Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

He's baaack...Cam,is this good?

appdaze

Re: He's baaack...Cam,is this good?

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:28 am

appvette wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:21 pm
I always thought Cam jumped backwards in anticipation of the ball bouncing towards him but he just misjudged it. He's proven countless times that he'll put his body on the line to get an extra yard (to a fault). Why would he suddenly be scared to jump on it in the biggest moment of his life?
What play did you see? It sure wasn't this one. The ball was rolling......not bouncing.

wow. so NFL material is blocked. I made the link a Bitly so here https://bit.ly/3HlWsSr

Cro-Magnon App
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:56 pm

No telling what was on that cat’s mind.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:16 pm

APPChad90 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:06 pm
I have attended every Carolina Panthers game ever played at BOA including preseason games but minus Covid games due to restrictions. I went to bed Sunday night knowing the Panthers are in QB purgatory and disgusted with all the opposing fans that have invaded our stadium due to disinterested PSL owners. I woke up in the middle of the night saying to myself it’s time, bring Cam home. We have nothing to lose. The team needs juice, the stadium damn sure needs juice and I need some juice. When Cam arrived he noticed the abundant attendance of the opposing fans and vowed to change it. I loved this and he went about changing the stadium atmosphere with his energy and his talents. He brought it with his celebrations, his football giveaways to kids, and his leading the stadium in “Sweet Caroline” signaling a Panthers W. I freaking loved it the Sunday he ripped down a “Carolina Packers” sign from the sideline wall. He was our guy and he did some bad ass stuff to back it up. I have no idea how his return plays out but I’m excited to find out and watch it unfold. Since the announcement, I understand ticket demand on the secondary market has gone nuts. Love him or hate him we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Let’s Go Cam, bring on the juice!
Wo there Chad. That's a bunch of money that could have help educated a lot of App student athletes. We are not Panthers around here. Remember, they effed Armanti

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:17 pm

First play, touchdown.

Haters will hate.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:22 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:17 pm
First play, touchdown.

Haters will hate.
Annnnnddd the flag or his unsportsman like conduct.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:26 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:22 pm
yosef69 wrote:
First play, touchdown.

Haters will hate.
Who cares? It is enforced on the kickoff.

Btw he has touched the ball twice and we have scored twice.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:39 pm

appdaze wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
First play, touchdown.

Haters will hate.
Aaaand how many people on here defended all of Parker's dumbass "He's just playing nasty" penalties over the years?

Let the man celebrate.

AppySprayberry

Unread post by AppySprayberry » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:51 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:26 pm
appdaze wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
First play, touchdown.

Haters will hate.

1 touchdown in the last 35 drives. 2 today on our first two drives, both coming from cam.

I believe he got called for the unsportsmanlike because he took his helmet off while still on the field. That’s not enforced all that often (pretty sure a defensive player did the same thing after the interception). He wasn’t in someone’s face talking trash. He didn’t do anything obscene. He was literally penalized because he was so excited to have scored a touchdown for our team. I’ll take that meaningless penalty all day.

No one has ever been that excited to be playing for the panthers before. If any “fan” has an issue with it, they should go clutch their pearls for another team.

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:59 pm

Some people just love to hate on Cam. I for one at glad to be wearing his jersey again. I know they are playing a Cardinal team without Murray, but they look excited and energized this week when they haven’t in several. I think that has a lot to do with the energy Cam brings.
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:09 pm

yosef69 wrote:
appdaze wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
First play, touchdown.

Haters will hate.

That penalty was ridiculous. A guy can recover a fumble and the entire defense runs into the endzone and they do some stupid pose and no penalty. Cam yells “I’m back” and it’s unsportsmanlike

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:11 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:09 pm
yosef69 wrote:
appdaze wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
First play, touchdown.

Haters will hate.

That penalty was ridiculous. A guy can recover a fumble and the entire defense runs into the endzone and they do some stupid pose and no penalty. Cam yells “I’m back” and it’s unsportsmanlike
He took his helmet off, which is unsportsmanlike by the letter of the law but let the man celebrate a little.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:11 pm

Darnold is awful and has probably played his last game in the league. Panthers should have come in 6-3 today. Line played great. Gonna be a completely different team now

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:42 pm

I’m not a Cam fan…but he did energize the team today….

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:48 pm

A2534 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:42 pm
AppYosef! wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:49 pm
Makes me want to sell my PSL I’ve had since the very beginning…. Or at least skip their remaining home games. I was so glad when they cut him loose. Cam quite simply can not make accurate passes.
Unfortunately Cam can't run anymore either. Goes to show how low the program is on offense.
How's that crow taste?
The Appalachian State

APPChad90

Unread post by APPChad90 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:56 pm

CVAPP wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:16 pm
APPChad90 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:06 pm
I have attended every Carolina Panthers game ever played at BOA including preseason games but minus Covid games due to restrictions. I went to bed Sunday night knowing the Panthers are in QB purgatory and disgusted with all the opposing fans that have invaded our stadium due to disinterested PSL owners. I woke up in the middle of the night saying to myself it’s time, bring Cam home. We have nothing to lose. The team needs juice, the stadium damn sure needs juice and I need some juice. When Cam arrived he noticed the abundant attendance of the opposing fans and vowed to change it. I loved this and he went about changing the stadium atmosphere with his energy and his talents. He brought it with his celebrations, his football giveaways to kids, and his leading the stadium in “Sweet Caroline” signaling a Panthers W. I freaking loved it the Sunday he ripped down a “Carolina Packers” sign from the sideline wall. He was our guy and he did some bad ass stuff to back it up. I have no idea how his return plays out but I’m excited to find out and watch it unfold. Since the announcement, I understand ticket demand on the secondary market has gone nuts. Love him or hate him we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Let’s Go Cam, bring on the juice!
Wo there Chad. That's a bunch of money that could have help educated a lot of App student athletes. We are not Panthers around here. Remember, they effed Armanti
CV, I’m sure you speak for many but thanks for calling me out. Sure feels like a low blow though. Perhaps one day we could meet up for a beer and discuss choices and loyalties and how fandom comes about. For now, maybe you will be glad I’m a Yosef member and season ticket holder in section 111 who attends and stays till the end of all games. As far as Armanti, the Panthers wouldn’t be the first organization to disappoint members of a fan base for their handling of a given player, including one I beloved too.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:09 pm

AppySprayberry wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:51 pm
yosef69 wrote:
appdaze wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
First play, touchdown.

Haters will hate.

1 touchdown in the last 35 drives. 2 today on our first two drives, both coming from cam.

I believe he got called for the unsportsmanlike because he took his helmet off while still on the field. That’s not enforced all that often (pretty sure a defensive player did the same thing after the interception). He wasn’t in someone’s face talking trash. He didn’t do anything obscene. He was literally penalized because he was so excited to have scored a touchdown for our team. I’ll take that meaningless penalty all day.

No one has ever been that excited to be playing for the panthers before. If any “fan” has an issue with it, they should go clutch their pearls for another team.
Never been that excited? I guess you missed Julius Peppers years. I do take issue with it just like I would if one of Apps players did it. You can be a "fan" as you so kindly put it and still take issue with things that happen. They brought him in as a 6-5 250lb running back at goal line. Those were his bread and butter moments for his whole career because even though he has definitely lost a step, its still tough for even nfl defenses to stop that much power from going forward a few yards, or galloping to a corner. If he can be a true starting QB again at a high level then I will eat crow for thanksgiving and Christmas, but for now he was just used as a pace changer/gimmick in this game because he doesn't know the current offense. Side note. PJ is now 5-0 in the XFL and 1-0 as an NFL starter. He's still just 26.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:17 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:09 pm
AppySprayberry wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
appdaze wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
First play, touchdown.

Haters will hate.

Never been that excited? I guess you missed Julius Peppers years. I do take issue with it just like I would if one of Apps players did it. You can be a "fan" as you so kindly put it and still take issue with things that happen. They brought him in as a 6-5 250lb running back at goal line. Those were his bread and butter moments for his whole career because even though he has definitely lost a step, its still tough for even nfl defenses to stop that much power from going forward a few yards, or galloping to a corner. If he can be a true starting QB again at a high level then I will eat crow for thanksgiving and Christmas, but for now he was just used as a pace changer/gimmick in this game because he doesn't know the current offense. Side note. PJ is now 5-0 in the XFL and 1-0 as an NFL starter. He's still just 26.
You have no idea what you’re talking about. He was signed 3 days ago. When he knows the play book he will be the starter.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:46 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:17 pm
appdaze wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:09 pm
AppySprayberry wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
appdaze wrote:

You have no idea what you’re talking about. He was signed 3 days ago. When he knows the play book he will be the starter.
I am well aware that he was signed 3 days ago champ. I am not disputing that he will be the starter once he knows the plays. Which part are you referring to though? Because I am pretty sure you don't know what you are talking about in reference to my post.

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:39 am

appdaze wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:28 am
appvette wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:21 pm
I always thought Cam jumped backwards in anticipation of the ball bouncing towards him but he just misjudged it. He's proven countless times that he'll put his body on the line to get an extra yard (to a fault). Why would he suddenly be scared to jump on it in the biggest moment of his life?
What play did you see? It sure wasn't this one. The ball was rolling......not bouncing.

wow. so NFL material is blocked. I made the link a Bitly so here https://bit.ly/3HlWsSr

What I meant was he might have been anticipating the ball bouncing off of the defender's arm as he jumped towards it. It happens all the time. The defender beat Cam to it so there was no benefit for him to jump on top of the defender if he secured it. So his only chance was to hope it would "squirt" out from the defender and Cam needed to be further back to make a play on it. It sounds far fetched, but less so than saying he was afraid to jump on the ball after years of way more violent plays.

asumba95

Unread post by asumba95 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:02 am

In all the Cam noise, I think people are ignoring the play of PJ Walker and what a healthy McCaffrey means to this team. Yes, Cam gave some juice, but it was the play of Walker and others that marched the ball to the goal line on those series. Defense played great as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”