Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Dir. of Annual Giving for Athletics

asu66
School: Appalachian State

Dir. of Annual Giving for Athletics

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:07 pm

New Position Description: Director of Annual Giving for Athletics

Proposed Date of Hire: 04/04/2016

Details: https://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/9882
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

DaphneUrquhart

Re: Dir. of Annual Giving for Athletics

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:15 pm

Is this new or was this Leigh Morrow's position? I still haven't figured out if Brian Tracy's position is new or is supposed to be what Rick Beasley used to do.

The following comments are my opinion only:
It would seem that we're bifurcating annual giving and outside fundraising. That would give us two tiers of donors / customers - plain old Yosef members and large donor non-annual giving folks / companies. The Yosef members would continue to receive benefits like stickers and license plates ... and maybe preferred parking? The large donors would get whatever benefits they "buy" - naming rights, paved plaza behind their parking spaces, etc?

Time will tell. Either way, I'm in it for the long haul for all of our student-athletes.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:23 pm

bifurcating = split

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:47 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:bifurcating = split
Yes ... and? :D

#GiveYosef

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:59 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:Is this new or was this Leigh Morrow's position? I still haven't figured out if Brian Tracy's position is new or is supposed to be what Rick Beasley used to do.

The following comments are my opinion only:
It would seem that we're bifurcating annual giving and outside fundraising. That would give us two tiers of donors / customers - plain old Yosef members and large donor non-annual giving folks / companies. The Yosef members would continue to receive benefits like stickers and license plates ... and maybe preferred parking? The large donors would get whatever benefits they "buy" - naming rights, paved plaza behind their parking spaces, etc?

Time will tell. Either way, I'm in it for the long haul for all of our student-athletes.
I want to think it's Leigh Morrow's position, because it was posted on Jan.8. It's not that new. That said, please don't ask me to prove it. :?
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

IGgreer

Unread post by IGgreer » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:12 am

Why are all these people following that oaf Cobb to Ga State?

Higher pay?

Allure of a big city?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:21 am

1. They need a job
2. Gillan must see the need for improvement...........

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:32 am

Gillin is bringing a business approach to a department that has never been run by like businesses are run outside of academia. This is a change in the prior culture and may be difficult for some.

That said I know Leigh and I don't think she'd run from that culture. In the world of college athletic administration those that move up often work at many different colleges for 3-4 years stints.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:38 am

Leigh Morrow is a true gem - bright, efficient, organized, hardworking. We lost a good one when we lost Leigh. I would not be surprised to see her as an AD many years from now.

There is / has been a need for changes in athletic administrative culture (IMO). While there are things that we can't do soon enough (build young alum Yosef base, grow student Yosef, utilize available technology / social media, etc), there may be others that need a more considered turning effort to make certain we don't alienate a significant number of long term donors.

I've seen figures that suggest that we do more with fewer staff than most universities our size. I'm not sure that Gillin wants to be known or should be known as the "AD Who Does the Most with the Least". I wouldn't be surprised to see the athletic staff grow by several positions over the next few years.

#GiveYosef

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:55 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:Leigh Morrow is a true gem - bright, efficient, organized, hardworking. We lost a good one when we lost Leigh. I would not be surprised to see her as an AD many years from now.

There is / has been a need for changes in athletic administrative culture (IMO). While there are things that we can't do soon enough (build young alum Yosef base, grow student Yosef, utilize available technology / social media, etc), there may be others that need a more considered turning effort to make certain we don't alienate a significant number of long term donors.

I've seen figures that suggest that we do more with fewer staff than most universities our size. I'm not sure that Gillin wants to be known or should be known as the "AD Who Does the Most with the Least". I wouldn't be surprised to see the athletic staff grow by several positions over the next few years.

Leigh will do great things in her career. Maybe someday she'll come home and be the boss.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”