App-branded Beer

User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 4723
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:11 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 1710 times

App-branded Beer

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:19 am




User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 4723
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:11 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 1710 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:19 am

Available at home games




tnave94
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:25 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by tnave94 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:31 am

Hang on, let me get my popcorn. I’m sure someone will show up with some absurd reason to complain about this.



goapps
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:45 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte
Has thanked: 272 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by goapps » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:48 am

The Black and Old Gold color scheme rocks!



User avatar
GregPercussion
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:01 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by GregPercussion » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:35 am

I heard something like this had been in the works once the on-campus beer deal was coming. Glad Nathan/AMB is giving back too.

Sign up and give me 20



User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 4723
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:11 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 1710 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:48 am

goapps wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:48 am
The Black and Old Gold color scheme rocks!
The photo of the actual can (as opposed to the graphic of the can in the announcement) appears to be current App State "gold."



User avatar
goapps93
Posts: 2924
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 237 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by goapps93 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:15 am

This is way better than what NCSU did with the release of their Old Tuffy Premium Lager in partnership with New Belgium. All the local breweries in Raleigh and they went out of town. Glad to see ASU partnering with a local brewery with App roots.


WE ARE YOSEF!

User avatar
Nugget49
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:16 pm
School: Charlotte
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by Nugget49 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:36 am

Your beer can looks great. Congratulations!



User avatar
appmaj
Posts: 696
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:11 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Kannapolis, NC
Has thanked: 290 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by appmaj » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:39 am

goapps93 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:15 am
This is way better than what NCSU did with the release of their Old Tuffy Premium Lager in partnership with New Belgium. All the local breweries in Raleigh and they went out of town. Glad to see ASU partnering with a local brewery with App roots.
Careful saying something negative about NC State :shock:



User avatar
beav910
Posts: 310
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:13 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by beav910 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:00 am

goapps93 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:15 am
This is way better than what NCSU did with the release of their Old Tuffy Premium Lager in partnership with New Belgium. All the local breweries in Raleigh and they went out of town. Glad to see ASU partnering with a local brewery with App roots.
Yeah I find that interesting as well. And it’s the same exact beer that Colorado State got it’s just unique branding.


Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

User avatar
AppUSMC
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:20 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 114 times
Been thanked: 212 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by AppUSMC » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:02 am

They should require a YOSEF Club membership to purchase the beer at the game. A $20 minimum donation to join the club and have a smart phone app with a bar code to scan to verify membership at each purchase. Student ID works too.

This would really boost YOSEF Club numbers and give members an actual exclusive perk if they’re the only ones authorized to purchase beer at the game.



MrCraig
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:27 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by MrCraig » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:42 am

AppUSMC wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:02 am
They should require a YOSEF Club membership to purchase the beer at the game. A $20 minimum donation to join the club and have a smart phone app with a bar code to scan to verify membership at each purchase. Student ID works too.

This would really boost YOSEF Club numbers and give members an actual exclusive perk if they’re the only ones authorized to purchase beer at the game.
That would also be absurd and result in hundreds of gallons of beer going bad before anyone drank it.



User avatar
yosef13
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:13 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 298 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by yosef13 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:58 am

MrCraig wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:42 am
AppUSMC wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:02 am
They should require a YOSEF Club membership to purchase the beer at the game. A $20 minimum donation to join the club and have a smart phone app with a bar code to scan to verify membership at each purchase. Student ID works too.

This would really boost YOSEF Club numbers and give members an actual exclusive perk if they’re the only ones authorized to purchase beer at the game.
That would also be absurd and result in hundreds of gallons of beer going bad before anyone drank it.
Or maybe 50% of the proceeds go to the Yosef Club? Or whatever % AMB prefers.



User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 4723
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:11 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 1710 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:58 am

AppUSMC wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:02 am
They should require a YOSEF Club membership to purchase the beer at the game. A $20 minimum donation to join the club and have a smart phone app with a bar code to scan to verify membership at each purchase. Student ID works too.

This would really boost YOSEF Club numbers and give members an actual exclusive perk if they’re the only ones authorized to purchase beer at the game.
I like the idea, but I'd suggest specific (shorter) YC beer lines to accomplish that mission without depriving the casual fans from beer/depriving the athletic department from casual fans' $$$. Have a few people serving members with cold beer and another few helping register new members. Shorter lines would incentivize joining at a nominal level, and we all know how important per-capita membership is for corporate donations.



MrCraig
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:27 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by MrCraig » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:03 am

Gonzo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:58 am
AppUSMC wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:02 am
They should require a YOSEF Club membership to purchase the beer at the game. A $20 minimum donation to join the club and have a smart phone app with a bar code to scan to verify membership at each purchase. Student ID works too.

This would really boost YOSEF Club numbers and give members an actual exclusive perk if they’re the only ones authorized to purchase beer at the game.
I like the idea, but I'd suggest specific (shorter) YC beer lines to accomplish that mission without depriving the casual fans from beer/depriving the athletic department from casual fans' $$$. Have a few people serving members with cold beer and another few helping register new members. Shorter lines would incentivize joining at a nominal level, and we all know how important per-capita membership is for corporate donations.
This is a better idea. Kind of like how season ticket holders at lots of pro stadiums get discounted concessions and shorter lines. But making people pay $20 just for the opportunity to buy a $7 beer is insulting.



User avatar
yosef13
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:13 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 298 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by yosef13 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:08 am

I'm just glad we have it. Thanks AMB!!



User avatar
goapps93
Posts: 2924
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 237 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by goapps93 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:11 am

beav910 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:00 am
goapps93 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:15 am
This is way better than what NCSU did with the release of their Old Tuffy Premium Lager in partnership with New Belgium. All the local breweries in Raleigh and they went out of town. Glad to see ASU partnering with a local brewery with App roots.
Yeah I find that interesting as well. And it’s the same exact beer that Colorado State got it’s just unique branding.
Wow, didn't know that. Crazy. Old Aggie=Old Tuffy. Wait'l I rag my State friends about that.


WE ARE YOSEF!

kornegaylw
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:04 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by kornegaylw » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:05 am

Any idea how I can get some in Dallas TX?



Appstate88
Posts: 1519
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 291 times
Been thanked: 646 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by Appstate88 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:15 am

Awesome job DG and AMB. Looking forward to 31 August even more. Great branding and can design. Nothing better than a pint (16oz) or two of Yosef Golden Ale (YGA).



User avatar
VNova
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: App-branded Beer

Unread post by VNova » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:31 am

kornegaylw wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:05 am
Any idea how I can get some in Dallas TX?
I'm in San Diego, and I'm trying to figure that out too. One of my local craft beer shops might be able to get an order in.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests

    Most users ever online was 1927 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:27 am

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests