Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

College Game Day Is Coming To BOONE!

yosef69
School: Appalachian State

Re: College Game Day Is Coming To BOONE!

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:51 am

Well, that went better than I ever imagined. I am buzzing right now.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:00 pm

Luke nailed it. What a great ambassador! Reminded NDSU who used to rule FCS, said NC State didn’t want to come up the mountain, and even called for a P5 bid!
The guy bleeds black and gold, and I’m glad he’s in our foxhole.
Now…. Beat Troy!

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:29 pm

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:08 pm

I was watching recorded a few minutes behind and it ran long and it didn’t record. So I’ll have to go back to find the last couple picks.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:28 pm

biggie wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:08 pm
I was watching recorded a few minutes behind and it ran long and it didn’t record. So I’ll have to go back to find the last couple picks.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:42 pm

The entire cast was very complementary of our school and the town in general. I know a lot on here like to hate on Herbie but he literally said, 'this is the type of town I would like to live' (or something close to that as I can't exactly recall as i have been drinking for about 12 hours now). The entire crew raved about us and everybody picked us to win. This was the biggest advertisement that App State could ever have. Fortunately we won the game.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:23 am

QueencityApp wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:01 pm
I wonder where these guys usually stay the night during their quick weekend visits? Surely not a hotel in Boone but I’d figure a high end rental. Too bad Greenes motel isn’t around any longer.
I heard they were all staying at a house in Elk River.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:35 am

Does anybody know where full College Gameday can be viewed?

The ESPN app “had” it this morning On Demand but just removed it around 9:30 am est

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:44 am

Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:47 am
Corso can barely talk sensibly. Reminds me of Joe Biden. Ol Lee has got to be near the end of his run.
Had to slide politics into a good thread. Save it for your Facebook posts

NeersBy90

Unread post by NeersBy90 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:16 am

I can admit when I’m wrong, and I should’ve kept those comments to myself Friday. I was angry and it was a knee jerk reaction. Everything about College GameDay yesterday was incredible. Best thing to happen to AppState, maybe ever.

Still not a fan of Kirk or Corso but everything that happened yesterday off the field was by all accounts perfect. So proud of the university and all involved. Watching on TV now and the crowd looks like the biggest I’ve ever seen on GameDay.

My apologies for unnecessarily ruffling the feathers Friday, I was wrong.

NeersBy90

Unread post by NeersBy90 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:17 am

AtlAppMan wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:35 am
Does anybody know where full College Gameday can be viewed?

The ESPN app “had” it this morning On Demand but just removed it around 9:30 am est
I’m watching on demand on ESPN+ right now.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:49 am

NeersBy90 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:16 am
I can admit when I’m wrong, and I should’ve kept those comments to myself Friday. I was angry and it was a knee jerk reaction. Everything about College GameDay yesterday was incredible. Best thing to happen to AppState, maybe ever.

Still not a fan of Kirk or Corso but everything that happened yesterday off the field was by all accounts perfect. So proud of the university and all involved. Watching on TV now and the crowd looks like the biggest I’ve ever seen on GameDay.

My apologies for unnecessarily ruffling the feathers Friday, I was wrong.
I noticed something interesting yesterday watching it live. Herbstreit really looks after Corso like he’s an elder parent. I am much the same way with my dad now which is why I guess I noticed it. During breaks and after the show he’s very gentle with him. This will obviously be Corso’s last year. He’s pretty frail. I respected that. Additionally, when they were hustling herbstreit to his car he did stop and take a few pics with fans. I get he has to get on a plane and be in Texas. He may the fakest dude in the world but he maintained his professionalism. I don’t love herbstreit either but I did like seeing that.

Incidentally, two female police officers were getting McAfee to his car while kids were talking to him. Not accosting him but trying to get a pic etc, and they briefly turned the wrong way and in front of me and everyone he yelled “Oh for fucks sake!” I know not that huge of a deal, but he was being a bit of a diva which surprised me because he wants to come off as this man of the people guy. Again may be the best dude In the world but with people in those positions, perception can be reality.

Just a couple first hand observations I thought I’d share

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:53 am

t4pizza wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:42 pm
The entire cast was very complementary of our school and the town in general. I know a lot on here like to hate on Herbie but he literally said, 'this is the type of town I would like to live' (or something close to that as I can't exactly recall as i have been drinking for about 12 hours now). The entire crew raved about us and everybody picked us to win. This was the biggest advertisement that App State could ever have. Fortunately we won the game.
I hope (tho I’m not hopeful) that this actually leads to a shift for College Gameday. It’s become a shell of what it once was, but this week’s episode was great. I understand the big teams have the biggest markets, but it’s a 3 hour show every week. They could take some time to talk about good G5 and even FCS matchups. Make the show about ALL of college football instead of just the top 10-15 SEC, Big 10, and Big 12 schools.
A lot of people were exposed to the awesome beauty and culture of Boone today. I’d be willing to bet there are many other hidden gems like it across the country. But instead, Gameday will just go back to Tuscaloosa, Athens, Austin, Columbus, and Ann Arbor.

NeersBy90

Unread post by NeersBy90 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:57 am

I can appreciate that perspective of Kirk and Corso. Again, the disparaging G5 remarks are where my issues arise. Good for Kirk for looking after Corso, seems like a great guy that I disagree with on this particular opinion. He did seem incredibly genuine with everything I’ve seen thus far on the broadcast.

I’m not all that surprised about hearing that with McAfee. He comes across to me as super intense and almost wired or jacked up to an annoying level all the time.

Had it been Marty Smith reacting that way I would be shocked. Marty is my favorite ESPN personality of all time I think.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:05 am

NeersBy90 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:57 am
I can appreciate that perspective of Kirk and Corso. Again, the disparaging G5 remarks are where my issues arise. Good for Kirk for looking after Corso, seems like a great guy that I disagree with on this particular opinion. He did seem incredibly genuine with everything I’ve seen thus far on the broadcast.

I’m not all that surprised about hearing that with McAfee. He comes across to me as super intense and almost wired or jacked up to an annoying level all the time.

Had it been Marty Smith reacting that way I would be shocked. Marty is my favorite ESPN personality of all time I think.
Agree on all points. Admittedly I didn’t know much about McAfee but that’s a dude who would cuss you out if you asked him for a picture out someplace. Marty Smith seems
Like the real McCoy which is refreshing

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:28 am

Somebody corrected them on the Appalachian pronunciation.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:40 am

As they were leaving, I saw Lee Corso come over (very slowly and carefully) and interact with fans including pics, he was very gracious. Also, what's the story with the students holding baby dolls?

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:42 am

Might have been posted elsewhere but Good Morning America just showed our Hail Mary play and said people are calling it one of the "best highlights of the season." They also mentioned the Texas A&M upset.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:14 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:40 am
As they were leaving, I saw Lee Corso come over (very slowly and carefully) and interact with fans including pics, he was very gracious. Also, what's the story with the students holding baby dolls?
It’s something on Twitter. They started it during basketball, Carlos is the baby name. One of those random student things.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:23 pm

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:14 pm
Rick83 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:40 am
It’s something on Twitter. They started it during basketball, Carlos is the baby name. One of those random student things.
LOL..I don't understand it but they seem to enjoy it and it's not harming anyone or anything.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”