Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

MBB vs Arkansas stAte, Friday, March 1, 2024, 6:30 p.m., ESPN+, Holmes Sweet Holmes, finale, #1 Defense v #1 Offense

BallantyneApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: MBB vs Arkansas stAte, Friday, March 1, 2024, 6:30 p.m., ESPN+, Holmes Sweet Holmes, finale, #1 Defense v #1 Offense

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:42 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:10 am
ah59396 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:33 am
This has got to be a weird moment for all the UNC fans on this board. Having to accept that App State basketball would whoop that Tar Heel butt this year. Hopefully we get into the dance so we can knock those bums out!
In Charlotte would make it sweeter
Would be so cathartic for our fanbase. Maybe even get a few of our App FB only alums to start questioning that baby blue

Stonewall

Re: MBB vs Arkansas stAte, Friday, March 1, 2024, 6:30 p.m., ESPN+, Holmes Sweet Holmes, finale, #1 Defense v #1 Offense

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:44 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:48 am
Stonewall wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:32 pm
One of the top performances of the year. Made the long drive up and back worth it despite the rain and fog. Entire football team was in attendance as they were given the day off and instructed to be there. Aguilar is a LEADER by the way. It’s clear being around him and his teammates, he’s got their confidence and respect.
The QBs sitting together in t shirts spelling out DUSTIN was cool to see.
It really was…they had a blast.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:47 am

Rewatching all of the videos and photos warms the heart. Hope the whole town was amped after the game! Go Apps! Rest up, and get ready for a cinderella run!

RaleighApp27609

Unread post by RaleighApp27609 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:01 am

Stonewall wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:41 am
Yes , he and his family- which is the most important thing - do love it here , not just his wife and kids but his entire family.However if an opportunity that can replicate that and substantially increase their income comes along he would have to pursue it. And we are no where near the ceiling. One of the players told me mid season that next years team could be better than this one. So could we build a “ Gonzaga of the South”. We could , but will we ? We will have to invest , and invest again but it’s doable. I’ve talked to Trustees who want to . It’s really up to supporters though , a few big donors and a couple of thousand small ones. It takes money . It takes everyone.
Dumb question I guess but outside of Yosef Club, how can small donors invest directly in the basketball program?

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:07 am

That’s the right question my friend. You can designate a donation to basketball through Yosef.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:09 am

App is in a really good place as we look forward to Pensacola:

1. Team is peaking at the right time
2. Plenty of scoring weapons
3. Stifling defense
4. No divas, no drama
4. Team is relatively healthy
5. Players are all-in on Kerns’ system
6. Kerns: exceptional HC & a great staff

Finally, what makes me exceptionally hopeful is this: there is NO QUIT in these kids. They play as hard when they’re up by 20 as they do if they’re down by 10. They don’t rattle easily when trailing and they don’t act foolish or become complacent when App is up big.

And there’s a good reason for this. When you lead people, everyone likes to talk about the importance of having folks on your team who are bright, hungry, competitive, etc. All of these are very important. But two attributes that are just as important are humility and integrity.

This team is special because they work hard, they’re coachable and they play for one another. Credit DK and this amazing staff for getting the right players on the bus and instilling them with a mentality that will serve them far after their playing days are done.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:17 am

Had a work event last night and could only watch first half, anyone know why the replay isn’t available on the +

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:20 am

Stonewall wrote:
Yes , he and his family- which is the most important thing - do love it here , not just his wife and kids but his entire family.However if an opportunity that can replicate that and substantially increase their income comes along he would have to pursue it. And we are no where near the ceiling. One of the players told me mid season that next years team could be better than this one. So could we build a “ Gonzaga of the South”. We could , but will we ? We will have to invest , and invest again but it’s doable. I’ve talked to Trustees who want to . It’s really up to supporters though , a few big donors and a couple of thousand small ones. It takes money . It takes everyone.
Exactly...the zags, Wichita State (back in the day), Butler etc. and now St. Marys....all started somewhere....at the end of the day, it comes down to resources and commitment from App. St. perspective....will we anti up the money and do we have it. In my opinion, it seems we have the facilities. Other larger schools are looking to reduce capacity of their gym.
From coaches perspective, it is a personal decision for family and does he think he can win here on the larger stage. Maybe or maybe not today...but will he be given what he needs to win tomorrow so to speak..Also, the more he wins, the more lucrative the other deals are.. Nike, etc.
The other concern (which outside coaches control at App to a certain degree)...will SBC always be a one team in NCAA tournament conference. That is a drawback as well.
I am sure there are other perspectives to the decision such as player nil that they get at P5 schools that impact recruiting, etc. personally, I would prefer to not be in the environment where the player may make more than the coach 😂😂.
If I could win in Boone and make decent salary, players get decent nil, etc. Be a great story. Kerns would never have to buy breakfast, lunch or dinner in Boone for life. 😂😂
I hope we can keep him. We are starting to see fan support grow.
#Take The Stairs
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:23 am

Bootsy wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:09 am

3. Stifling defense
4. No divas, no drama

Finally, what makes me exceptionally hopeful is this: there is NO QUIT in these kids. They play as hard when they’re up by 20 as they do if they’re down by 10. They don’t rattle easily when trailing and they don’t act foolish or become complacent when App is up big.

And there’s a good reason for this. When you lead people, everyone likes to talk about the importance of having folks on your team who are bright, hungry, competitive, etc. All of these are very important. But two attributes that are just as important are humility and integrity.

This team is special because they work hard, they’re coachable and they play for one another. Credit DK and this amazing staff for getting the right players on the bus and instilling them with a mentality that will serve them far after their playing days are done.
If Gregory can continue to knock down the 3, Marsh plays within the script and not try to do too much,...the others will continue to do what the do, we have a real good chance in most games. D is desire and our guys have it.
#99ForPresident!!

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:42 am

Stonewall wrote:
One thing we have going (and this feels weird to say) is fan support. I hit a bunch of mid-major games this season and outside of USF, students are not going to games.
Everyone loves a winner, but the seeds were planted this year to have a really solid home court advantage at Holmes. (And facilities wise, it’s mid pack or slightly better compared to a lot of other arenas there are on campus public institutions)

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:58 am

Bootsy wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:09 am

3. Stifling defense
4. No divas, no drama

What I notice is the smiles and genuine excitement that every player gets when a teammate does a great play. I think coach has instilled that 9 starters mentality and the team believes in it. A huge key is still Mantis. I don't know what his minutes are but I'd guess close to 10 a game. If he knocks down 2-3 treys and grabs 3 boards we seem to cruise. All jokes aside about free throws but Abson made that one adjustment of spreading his feet and he's like a different dude at the line. X is lightning fast and seems more confident driving for his shots. I watched him get back on defense a few times and the guy absolutely sprints every time.

9Steelman

Unread post by 9Steelman » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:33 am

ESPN+ forgot to download our game for replay. They are in process of correcting the error, they said within 12/24 hours it should be available.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:34 am

WBB also beat ark st later in the evening
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:47 pm

To put a bow on this, I recognize that everyone here has different feelings about the postgame celebration.

First, props to the Mothership for televising the festivities. I can’t recall seeing many televised celebrations after teams win the regular season crown. So ESPN cutting the broadcast right after the horn wouldn’t have been surprising. But they televised it.

Also, keep in mind that a LOT of eyes were watching that game and what happened after. Momentum is definitely building for the program and it won’t take much more to really grow student interest & engagement. But donor engagement is going to be critical to keep us at or above this level.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:53 pm

In terms of post game celebration. It is hard to win in college basketball it doesn't matter to me if App, or a perennial winner like UConn, UK, Dook, UNC.. celebrate. You accomplished something big.. winning your conference...if teams do not celebrate, their choice. IMO, celebrate the big moments along the way. It is part of the journey. Winning is hard .
#99ForPresident!!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:04 pm

We may have swept JMU in football and mens basketball but they are still better than us with throwing streamers, so they got that going for them.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:12 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:04 pm
We may have swept JMU in football and mens basketball but they are still better than us with throwing streamers, so they got that going for them.
On one of the Sun Belt message boards, they replied to a post by an App St. fan ..wait until April, we will beat you in baseball...😂😂
#99ForPresident!!

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:16 pm

All around amazing experience...the entire season, but last night especially....have so thoroughly enjoyed this team and season; not just the winning but they way they play; nothing but good things to say and still feeling the post game glow today. Totally worth making the drive and braving the weather. Loved it. After the game my 8 year old got to meet several of the players and got a pic taken with one with the trophy and he was just beaming smiling. APP!!!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:39 pm

Bootsy wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:47 pm
To put a bow on this, I recognize that everyone here has different feelings about the postgame celebration.

First, props to the Mothership for televising the festivities. I can’t recall seeing many televised celebrations after teams win the regular season crown. So ESPN cutting the broadcast right after the horn wouldn’t have been surprising. But they televised it.

Also, keep in mind that a LOT of eyes were watching that game and what happened after. Momentum is definitely building for the program and it won’t take much more to really grow student interest & engagement. But donor engagement is going to be critical to keep us at or above this level.
This game was only on ESPN+ wasn’t it?

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:07 pm

canes_mj wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:16 pm
All around amazing experience...the entire season, but last night especially....have so thoroughly enjoyed this team and season; not just the winning but they way they play; nothing but good things to say and still feeling the post game glow today. Totally worth making the drive and braving the weather. Loved it. After the game my 8 year old got to meet several of the players and got a pic taken with one with the trophy and he was just beaming smiling. APP!!!
Very cool. Enjoy the days with your youngster , they pass too soon. Way too soon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”