Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Ol - That Carolina Way -

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Ol - That Carolina Way -

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:54 am

Most of us get a real laugh out of this - the largest academic scandal that I have ever heard of - all of the other crap they have been involved with - the way they "try" to treat all of the other state schools - all the hypocrisy!!! - And now the total f-up with the Nikole Hannah-Jones and the tenure debacle - I heard her on PBS this morning saying she was turning down the UNC position - As she said, this position has been in existence since the 1980s and everyone who has filled this position came into it with automatic tenure - but she was not initially granted tenure and as she said this morning, "This position has always had tenure upon acceptance for everyone but me, of course, all my predecessors were white" --- I want no part of the carolina way :o :o :o
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

BeauFoster
School: Appalachian State

Re: Ol - That Carolina Way -

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:15 pm

I have no idea whether her tenure (or lack there of) was racially motivated or not, but even a basic understanding of employment law shows that you can’t treat someone differently than all their predecessors without potential repercussions (or a valid reason). Dr Fox taught me that my sophomore year. You’d think the academics in chapel hill would know this.
Give 'em hell!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”