• Birthdays
    • CLTApp11 (31)

Time for Change with App State Basketball

app97
Posts: 605
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:09 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by app97 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:44 pm

Impressive comeback at end of first half at Troy. Down by 22 and we cut it to 1 point. Play defense and box out and we can win. We have the offense.



Stonewall
Posts: 1468
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 906 times
Been thanked: 583 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:49 pm

We’ve made a run. Can we keep it going?



User avatar
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09
Posts: 1886
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 2:05 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Stephens City, VA
Has thanked: 362 times
Been thanked: 714 times
Contact:

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:56 pm

2nd half always worries me with this team. Hopefully they end my worries today



ASU3432Mi
Posts: 654
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:43 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 760 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:01 pm

We're due a miracle. Gotta work for it and make it happen.



User avatar
Apptiger
Posts: 1931
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:16 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Lakeland, FL
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by Apptiger » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:55 pm

Not today. Didn't quit but can't close



app97
Posts: 605
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:09 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by app97 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:59 pm

Body language says it all.
Last edited by app97 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Stonewall
Posts: 1468
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 906 times
Been thanked: 583 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:00 pm

No surprise today sports fans. Poor fundamentals again. Block out a couple of times and we might have gotten a W.Not impressed with the Alabama teams but they made their free throws. Losses stacking up.



User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 4167
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 570 times
Been thanked: 1484 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:02 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:00 pm
No surprise today sports fans. Poor fundamentals again. Block out a couple of times and we might have gotten a W.Not impressed with the Alabama teams but they made their free throws. Losses stacking up.
Alabama beat UK today



Stonewall
Posts: 1468
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 906 times
Been thanked: 583 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:03 pm

I was referring to South and Troy.



CharlotteApp05
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:18 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:04 pm

Just wait til conference they said......



User avatar
hapapp
Posts: 14187
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 12:48 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Rocky Mount, VA
Has thanked: 1195 times
Been thanked: 1188 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:16 pm

The Texas schools come to Boone next. Have to at least have a split as the next three are on the road.



ncman071
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:40 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by ncman071 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:06 pm

5-10 and 0-2 is just not acceptable.....2-10 against d1 competition...all i can say is we have 16 more conference games i believe and Fox should be coaching right now for his job...winning can fix a lot of problems..couple home wins coming up would bring some confidence to our kids and you never know, but we cant go 9-9 again in the conference



User avatar
asu66
Posts: 25601
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 1:21 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 972 times
Been thanked: 1224 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:45 pm

app97 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:59 pm
Body language says it all.
Your edit's appreciated. Seacat looked to be playing injured or sick this afternoon, but still managed to score in double-digits and had two key jump-hook buckets to keep us in it. He didn't get a lot of help up front today, but the refs seemed determined to chase his running mates. And they did finally kick both of them to the curb with a lot of time remaining.

Unfortunate, but on par for the treatment of Fox's teams on the road in prior seasons. Didn't help that Varnado was playing lights out, as usual. Hicks hurt us, also.
Last edited by asu66 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:22 am, edited 5 times in total.


If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Stonewall
Posts: 1468
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 906 times
Been thanked: 583 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:15 pm

2 and 10 , year five. Not year two , or three, year five.



Seattleapp
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:00 am
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:55 pm

asu66 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:45 pm
app97 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:59 pm
Body language says it all.
Your edit's appreciated. Seacat looked to be playing injured or sick this afternoon, but still managed to score in double-digits and had two key jump-hook buckets to keep us in it. He didn't get a lot of help up front today, but the refs seemed determined to chase his running mates. And they did finally kick both of them to the curb with a lot of time remaining.

Unfortunate, but on par for the treatment of Fox's teams on the road in prior seasons. Didn't help that Varnado was light out, as usual. Hicks hurt us, also.
I respect you but trying to place this team on the refs is not honest. This team lacks the fundamentals to win consistently and that’s coaching



User avatar
asu66
Posts: 25601
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 1:21 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 972 times
Been thanked: 1224 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:49 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:55 pm
asu66 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:45 pm
app97 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:59 pm
Body language says it all.
Your edit's appreciated. Seacat looked to be playing injured or sick this afternoon, but still managed to score in double-digits and had two key jump-hook buckets to keep us in it. He didn't get a lot of help up front today, but the refs seemed determined to chase his running mates. And they did finally kick both of them to the curb with a lot of time remaining.

Unfortunate, but on par for the treatment of Fox's teams on the road in prior seasons. Didn't help that Varnado was light out, as usual. Hicks hurt us, also.
I respect you but trying to place this team on the refs is not honest. This team lacks the fundamentals to win consistently and that’s coaching
Honestly, this is the first time I've ever been tagged as an apologist for Fox's coaching or his team's poor play. Normally, I'm getting tabbed as an overly-critical bum.

Nonetheless, here's my point in a nutshell. Our two best and most experienced forwards played only 36 of a possible 80 minutes in yesterday's game. They were riding the pine with foul trouble during the other possible 44 minutes of play. As I recall, both had fouled out by the critical three minutes remaining mark. They left the game with a combined total of 4 points and 7 boards. That was one great-big factor in our loss.

Perhaps the biggest single factor in our loss was Troy's record-setting 13 blocked shots against our Apps! That's downright embarrassing. :oops:


If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

sixtoes9134
Posts: 1072
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:42 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 161 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am

ncman071 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:06 pm
5-10 and 0-2 is just not acceptable.....2-10 against d1 competition...all i can say is we have 16 more conference games i believe and Fox should be coaching right now for his job...winning can fix a lot of problems..couple home wins coming up would bring some confidence to our kids and you never know, but we cant go 9-9 again in the conference
One more nugget, 0-10 on the road. Let that sink in. Can't finish in the top half of the conference if you can't win on the road.



User avatar
MAD Doctor
Posts: 1643
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 827 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:27 am

2018-19 MBB Over/Under
Quote
Post Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:42 pm

Last season the Over/Under was set at 14 and the boys went over by 1.
This season (2018-19), I’ll put it at 16. Tournament wins count. What say you, OVER or UNDER?


Nearly everyone took the Over on a sixteen win season. Now, it’s going to take an amazing turnaround to even get close to 16. Still hopeful the turnaround will come like a lightning strike, but nothing Is pointing to that happening.



Stonewall
Posts: 1468
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 906 times
Been thanked: 583 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:53 pm

We play a really bad UTA squad tonight.If there is a "must win" ,this might be it .



User avatar
AppGrad78
Posts: 3880
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:33 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Born: Waynesville, NC; Resides: Greensboro, NC
Has thanked: 1406 times
Been thanked: 571 times

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm

For those of you who can't make the game in Boone tonight, one of our better recruits -- Donovan Gregory of Matthews Carmel Christian -- will be in Greensboro tonight to face Greensboro Day. The game tips at 6 p.m. Carmel Christian (21-1) is MaxPreps' top-ranked team in North Carolina. Gregory is the team's leading scorer at 18.3 ppg.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 31 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 31 guests

    Most users ever online was 1551 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:31 pm

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests