Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Georgia St Game Day Thread

Appstate88
School: Appalachian State

Re: Georgia St Game Day Thread

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:15 pm

The problem starts with a “P”. Get it?
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:21 pm

I guess it’s a good thing, but there is a level of play we expect out of App State football and we have not seen it other than Ark State. We expect better play and calls. Running up the middle in a stacked box over and over then a throw behind the line on 3rd and long is just bad. I do think the shuffle in the o lime didn’t help today but they got whipped most of the game. I hope the best for Zac as I do think he gives us the best chance to win.

AppStForMe

Unread post by AppStForMe » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:22 pm

Some way some how next weekend we’re going to have to be better on the LOS on offense. Anyone else notice how once ZT went out we owned the line? Our guys got fired up and we ran the ball better. That’s what we need ....emotion. We also have to find a game plan that works... Other than Evans this is the same team from last year.
Anyway just glad to come out with a w today.
I’m prayin for Zac and hoping for good news
BYW hope I didn’t offend anyone. This is message board and I just give my opinion.
I bleed black and gold!

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:25 pm

Ga State played well on D. I am wondering if the vanilla offense today may have been some sandbaging before next week? On the other hand it has not been a lights out offense most of the season. They'll have to click next week to be competitive. Defense will have their hands full keeping us in the game.
Go APP! PRAYERS FOR ZAC.

Deano

Unread post by Deano » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:30 pm

Hats off to Ga St, they prepped well for this game and their recruiting sheet said that they were great against the run and not so great against the pass, so what do we do, try and run it stubbornly up the middle over and over again. To me the plays around the side were working more than up the middle until the last drive when the middle suddenly worked. The play calling was surprisingly vanilla. Not sure if this is all on coaching or just the fact that Ga St pre-gamed well and was built to stop the run. Huessman stepped in and was clean and crisp, Hope he is up to the starting job should ZT be out.

MtnMan14

Unread post by MtnMan14 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:33 pm

Man this “we might be sandbagging for the next big game” crap is so obnoxious. Can we not accept that we got owned at the line of scrimmage for 90% of the game and it doesn’t matter what play you call when you’re getting man handled? Same thing happened against Marshall. We can’t get pressure on an opposing QB with 3 guys and on the O line today we gave our guys no room to run. I don’t care what play you call it’s not gonna work if we don’t execute. We aren’t sandbagging for anyone. If we lose next week “we were sandbagging for UL!”. It’s ridiculous.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:01 pm

mikeyosef wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:54 pm
Appsolutely wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:38 pm
Zac needs to sit, at least for a while.
Well, lucky you. Looks like the guy who chose to play for App will indeed be sitting for a while or maybe longer..What an FDA you are. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard Notre Dame and Clemson fans say how lucky we are to have him and how we would never have him now without the injury he suffered his Senior year. But NOOOOO, you MFs can't see what we have.. you have to wish he would F'ing sit for a while...Well, you dumb ass...looks like you got your wish. I am soooo tired of you f'ing idiots talking about athletes as if you know what the F you are talking about. Hope you feel satisfied.
Its posts like this that really make me wish we had a “like” button here.

InFor6More

Unread post by InFor6More » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:02 pm

Yosefus wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:25 pm
Ga State played well on D. I am wondering if the vanilla offense today may have been some sandbaging before next week? On the other hand it has not been a lights out offense most of the season. They'll have to click next week to be competitive. Defense will have their hands full keeping us in the game.
Go APP! PRAYERS FOR ZAC.
You beat me to it. I too am wondering if we used portions of this past week to install plays for Coastal. I sure hope that is the case.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:35 pm

Watching the ESPN+ stream of the game, Zac's frustration with the play calling was abundantly clear.

Give the Panthers defense credit, they gave us all we could handle. But I'm beginning to wonder if we're leaning on this bland offensive scheme for some other reason (injuries, for example)? If that were the case, why would Zac be so upset? I'm no conspiracy theorist but something just doesn't add up.

And I can't wait to see who that woman is in Section 106 who hollers like a crazy person!

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:44 pm

InFor6More wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:02 pm
Yosefus wrote:
Go APP! PRAYERS FOR ZAC.
You beat me to it. I too am wondering if we used portions of this past week to install plays for Coastal. I sure hope that is the case.
Georgia State isn't a dumpster fire of a program either. Remember they took Louisiana to the wire and have been pretty formidable.

That said, why we kept trying to run the ball up the middle over instead of in the air is beyond me. You'd think after the 14th time we ran the RB into a blue and white wall we would have changed it up.

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:46 pm

7 years in FBS, 7th year being bowl eligible. Program seems to be in great shape to me. :D

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:27 pm

This is why our winning tradition will continue...It’s great to be a Mountaineer.

GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:40 pm

If Shawn Clark calls the plays tonight we win by 20.

Time to take the reins Shawn.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:56 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:40 pm
If Shawn Clark calls the plays tonight we win by 20.

Time to take the reins Shawn.
I was hard on the Petersen hire the moment it was announced, and I’m not necessarily calling for his job/demotion at this point, but it was a hire that I never understood why Shawn made. Your first chance at putting together a staff and the best we can do is the OC associated with arguably the worst period of ECU football. Why?

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:11 pm

I wrote in the second week...what offense are we running? There is zero misdirection. A little, and I mean a little, play action is all we have for covering up where the ball is going. It is great to rely on the offensive line when feasible but if the line is not getting it done it would be nice to have a second option. I think we ran 2 jet sweeps everything inside.

That being said...>Nice win. Our D is stout.

savoyspecial21

Unread post by savoyspecial21 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:12 pm

You can only say "it was ugly, but a win is a win!" so many times.

Hope they prove my more than mild skepticism wrong next week.

Go App.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:19 pm

I miss Drinks offense

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:22 pm

hotrod2001 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:44 pm
InFor6More wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:02 pm
Yosefus wrote:
Go APP! PRAYERS FOR ZAC.
Georgia State isn't a dumpster fire of a program either. Remember they took Louisiana to the wire and have been pretty formidable.

That said, why we kept trying to run the ball up the middle over instead of in the air is beyond me. You'd think after the 14th time we ran the RB into a blue and white wall we would have changed it up.
And they lost to Coastal by 51

Yes, doing that is dumb as hell. Not even close to being sold on our play calling. It leaves a lot to be desired, after the second series of being snuffed running up the middle, make adjustments.

Also, puzzling that Clark said he didn't know much about Coastal in post game interview.....What did they do during Covid break, go to Mother Fletchers, Holley's or PB Scotts? I'll bet Coastal knows a lot about APP. I'm guessing we could be a 2+ TD underdog on Saturday at #15 Coastal.
BLACK SATURDAY

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:31 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:19 pm
I miss Drinks offense
Some are just glad to be here and the aggressive minds have moved on to make several million $$$ a year.
BLACK SATURDAY

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:48 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:13 pm
Last year when the new HC was announced it was almost unanimous on here that he was the right man for the job and would maybe stay for a long time, unlike Satterfield and Drinkwitz and furthermore DG had been brilliant.
I thi k this is still the case what this is is the new HC learning how to be a HC growing pains. Stop me of youve heard this joke...first down, run up the middle for no gain. 2nd down, long pass incomplete, third down some sort of edge run for 3 yards and punt.
A good OC will understand tendancies And mix them up, but also help his kids by putting them in situations where they can succeed rather than trying to prove we Re a running team

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”