Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Portal season (Abson, Spillers, etc)

appst89
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Re: Portal season (Abson, Spillers, etc)

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

You just have no faith in the administration so you?
No. Given his body of work, and his starting point, Kerns should make at least as much as Clark. He doesn't. After making the NCAAs, the athletic department sould have pushed season tickets. They didn't. We had a group of guys who seemed to really like each other and now basically they have all left when they could have been really good next season. So, no, I don't have faith in the athletic's administration.
Thank you acknowledging this. This explains a lot.
You're quite welcome. I didn't know my frustration with Gillin since the end of the 2019 football season was a secret. The thing about you that I really don't get is why my position is so unacceptable to you.
I honestly don’t care what your position on anything is. I am only interested in understanding why you have the opinion that you do. This allows me to gauge the origin of yours or anyone’s position to adequately apply the correct amount of credence. In your case, you seem to be so entrenched in your disdain for the current administration that I don’t feel that you are capable of accepting facts that refute your position. You have proven that over and over. I honestly don’t care if Doug hit on your wife or peed on your dog, or vice versa. There is a blind hatred that doesn’t allow you to be open to facts. That is all. Have a fantastic day. God bless.
What facts? And who decided they were facts and not an opinion that lines with yours?

You don’t seem to be open to very much that doesn’t support your narrative.

Maybe you two aren’t so different?

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:00 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

You just have no faith in the administration so you?
No. Given his body of work, and his starting point, Kerns should make at least as much as Clark. He doesn't. After making the NCAAs, the athletic department sould have pushed season tickets. They didn't. We had a group of guys who seemed to really like each other and now basically they have all left when they could have been really good next season. So, no, I don't have faith in the athletic's administration.
You're quite welcome. I didn't know my frustration with Gillin since the end of the 2019 football season was a secret. The thing about you that I really don't get is why my position is so unacceptable to you.
I honestly don’t care what your position on anything is. I am only interested in understanding why you have the opinion that you do. This allows me to gauge the origin of yours or anyone’s position to adequately apply the correct amount of credence. In your case, you seem to be so entrenched in your disdain for the current administration that I don’t feel that you are capable of accepting facts that refute your position. You have proven that over and over. I honestly don’t care if Doug kicked your wife or peed on your dog, or vice versa. There is a blind hatred that doesn’t allow you to be open to facts. That is all. Have a fantastic day. God bless.
You call me a troll for expressing my opinion. If you want to understand my perspective on Gillin over the past several years (none of this is new), here it is:

I think Clark was a lazy hire given where football was after 2019. Extending Clark made absolutely no sense to me. Getting rid of men's soccer looked like a move to appear fiscally responsible. Promises made (or whatever you want to call them) about East side expansion were irresponsible (and you definitely cosigned that here). Kerns has not gotten support. Only coach to win a conference title, a tournament title, take us to the NCAAs and the NIT. I think a contract should have been done a while ago. And if Kerns turned an offer down, let App Nation know. I think Gillin has wanted out since 2020 and has done things (see above) to make me think that. I'm entitled to my opinion and have expressed it. You are entitled to yours. Personally, I think you owe a mea culpa on the stadium expansion. But whatever.

Agree or disagree, maybe you can leave my wife out of our disagreement?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:05 pm

appst89 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am
AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:

I honestly don’t care what your position on anything is. I am only interested in understanding why you have the opinion that you do. This allows me to gauge the origin of yours or anyone’s position to adequately apply the correct amount of credence. In your case, you seem to be so entrenched in your disdain for the current administration that I don’t feel that you are capable of accepting facts that refute your position. You have proven that over and over. I honestly don’t care if Doug hit on your wife or peed on your dog, or vice versa. There is a blind hatred that doesn’t allow you to be open to facts. That is all. Have a fantastic day. God bless.
What facts? And who decided they were facts and not an opinion that lines with yours?

Maybe you two aren’t son different?
My narrative is to present information based on what I know from speaking with people that know what is going on and not assuming. Do I have an opinion? Yes. Do I offer counterpoints? Yes. Have I ever stated that someone was wrong with factual information? Possibly, if it contradicts what I was told. Do I call people names and act of line on this board? No.

But hey. Thanks for chiming in. It suits your MO. Have a blessed day.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:05 pm
appst89 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

My narrative is to present information based on what I know from speaking with people that know what is going on and not assuming. Do I have an opinion? Yes. Do I offer counterpoints? Yes. Have I ever stated that someone was wrong with factual information? Possibly, if it contradicts what I was told. Do I call people names and act of line on this board? No.

Thanks for the concern Mr. Passive Aggressive.

You never act out of line and I don’t believe I ever said otherwise. You just get pissy when anyone dares to doubt something you say as the absolute gospel.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:26 pm

appst89 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:

You never act out of line and I don’t believe I ever said otherwise. You just get pissy when anyone dares to doubt something you say as the absolute gospel.

On Mar 04, 2024 7:31 pm he did say in response to my calling him out on the East side "GTFOH troll". And he did just say something about my wife getting kicked or pissed on. But I don't mind. I'm sure it all comes from a place of inside information.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm

appst89 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:

I get pissy? How does one emote pissy on a message board?

Speaking of passive aggressive, as an admin you are one of the worst posters on this board. You have a select group of folks that you don’t like. You won’t say anything until someone starts fighting with said folks and then you want to jump in and join the fray. I guess it’s the perks of the power trip.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm

Setting the pissing contest aside: who on scholarship is not in the portal?

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

I came here to talk about App sports and kick ass, and I'm all out of posts about App sports.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm
appst89 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

Speaking of passive aggressive, as an admin you are one of the worst posters on this board. You have a select group of folks that you don’t like. You won’t say anything until someone starts fighting with said folks and then you want to jump in and join the fray. I guess it’s the perks of the power trip.
If I’m posting as an admin I make it clear. Otherwise I’m posting my opinion, which I believe you said is allowed. Or are you now saying I can’t have an opinion? Gotta make up your mind. I can’t follow all your rules and all your facts.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

appst89 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm
appst89 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
appst89 wrote:

If I’m posting as an admin I make it clear. Otherwise I’m posting my opinion, which I believe you said is allowed. Or are you now saying I can’t have an opinion? Gotta make up your mind. I can’t follow all your rules and all your facts.
The only facts that exist are things said by people who hear rumors who were near Jack Branch. Everything else is an opinion, and is wrong.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm
Wilson.

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm

Remember a month ago when this team was celebrated for being like 13/14 players being “homegrown” talent.

Damn

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm

Wish someone would speak out that is directly connected to the university/athletic department. A few portal hoppers might be expected or even acceptable but an entire team?!?!? One thing I will say is that at best it’s strange.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm
I came here to talk about App sports and kick ass, and I'm all out of posts about App sports.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 pm

At least we don’t have to worry about anyone else entering the portal

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Rek and Bamboo
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

So, Denver what do you know about the herpes outbreak in our basketball programs?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Rek and Bamboo
We are in a world of do do…..

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Rek and Bamboo
We are in a world of do do…..
IMHO, that is worse than piss😂😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”