Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Track teams

proasu89
School: Appalachian State

Re: Track teams

Unread post by proasu89 » Tue May 25, 2021 9:46 pm

NewApp wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:48 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:21 am
NewApp: What is it you want exactly? You take a lot of vague swipes at other people then become the biggest victim on the board when someone challenges you on it. Clearly you have nothing to do as you are starting these threads in what looks to be nothing more than an attempt to get people to fight with you or fight with one another. I've been reading your posts and while one can debate the track removal, non-revenue sports argument all day, all I read from you by your own admission is you don't really donate to the Yosef Club, but complain about the lack of funding for non-revenue sports, while also bragging about never missing a football game and all that comes with the stadium enhancements but also complaining about the current state of the football program and how much it costs.

Seems to me its pretty simple. Why don't you boycott football or just App State athletics in general since you feel the money is being so badly mismanaged. Or instead of the money you pay to attend football games, why not donate that to the Yosef Club?

I'm failing to see what you are trying to get out of this besides good old fashioned bitching and baiting. Hell I took the bait so you can take that victory lap. Many posters are agreeing with you in theory, but I have yet to see you offer one solution to your grievances.
Any vague swipe is totally in your imagination. And certainly not baiting. Furthermore, many posts on this thread have said exactly what I say. No victim here. Just griping about fair play. Too, I don't brag about following App, just pointing out what can and do do regarding about ASU athletics.
Now get over your suspicious mind.

It would be pretty asinine to donate to Yosef and yet see no games. Would you do that??? Huh? Now go pick on somebody else in your spare time.
As to suggested solution...it's too late. I would have and did suggest we do the 105 project first before we built what I sort of think of as a boondogle and show piece. It's cute, but is it worth $50M? And having to do without a track like any decent high school has.Just asking.

Have you told the other posters who are griping to boycott athletics? Geez, get over yourself, but I love you bro cause you are a fellow App.

It would be asinine to donate to a SCHOLARSHIP fund if you didn’t attend any games??? Really? I believe about 80% of the Yosef Club did exactly that last season. I certainly understand that financial reasons make it hard or impossible to donate so I’ll never criticize or judge. But it’s really simple. If you can afford to donate then great, do it. If you can’t, then great, support anyway you can. But choosing to fund scholarships should not be conditional.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Tue May 25, 2021 10:06 pm

proasu89 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:46 pm
NewApp wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
NewApp: What is it you want exactly? You take a lot of vague swipes at other people then become the biggest victim on the board when someone challenges you on it. Clearly you have nothing to do as you are starting these threads in what looks to be nothing more than an attempt to get people to fight with you or fight with one another. I've been reading your posts and while one can debate the track removal, non-revenue sports argument all day, all I read from you by your own admission is you don't really donate to the Yosef Club, but complain about the lack of funding for non-revenue sports, while also bragging about never missing a football game and all that comes with the stadium enhancements but also complaining about the current state of the football program and how much it costs.

Seems to me its pretty simple. Why don't you boycott football or just App State athletics in general since you feel the money is being so badly mismanaged. Or instead of the money you pay to attend football games, why not donate that to the Yosef Club?

I'm failing to see what you are trying to get out of this besides good old fashioned bitching and baiting. Hell I took the bait so you can take that victory lap. Many posters are agreeing with you in theory, but I have yet to see you offer one solution to your grievances.
Any vague swipe is totally in your imagination. And certainly not baiting. Furthermore, many posts on this thread have said exactly what I say. No victim here. Just griping about fair play. Too, I don't brag about following App, just pointing out what can and do do regarding about ASU athletics.

It would be pretty asinine to donate to Yosef and yet see no games. Would you do that??? Huh? Now go pick on somebody else in your spare time.
As to suggested solution...it's too late. I would have and did suggest we do the 105 project first before we built what I sort of think of as a boondogle and show piece. It's cute, but is it worth $50M? And having to do without a track like any decent high school has.Just asking.

Have you told the other posters who are griping to boycott athletics? Geez, get over yourself, but I love you bro cause you are a fellow App.

It would be asinine to donate to a SCHOLARSHIP fund if you didn’t attend any games??? Really? I believe about 80% of the Yosef Club did exactly that last season. I certainly understand that financial reasons make it hard or impossible to donate so I’ll never criticize or judge. But it’s really simple. If you can afford to donate then great, do it. If you can’t, then great, support anyway you can. But choosing to fund scholarships should not be conditional.
Dude you and I know it’s about attention. I donate to Yosef but can’t attend many games. It’s all about the arguing instead

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed May 26, 2021 2:24 am

proasu89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

This is what I've been saying all along. If I could afford to do both, I certainly would and if I could afford season tickets, I would certainly buy them whether I would use all of them or not. As I have said many many times, I have the Foundation in my will as it seems the academic side should come first. But that is just me evidently.
Choosing to fund scholarships never has been conditional to me just...per my personal finances.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed May 26, 2021 2:26 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:06 pm
proasu89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

Dude you and I know it’s about attention.
I donate to Yosef but can’t attend many games. It’s all about the arguing instead
Dude, I hate to be crude, but that is TOTAL bull Shite. What good would attention from people I have never met in my whole life and prob won't ever do anyone???. You are unfortunately projecting your own feelings on me. :?: :?: :?: :?: Think about it man!!!
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed May 26, 2021 2:30 am

Seattle said all I read from you by your own admission is you don't really donate to the Yosef Club

FYI, and no disrespect..I donated what I could afford at the time for over 40 years. And I do donate a very small amount to the Club and buy at least something from the bookstore every time I come up to Boone. EVERY time, usually as gifts.
Google SUX

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Wed May 26, 2021 7:43 am

I think they let the contract to build the track facility. Expecting a major donation to the YC.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed May 26, 2021 11:27 am

Seattleapp wrote:
proasu89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

Dude you and I know it’s about attention. I donate to Yosef but can’t attend many games. It’s all about the arguing instead
You couldn’t be more wrong and you know it. It’s about defending myself against every petty crony on this board who gets their jollies taking my posts out of context and reading into them stuff that is far from the truth. One poster a few months ago advised me to just let them slide and consider the source. That’s what I should do but don’t
Google SUX

brocktune90

Unread post by brocktune90 » Wed May 26, 2021 12:01 pm

I am Yosef Club for 16 years and the last home game I attended was in 2009. Am I the asinine?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed May 26, 2021 12:21 pm

Not if there is a good reason you didn’t such as distance or work. Otherwise pretty much unless you are rolling in dough or major philantropically inclined.

The team needs your butt in the seats and yelling, too, but whatever floats your boat.
Google SUX

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Wed May 26, 2021 1:48 pm

NewApp wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 11:27 am
Seattleapp wrote:
proasu89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

You couldn’t be more wrong and you know it. It’s about defending myself against every petty crony on this board who gets their jollies taking my posts out of context and reading into them stuff that is far from the truth. One poster a few months ago advised me to just let them slide and consider the source. That’s what I should do but don’t
You are the only poster who starts divisive threads and then bemoans how you have to defend yourself from the unruly mob. And also, if everyone is taking your positions out of context maybe you are simply poor at communicating them. Do you think there’s a secret group that meets to discuss ways to sabotage you? Maybe it’s you who should get over yourself. You have every right to post on here but I assure you there is no conspiracy against you, despite what you may wish or think

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed May 26, 2021 2:05 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 1:48 pm
NewApp wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 11:27 am
Seattleapp wrote:
proasu89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:

You are the only poster who starts divisive threads and then bemoans how you have to defend yourself from the unruly mob. And also, if everyone is taking your positions out of context maybe you are simply poor at communicating them. Do you think there’s a secret group that meets to discuss ways to sabotage you? Maybe it’s you who should get over yourself. You have every right to post on here but I assure you there is no conspiracy against you, despite what you may wish or think
Didn’t start this thread and there were several who agreed with me. Never ever said there was a conspiracy just several pick apart my comments for jollies or animosity. Get over myself? Take your own advice.
Now i’m going to go do something productive. I suggest you do the same. See you later.
Google SUX

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Wed May 26, 2021 2:41 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 10:07 pm

Have you hear anything about the tweet I posted? I saw there are 6 tennis courts in the renderings, a track and a long metal building. Do you know if those are indoor tennis courts or something else?

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed May 26, 2021 5:34 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
proasu89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

I am curious, how often do you get in from Seattle for an App home game? That is a bit more than driving up 421 from Greensboro.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Wed May 26, 2021 5:44 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 5:34 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
proasu89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

I am curious, how often do you get in from Seattle for an App home game? That is a bit more than driving up 421 from Greensboro.
Seein as I no longer live in Seattle I get to several app games a year. I also am in the Yosef club. But even when I lived in Seattle I donated to the Yosef club. Again. This isn’t about how many games one attends. It’s pissing and moaning about the funding of the football program and lamenting how we should have
Used that money for other sports but loving the fruits of the football program while not really contributing to the athletic program.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed May 26, 2021 6:46 pm

"Seein as I no longer live in Seattle I get to several app games a year. I also am in the Yosef club. But even when I lived in Seattle I donated to the Yosef club. Again. This isn’t about how many games one attends. It’s pissing and moaning about the funding of the football program and lamenting how we should have
Used that money for other sports but loving the fruits of the football program while not really contributing to the athletic program."

Let me have your bank account and I will donate a lot. And yes I have a right to piss and moan. I buy tickets and I sent a kid to App for 4 years. So one has to donate a lot before they have a right to gripe. I see.
Google SUX

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Wed May 26, 2021 6:56 pm

NewApp wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 6:46 pm
"Seein as I no longer live in Seattle I get to several app games a year. I also am in the Yosef club. But even when I lived in Seattle I donated to the Yosef club. Again. This isn’t about how many games one attends. It’s pissing and moaning about the funding of the football program and lamenting how we should have
Used that money for other sports but loving the fruits of the football program while not really contributing to the athletic program."

Let me have your bank account and I will donate a lot. And yes I have a right to piss and moan. I buy tickets and I sent a kid to App for 4 years. So one has to donate a lot before they have a right to gripe. I see.
Can you take your crying and moaning to another thread so you don't get this one nuked? I legit want to know more about the new track and field facilities that the tweet was talking about.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed May 26, 2021 6:58 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 5:44 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
proasu89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:

Seein as I no longer live in Seattle I get to several app games a year. I also am in the Yosef club. But even when I lived in Seattle I donated to the Yosef club. Again. This isn’t about how many games one attends. It’s pissing and moaning about the funding of the football program and lamenting how we should have
Used that money for other sports but loving the fruits of the football program while not really contributing to the athletic program.
When I moved I changed my username..just sayin' :lol:

Serioulsy, glad you get in more App games now regardless of living location.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Wed May 26, 2021 10:30 pm

appdaze wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 6:56 pm
NewApp wrote:

Can you take your crying and moaning to another thread so you don't get this one nuked? I legit want to know more about the new track and field facilities that the tweet was talking about.
No one cares about that 😂.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Wed May 26, 2021 10:31 pm

Wed May 26, 2021 6:58 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 5:44 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
proasu89 wrote:

When I moved I changed my username..just sayin' :lol:

Serioulsy, glad you get in more App games now regardless of living location.
Yeah it’s been cool. I’ve been back several years now. I should change it actually and post about what a dick Seattleapp is.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed May 26, 2021 10:38 pm

appdaze wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 6:56 pm
NewApp wrote:

Can you mind your own f'n business and quit trying to be a pseudo-moderator? If it gets nuked it will be for some off color vindictive remark you or S make. And if it does, you can just start another thread. The world won't come to an end.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Olympic Sports”