BooneKarate
School: Appalachian State

Re: Women's Soccer Defeats Ga Southern

Unread post by BooneKarate » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:34 am

AppGrad78 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:54 pm
BooneKarate wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:17 pm
When do we get a new coach who can turn the program around like O'Keefe has done for the men? Maybe it sounds ridiculous that I'm bringing this up, but when has Strickland ever been a winning coach? Any time in the last 5 years? Let's be winners. DG hired winning coaches so far (jury out on Kerns without a game played). Drink already with a monumental win. Hoerner turned softball around in 2 years. O'Keefe turned Men's Soccer in 2 years. Let's be winners.

It's not about firing Strickland, it's about having a winning coach. If she was one, I'd be all for her. She's had plenty of time to be one and plenty of excuses on why she isn't one.
Not sure what your beef is with coach Strickland. I get the winning part. I'm frustrated too. But most of us understand that winning is less likely when the program isn't fully funded. This sounds more like a personal issue.
It's winning. Same beef I had with Fox. Thought Fox was a great guy and could really work some of us donors, but the man couldn't win and was making the program irrelevant. If Drink was losing right now, we'd have the same beef with him. All of us would.

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:37 am

NewApp wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:14 am
asu66 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:52 pm
BooneKarate wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:18 am
If ya'll enjoy ties, then keep watching our women's soccer team then. I'll be watching O'Keefe with the Men's Soccer team. 6 wins out of 9 games so far. And believe it or not, he's actually won a game on the road. Crazy concept for the women's coaching staff.A/quote]

Take your meds, man. I merely mentioned to NewApp that a tie earns a point in Sun Belt Conference soccer standings. That's better than a loss; and yes, it's not as good as a win. Regardless, try supporting every team that wears the App State B & G!
Good advice to everyone, 66.
I'm here to support. That's why I follow it. I don't want to just give up on Women's Soccer, but I don't want to watch a team who doesn't win either. As others stated, we have players who are capable of winning. I feel like it's coaching. If you've got data to show me she's a good coach, I'm here for it.

But I do support all App teams. Been supporting them all for a while now. That's why I know just as well as you all do that DG has hires winners. I want another winner. Let's win.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:53 pm

Abbey also tore her ACL with that game winning score against GaSo. This team can't catch a break. I'll keep cheering for the ladies who are still standing ... a number that seems to dwindle by the day. Depth is non-existent when you've got that many injured.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:12 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:53 pm
Abbey also tore her ACL with that game winning score against GaSo. This team can't catch a break. I'll keep cheering for the ladies who are still standing ... a number that seems to dwindle by the day. Depth is non-existent when you've got that many injured.
As of next week, this team will have had SEVEN players undergo ACL repair surgery this season.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:14 pm

Reason for injuries... New Turf?... S&C?
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:32 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:14 pm
Soccer is a knee killer. Think of two opponents converging on opposite sides of the ball. No turf change or S&C regimen can prevent the shock to the knee when those players hit the ball at the same time. Then there's ordinary tackling and shooting.

Torn ACL's, torn quads, and ankle injuries are part of the game. Our ladies have had a run of the toughest injury to rehab (ACL tear). The mental side of ACL recovery is almost tougher than the physical (remember how long it took Nick Chubb to recover from ACL surgery even with all the resources available to him at UGA?)

#GiveYosef

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:46 am

Oh look, 2 more losses. Who's got the math this time on how far away from .500 they are? Please DG, find me a winning coach...

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:22 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:32 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:14 pm
Soccer is a knee killer. Think of two opponents converging on opposite sides of the ball. No turf change or S&C regimen can prevent the shock to the knee when those players hit the ball at the same time. Then there's ordinary tackling and shooting.

Torn ACL's, torn quads, and ankle injuries are part of the game. Our ladies have had a run of the toughest injury to rehab (ACL tear). The mental side of ACL recovery is almost tougher than the physical (remember how long it took Nick Chubb to recover from ACL surgery even with all the resources available to him at UGA?)
Unfortunately, women are more susceptible to this injury than men. In part, because women are more flexible they are prone to hyperextension of the knee which can contribute to ACL injuries.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:28 am

BooneKarate wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:46 am
Oh look, 2 more losses. Who's got the math this time on how far away from .500 they are? Please DG, find me a winning coach...
I take it you've got a vested interest in the record of the women's soccer program. Perhaps a daughter who plays? If you want to discuss a coach's performance with Doug Gillin, it makes sense to me to address your concerns directly to him. His email is gillindp@appstate.edu. If, on the other hand, you simply want to stir the pot anonymously, you're in the right place.

#GiveYosef

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:45 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:28 am
BooneKarate wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:46 am
I take it you've got a vested interest in the record of the women's soccer program. Perhaps a daughter who plays? If you want to discuss a coach's performance with Doug Gillin, it makes sense to me to address your concerns directly to him. His email is gillindp@appstate.edu. If, on the other hand, you simply want to stir the pot anonymously, you're in the right place.
Don't we all have a vested interest in all of our sports teams wearing the Block A? Football and Volleyball are doing great. Matt has Volleyball trending up and they're an exciting squad to watch. I also love his transparency on social media when there is a loss and he steps in and says "here's what we could've done better and we're going to work on it". I mean that's just awesome to hear that from a coach IMO. (Let's also note that he lost his entire coaching staff over the summer and they haven't lost momentum yet). Drink is clearly going the right direction with Football without any further explanation needed. O'Keefe is trending up with Men's Soccer.

I want Women's Soccer to trend up with the rest of the sports. Not be the red headed step child nobody cares about because we can't win.

Daphne - do you not want to see a winning women's soccer program?

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:51 am

BooneKarate wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:45 am
I always want to win at everything. That's one of the reasons I've spent so much time and effort promoting the Yosef Club. Competitive programs require more dollars than our athletic department has. Hopefully, you're a long-term Yosef member, too.

#GiveYosef

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:53 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:51 am
BooneKarate wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:45 am
I always want to win at everything. That's one of the reasons I've spent so much time and effort promoting the Yosef Club. Competitive programs require more dollars than our athletic department has. Hopefully, you're a long-term Yosef member, too.
Been involved with the Yosef Club since I graduated.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Olympic Sports”