanked: 687 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:23 am

Lol I have my issues with Ware, but he provides much better info than the guy who likes to play dress up as an insider on Yosef’s Cabin.

app97
Posts: 1152
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:09 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 303 times
Been thanked: 306 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by app97 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:31 am

Just noticed Eads is no longer on the roster. Maybe this has been mentioned…also the walk-on Hafner is no longer listed. I thought Eads was just dealing with an injury, but maybe there’s more to the story.

User avatar
T-Dog
Posts: 6553
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 2559 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:47 am

Kerns said post-JMU (Saturday) that Eads came into his office on Friday and asked "for a leave of absence from the team" and Kerns wished him and his family well.

Kerns said last week that Zocko entered the transfer portal.

Stonewall
Posts: 5382
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2723 times
Been thanked: 2642 times

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:32 am

I am a premium member on 24/7 and got the decoder ring with my heavily discounted membership .That's about the only thing of value.I read but don't post . No one I know in Boone speaks highly of the ummm reporter but the recruiting data base I suppose is worth a look from time to time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”