Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Meatloaf RIP

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Meatloaf RIP

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:54 am

This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NewApp

Singer and Actor, Meat Loaf Passes

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:57 am

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mea ... 42126.html

Meat Loaf, the hardworking singer and actor whose Bat Out of Hell is one of the best-selling albums ever and who played Eddie in The Rocky Horror Picture Show, has died. He was 74.

The Grammy winner born Marvin Lee Aday died Thursday night surrounded by his wife Deborah, daughters Pearl and Amanda and close friends, Meat Loaf’s longtime agent Michael Greene told Deadline on behalf of the family. A cause of death is not being released.
Written and produced by Jim Steinman, Meat Loaf’s Bat Out of Hell is among the best-selling albums in history, racking up 14 million units sold in the U.S. alone. Worldwide sales estimates go as high as 30 million. Its U.S. singles “Two of Three Ain’t Bad” and “Paradise by the Dashboard Light” peaked at No. 11 and No. 39, respectively, but both were certified platinum four decades later in 2018.

Meat Loaf and Steinman also collaborated on the 1993 album Bat Out of Hell II: Back Into Hell, which has sold more than 5 million units in the U.S. alone. Its platinum lead single “I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That)” spent five weeks at No. 1 in the U.S. and UK to become by far Meat Loaf’s biggest hit. Meat Loaf the Grammy for Best Rock Performance, Solo.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Appst86

Re: Meatloaf RIP

Unread post by Appst86 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:14 am

Sad news. I can still "see paradise by the dashboard light".

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:22 am

He was a witness to , and actually played a minor role in the tragic drama that unfolded in Dallas on 11-22-1963.I have heard him tell the story and it is worth your time if you can find it and care about such things.May he rest in peace ....

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:01 pm

Per multiple sources...no cause of death has been released for publication by medical authorities but it's public knowledge that he was being treated for Covid-19.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:45 pm

asu66 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:01 pm
Per multiple sources...no cause of death has been released for publication by medical authorities but it's public knowledge that he was being treated for Covid-19.
I read he was surrounded by his family so it was not a sudden heart attack if that sort of report is to be believed, though he had a few heart attacks in his past. Your mentioning Covid-19 would make sense in that some will not mention that as the cause but it would allow time to have family at the bedside. I have read he was anti-vax so if that is true then things start to line up. I expected more out of Eddie if all of this is true.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”