Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ISO long term family rental house

AppRocks
School: Appalachian State

ISO long term family rental house

Unread post by AppRocks » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:37 am

I feel like I know a bunch of you as I have read this page religiously for years but just never posted. I think my wife has trained me to keep my opinions to myself.

I am an 07 Geology grad (hence the name) from our great university. I am living most App grads dream of moving back up the mountain. I have landed a job with Pella Windows and doors as the Replacement Rep for Boone and the high country, Hickory and Morganton.

I am training at the moment in Raleigh, GBO and CLT but will need to start making my way up there in the next 2-3 months.

Finding a place to live is tough!! We are going to rent at first to get settled, sell our house in Raleigh and figure out where we want to live. 80% of the rentals are designed for students and don’t become available until August. A lot that comes up is in areas surrounded by other students that would not be conducive with a put together family raising two kids, a boy 10 and girl 7. Anything that would work might last a day and to be the first to respond I have been refreshing Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist every 5 mins.

Loooong story short-
I wanted to see if anyone on here is looking for some consistent rental income from a family that won’t destroy their property. I would be looking to start the lease around 4/1 but we could work on that if needed. I would be looking for a year plus lease to get us through the end of next school year for the kids. 2 or 3 bedroom with some outdoor space would be ideal. We do have a well behaved older beagle and a cat.
Just let me know if you have anything or a direct contact that I could touch base with.
Thanks so much from one App to another!

BambooRdApp

Re: ISO long term family rental house

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:31 am

This is really not a solution..maybe ST alternative...and not ideal for kids as change schools twice. Have you thought about rental in Lenoir area until you find perm home in Boone. You have access to clients in Hickory and Morganton. In addition, short drive on weekends /weekdays to get to High Country to look for perm home.

Another thought. Reach out to some Aurbnb owners and tell your story. Some may like to have consistent rental knowing that not lon term.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:54 am

Not sure if they have rental properties, but 828 Real Estate is owned by an App grad. If they don’t have rentals, they could probably refer you in the right direction and also find you a permanent home when ready.

AppRocks

Unread post by AppRocks » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:31 am

Great thanks guys. Yeah we would consider Hickory/Morganton/Lenoir if we find something decent. The thing that is crazy is the number of scams out there, because the market is so hot.

People pull pictures off MLS from a recently sold house and then list it as a rental trying to get you to send money to secure it.

So you need to be quick but careful at the same time and it would be best to know the landlord.

Thanks for your help everyone!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:19 am

AppRocks wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:31 am
Great thanks guys. Yeah we would consider Hickory/Morganton/Lenoir if we find something decent. The thing that is crazy is the number of scams out there, because the market is so hot.

People pull pictures off MLS from a recently sold house and then list it as a rental trying to get you to send money to secure it.

So you need to be quick but careful at the same time and it would be best to know the landlord.

Thanks for your help everyone!
Your best best is to honestly go through a realtor. It cost you absolutely nothing going that route and they verify its 100% legit.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:55 am

AppRocks wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:31 am
The thing that is crazy is the number of scams out there, because the market is so hot.

I've had tenants get duped off of scam CL ads. I just read about someone out in Cali having their home "leased" by a scam artist. The owner showed up to see people they have never met before moved into their property. Terrible situation for the owner and "tenants". The tenants have essentially established residency and the owner has to go through the legal process of evicting the "tenants" if they do not agree to leave. Also leaves the people who were scammed looking for new housing.

If you're renting from an individual, you can always check the county website tax records to verify they are the actual owners. Definitely do your due diligence if you're not working through a broker.

As others have suggested, check Lenoir and Fleetwood/Jefferson area to find something affordable and not geared towards students.

Not sure what your price range is but here is a few from a quick search.

2BR/2BA $1,110 (towards Meat Camp)
https://www.rent.com/north-carolina/boo ... v108645546

2BR/2BA $1,510 (Deep Gap/Rutherwood--Parkway school district)
https://www.rent.com/north-carolina/boo ... v108904554

3BR/2BA $1,010 (Blowing Rock)
https://www.rent.com/north-carolina/blo ... v148052471

2BR/1BA $1,000 (Fleetwood)
https://www.rent.com/north-carolina/fle ... v206336348
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

jeller2315

Unread post by jeller2315 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:14 am

I sent you a PM

AppRocks

Unread post by AppRocks » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:21 am

Thanks. Yeah rent.com pulls from say Boone High Country Rentals but kind of late and they stay up after they are already rented. You can see some of those still have leaves on the trees. I have gotten excited a few times only to be told they signed a lease months ago on a property. What I basically have to do is scan all of the individual websites constantly to try to catch something the minute it posts. We might just have to pitch some tents at my brother's house in Winston!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:02 pm

Bill Aceto is a local realtor with a good reputation , as well as being a huge App supporter(and Grad)

Oldlknapp

Unread post by Oldlknapp » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:11 pm

I sent you a PM.

AppRocks

Unread post by AppRocks » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:21 pm

I sent Bill an email thanks!

AppRocks

Unread post by AppRocks » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:34 pm

Thanks everyone for the help. The app community always amazes me how well we care for each other. If anyone else has anything let me know. I will add to the game conversation soon as well.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:29 am

Good luck. We will all be over for Tailgating festivities prior to home games!! 😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppRocks

Unread post by AppRocks » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:05 pm

Haha I might need to start a shuttle service. Bill was great btw Stonewall.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:58 pm

New name for Kidd Brewer will be Nigerian Prince Stadium in 3, 2, 1......

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:21 am

Glad to see our fellow Apps jump in to help here. The real estate market is beyond red hot up here and vacation rentals continue to grow. Last summer was the busiest I've ever seen in terms of traffic and people. Guess folks are trying to escape heat and bugs (the flying kind and the covid kind).

AppRocks

Unread post by AppRocks » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:16 am

I can second the comment about the heat. I came to App from NY actually back in 03 and it was a very easy transition weather wise.
Met my wife who was from Raleigh and been here since 08. To me May to mid October is awful. I hate sweating within 3 minutes of walking outside. People who are not from the greater southeast see the Long term summer average high temperatures on say Wikipedia as 94 but those snap shot sites rarely show the real feel temps that Raleigh and east are very regularly above 100!
My son has played and I have coached travel baseball all across Eastern NC for several years now and it is rough.

AppRocks

Unread post by AppRocks » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:27 am

I just wanted to hit refresh on this in case anyone else had something become available. We are still wavering between buying and renting as the search progresses. The new job with Pella Windows is going great though and I should be set up to be in the high country for the long term!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:12 am

Stumbled upon a few listings of some really appealing homes in Caldwell County and taken aback as to how low they are priced versus Boone/BRock.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”