Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

If you build it, they will come

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: If you build it, they will come

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:03 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:33 am
hapapp wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:08 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:02 am
hapapp wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:18 am
APPdiesel wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:02 pm

At that point if you want more teams in, make them play-in to get in. It was bogus a few years ago when we got in via winning the SB tournament and were stuck as a play in. We got smoked in that game, so an argument can be made we were right where we deserved to be, but still. A tournament champ shouldn’t be a play in.
We lost by one point, 54-53.
I stand corrected. I was remembering with my heart, not with my head.
In fairness, at one point we were getting smoked but came on late and had a chance to win.
On our show every week we bring on a Panthers podcaster named JJ Hardy. He said to us once “nobody remembers context a year later”. I was guilty of that. I forgot the context, but remembered how disappointed I was in App’s showing that night.
It is quite an interesting and factual truth. People seem to lose the context and automatically over emphasize the things that bring about frustration and disappointment in memories.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:08 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:03 am
APPdiesel wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:33 am
hapapp wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:08 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:02 am
hapapp wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:18 am

We lost by one point, 54-53.
I stand corrected. I was remembering with my heart, not with my head.
In fairness, at one point we were getting smoked but came on late and had a chance to win.
On our show every week we bring on a Panthers podcaster named JJ Hardy. He said to us once “nobody remembers context a year later”. I was guilty of that. I forgot the context, but remembered how disappointed I was in App’s showing that night.
It is quite an interesting and factual truth. People seem to lose the context and automatically over emphasize the things that bring about frustration and disappointment in memories.
I’ve always heard a saying “people won’t remember the words you said but they will always remember how you made them feel”.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:49 pm

If we didn't expand to hickory than one of our competitors would have. Hickory was always meant to be a long term investment. Long beyond the lives of most of us on this board. Trying to view it from any sort of short term stance is ignorant and silly. We can either expand like we did or wallow in our own misery being just that little mountain school. If anyone thinks NC would give Boone a big professional school you are delirious. If you want us to have a shot at one we needed a foothold in a transportation center like hickory. There is a reason that area is getting distribution centers, tech/server farms, and has been the shopping center for the region for decades. I could see our hickory presence expanding 10+ years from now. If you want the controlling foot print of western NC, you have to gain a hold of Hickory. It was a good move.

To tie it to the thread title, if you build it they will come.

Now if we could just build an old time train from our Boone campus to the hickory campus......

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:49 pm
If we didn't expand to hickory than one of our competitors would have. Hickory was always meant to be a long term investment. Long beyond the lives of most of us on this board. Trying to view it from any sort of short term stance is ignorant and silly. We can either expand like we did or wallow in our own misery being just that little mountain school. If anyone thinks NC would give Boone a big professional school you are delirious. If you want us to have a shot at one we needed a foothold in a transportation center like hickory. There is a reason that area is getting distribution centers, tech/server farms, and has been the shopping center for the region for decades. I could see our hickory presence expanding 10+ years from now. If you want the controlling foot print of western NC, you have to gain a hold of Hickory. It was a good move.

To tie it to the thread title, if you build it they will come.

Now if we could just build an old time train from our Boone campus to the hickory campus......
Agree.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:30 pm

How about a chair lift??? Better make it a high speed quad though.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:07 am

Hickory was a project started under Borkowski and continued with Peacock , the push coming from Raleigh as well as locally. BOT and the city have a vision for a “ campus” there . It will take many funding cycles.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”